SWTOTW, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2 Jann Tosh

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Jann Tosh:

Jann.jpg

Last item for week 5, the first item from Droids, Jann Tosh. Last year I saw for the first time since the early 90s all episodes of Droids :D
Funny and a great little tv series :lol:

I don't think Droids was sold in denmark so I did not have any Droids items when I was a kid, but I have heard rumors about the A-Wing was sold in denmark :?

Here is a few pictures of my little Jann Tosh collection.

P1160003.JPG

p11.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Sorry Lars, much like the Ewoks line, I've never collected Droids toys (apart from the A-Wing ;-)), so I can't help with this one. Hopefully some Droids collectors out there can post some of their Jann Tosh figures.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Sorry Lars, much like the Ewoks line, I've never collected Droids toys (apart from the A-Wing ;-)), so I can't help with this one. Hopefully some Droids collectors out there can post some of their Jann Tosh figures.

No problem mate, when we get to the A-wing Fighter then I hope you are ready with some cool pictures :wink:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Never been that interested in the Droids or Ewoks series, but lately I've been looking at the MOC art for the Droids and thinking I quite like it, might look nice in my collection. :eek:
Totally agree, the card art is really nice, particularly on the Droids range.
I also think the "cartoon" ness and colour of these figures make them worth a second look.
I wish that I had bought some back in the 80 90s when dealers couldn't give them away!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :roll:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Never been that interested in the Droids or Ewoks series, but lately I've been looking at the MOC art for the Droids and thinking I quite like it, might look nice in my collection. :eek:

Nice so I am maybe not the only Droids collector in the future on the forum :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Totally agree, the card art is really nice, particularly on the Droids range.
I also think the "cartoon" ness and colour of these figures make them worth a second look.
I wish that I had bought some back in the 80 90s when dealers couldn't give them away!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :roll:

So do we have 2 new Droids collectors on the forum ? :D I agree I also like the art work on the cards :wink:

I think it was sad that they only made the 1st line of Droids and Ewoks. The 2nd line that never came in production looks much more cool. I have a few of them as custom made and I hope one day I get them all :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
No sorry Lars I will not be collecting them, the prices that these sell for now makes me weep!
I am having enough problems putting my POTF run together!
As already mentioned I remember when dealers couldn't give these away.
Never say never, but if they keep going up as they have it's unlikely!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
No sorry Lars I will not be collecting them, the prices that these sell for now makes me weep!
I am having enough problems putting my POTF run together!
As already mentioned I remember when dealers couldn't give these away.
Never say never, but if they keep going up as they have it's unlikely!

Sorry to read that you will not start a Droids run, but I also understand. Star Wars is becoming expensive. Why I also started a thread about if star wars is only today for the Rich. I would love to start a poch cardback focus, but I do not know where I should get the money from for such a focus :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
I have a couple of these. If your going to buy, buy the best condition!

Thanks Alex for sharing pictures of your moc Jann Tosh collection. I was beginning to think I was the only one who have a droids focus :lol:

Some beautiful moc and I love the front and the back of those Droids cards 8)

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
I am very fond of the Droids series. The figures were also released by Kenner Canada in Bi-lingual text and some by Glasslite in Brazil. Added interest to the Droids series figures includes the cross over to include Boba Fett, the last 17 A-Wing pilot, new versions of C-3PO and R2-D2, the inclusion of a Coin with every figure the same as POTF, the ultra-rare 2nd series Vlix only available by Glasslite, and the aborted other second series figures.

KENNER%201986%20TOY%20FAIR%20CATALOG%20DROIDS%20FIGURES%20PAGES.png

Pomse2001

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
I am very fond of the Droids series. The figures were also released by Kenner Canada in Bi-lingual text and some by Glasslite in Brazil. Added interest to the Droids series figures includes the cross over to include Boba Fett, the last 17 A-Wing pilot, new versions of C-3PO and R2-D2, the inclusion of a Coin with every figure the same as POTF, the ultra-rare 2nd series Vlix only available by Glasslite, and the aborted other second series figures.

Nice picture from a book 8) I like the glasslite figures :D but the cardbacks on the canadian figures is not me :( I got an offer 13 years ago to buy a Vlix for 500 Euro. But I said no, today I would have said yes :roll:

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
retrotoyinfo said:

Nice picture from a book 8) I like the glasslite figures :D but the cardbacks on the canadian figures is not me :( I got an offer 13 years ago to buy a Vlix for 500 Euro. But I said no, today I would have said yes :roll:

The 'book' is the Kenner 1986 toy fair catalog. I think you were offered the same Vlix as me :lol: which I also turned down.

The Kenner Canada card fronts were rather curious. They were truly generic in that not even the name of the figure was printed. Like the Glasslite fronts, the Kenner Canada had Vlix on the front, even though he did not appear on the back of the card as an available figure. I have a couple of them

STAR-WARS-DROIDS-THALL-JOBEN-MOC-FRONT.png

Pomse2001

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
Pomse2001 said:
retrotoyinfo said:

The 'book' is the Kenner 1986 toy fair catalog. I think you were offered the same Vlix as me :lol: which I also turned down.

The Kenner Canada card fronts were rather curious. They were truly generic in that not even the name of the figure was printed. Like the Glasslite fronts, the Kenner Canada had Vlix on the front, even though he did not appear on the back of the card as an available figure. I have a couple of them

STAR-WARS-DROIDS-THALL-JOBEN-MOC-FRONT.png

Nice book you have 8) The guy who offered me his vlix 13 years ago was from germany, but I do not remember his name. I have not talked with him for many years, I think he was selling his collection in 2005 and I bought some figures from him but I thought 500 euro was a lot of money for one figure. I have learned a lot since 2005 :lol:

I have never understood why kenner canada used the same cardback for all the droids figures, they did the same with the ewoks :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom