star wars tri - logo amanaman. Spanish pbp moc.. afa 80!

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Don't think it will reach the £746 that was paid for it last time, at least without help.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-AMANAMAN/253384118041?hash=item3afedecf19:g:3DIAAOSwKIdaY4Hx&redirect=mobile

Private bidding lmao, so obvious!

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
sparkysx said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-AMANAMAN/253384118041?hash=item3afedecf19:g:3DIAAOSwKIdaY4Hx&redirect=mobile

Private bidding lmao, so obvious!

Don't possibly imagine what you are referring to!!
That Rogue one chap looks a bonafied bidder. Think he might have another cheeky bid in a mo :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Oh dear. Take £839, deduct 13.4% for fees and you're left with.....£726.

I'm only sorry you didn't lose more on it :D

Sadly, the only real winner here is eBay (including PayPal) who have made over £200 on this being flipped. You've sucked that money out of collector's pockets. If ever the similarity to a leech was more obvious.....

subzero

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Sadly, the only real winner here is eBay (including PayPal) who have made over £200 on this being flipped. You've sucked that money out of collector's pockets. If ever the similarity to a leech was more obvious.....

Actually I think the maximum fees ebay charge for a single transaction is £60, so he would have got £779 before paypal fees are taken off.

So unfortunately he's made more on it. :(

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
subzero said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Actually I think the maximum fees ebay charge for a single transaction is £60, so he would have got £779 before paypal fees are taken off.

So if my memory serves me correctly it has been sold 4 time's on eBay over the last 2 - 3 year's. I don't believe Eric (seller 3) acquired it from eBay but I may have missed a listing.

1. I first saw it for sale on eBay (don't remember when, possibly 14 or 15) at £799 bin price (I assume it achieved this).
2. It was then listed within a month with a £999 bin price which sold reasonably quickly again.
3. April 17 was listed by Eric the Plague for circa £1500 make an offer (tried to buy it then). Then eventually listed as auction and achieved the value posted on the first page, circa £750.
4. Has achieved £839 if the final bid can be believed.

The thing with this item is that it is genuinely a hard to find piece, I have only seen 6 examples of this item on all formats available and I have only seen 3 for sale of these which I was lucky enough to aquire one so I do hope that it was a true final price that was realised and it went to a deserving collector.

Unfortunately with the tactics previously seen by the vendor I fear not.

Let's hope he just liquidated his cashflow and someone deserving acquired it.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I don't think that bid will be honored, I think that with his bad attitude on here he has made that a hard piece to shift.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
sparkysx said:
I don't think that bid will be honored, I think that with his bad attitude on here he has made that a hard piece to shift.

I totally understand your comment with regards to his attitude Sparky but he may just cash in and flip / move on.

subzero

Sith Lord
laurencedyer said:
subzero said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

So if my memory serves me correctly it has been sold 4 time's on eBay over the last 2 - 3 year's. I don't believe Eric (seller 3) acquired it from eBay but I may have missed a listing.

1. I first saw it for sale on eBay (don't remember when, possibly 14 or 15) at £799 bin price (I assume it achieved this).
2. It was then listed within a month with a £999 bin price which sold reasonably quickly again.
3. April 17 was listed by Eric the Plague for circa £1500 make an offer (tried to buy it then). Then eventually listed as auction and achieved the value posted on the first page, circa £750.
4. Has achieved £839 if the final bid can be believed.

The thing with this item is that it is genuinely a hard to find piece, I have only seen 6 examples of this item on all formats available and I have only seen 3 for sale of these which I was lucky enough to aquire one so I do hope that it was a true final price that was realised and it went to a deserving collector.

Unfortunately with the tactics previously seen by the vendor I fear not.

Let's hope he just liquidated his cashflow and someone deserving acquired it.

True, lets just hope at least in that way that something good has come out of this div selling it, and a collector will now be very happy with receiving it, like you say if the top bid is genuine.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

It used to be £40, then £75 and then they upped it to a whopping £250 back in 2014. He lost out here unless he had it on a promo FVF listing.

subzero

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
subzero said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

It used to be £40, then £75 and then they upped it to a whopping £250 back in 2014. He lost out here unless he had it on a promo FVF listing.

Whaat?.. I didn't know that, that's just pure greed plain and simple!

Great that this seller lost out though. :)

sparkysx

Sith Lord
so he will of paid £87 ish on this plus paypal. They capped the fee's at £250 so anything over £2500 you still pay £250. What annoys me most about ebay is them charging fee's on postage under the guise that you offer the buyer free postage, but then also saying that you aren't allowed to add the fee's to the postage cost on top! (which I do anyway!)

Off to list a vintage Tamiya now! :oops:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
sparkysx said:
so he will of paid £87 ish on this plus paypal. They capped the fee's at £250 so anything over £2500 you still pay £250. What annoys me most about ebay is them charging fee's on postage under the guise that you offer the buyer free postage, but then also saying that you aren't allowed to add the fee's to the postage cost on top! (which I do anyway!)

Off to list a vintage Tamiya now! :oops:

:lol:

I was going to go on a mini-rant about the postage fee, too, but then lost the will to live. Thanks for doing it for me :D Totally agree, a disgusting habit by eBay. They will put the greed into greedy-arse-dicks, don't they? I charge 10% on-top of regular postage charges to take that into account. To hell with that rule. I didn't even know it existed. It's unenforceable anyway as you may charge for packaging so who's to say what's a fee and what's a a packaging charge?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom