SWTOTW, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2 8D8

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
That is correct you can't be 100% sure. But when you can find them on moc with a circle on only one leg then I see no problem in believe that the loose you get was sold like that in the 80s. I have found many of them in childhood lots and I don't think all the ones in childhood lots have changed legs on them with other kids 8d8 figures :wink:
I completely agree with you. And I am quite certain that some 8D8 figures definitely will have come with mixed legs. My original point was simply that because they could be swapped over, I personally am not worried about not owning all four leg combinations. I could simply buy another pair of 8D8 figures (one with circles and one without) and swap one of the legs over to make the other two variants, but that's taking variant collecting too far even for me! If the difference in the legs was more obvious, like it is with the tan and grey limbed Klaatus for example, then I might care more. However, since the difference in the 8D8 figures' legs is barely noticeable when viewing the figures from the front anyway, and since those legs can also be changed at will, I am happy to stick with my two 8D8 variants and not add the other two mixed legs versions. Plus, it takes up less shelf space ;-)

I agree with you, maybe it is more easy for me because I have found all mine in lots, the only 8D8 I have that is not from a lot is my lili ledy and I have the same problem with space :lol: but I can't stop collecting them :lol: So will you go for the lili ledy ? :D
Will I buy a Lili Ledy 8D8? To be honest, probably not. If the pictures on-line are accurate, the LL & Kenner versions are extremely similar in appearance, and my personal variant collecting goal is to get figures which are visually different from one another (and which I like! Some variants simply don't interest me); and the bigger the difference, the better! However, there's always been a fine line between deciding what constitutes enough of a difference to make a variant that falls into this category and what doesn't, and I won't claim to be entirely consistent about it either! I have some 'variants' that are really hard to tell apart, and for ages I also really wasn't that interested in certain variants that I do now either own or want! So I refuse to rule it out, but for now I have no plans to buy a Ledy 8D8! ;-)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
I completely agree with you. And I am quite certain that some 8D8 figures definitely will have come with mixed legs. My original point was simply that because they could be swapped over, I personally am not worried about not owning all four leg combinations. I could simply buy another pair of 8D8 figures (one with circles and one without) and swap one of the legs over to make the other two variants, but that's taking variant collecting too far even for me! If the difference in the legs was more obvious, like it is with the tan and grey limbed Klaatus for example, then I might care more. However, since the difference in the 8D8 figures' legs is barely noticeable when viewing the figures from the front anyway, and since those legs can also be changed at will, I am happy to stick with my two 8D8 variants and not add the other two mixed legs versions. Plus, it takes up less shelf space ;-)

I agree with you, maybe it is more easy for me because I have found all mine in lots, the only 8D8 I have that is not from a lot is my lili ledy and I have the same problem with space :lol: but I can't stop collecting them :lol: So will you go for the lili ledy ? :D
Will I buy a Lili Ledy 8D8? To be honest, probably not. If the pictures on-line are accurate, the LL & Kenner versions are extremely similar in appearance, and my personal variant collecting goal is to get figures which are visually different from one another (and which I like! Some variants simply don't interest me); and the bigger the difference, the better! However, there's always been a fine line between deciding what constitutes enough of a difference to make a variant that falls into this category and what doesn't, and I won't claim to be entirely consistent about it either! I have some 'variants' that are really hard to tell apart, and for ages I also really wasn't that interested in certain variants that I do now either own or want! So I refuse to rule it out, but for now I have no plans to buy a Ledy 8D8! ;-)

I totally understand, we all collect different :wink: The Lili Ledy torso is in white hard plastic, just like the pbp stormtrooper, the eyes is darker, the brown part on the chest is darker, there is also much better details on the back on the 8D8 lili ledy. I do not know if you knew that ? :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

I totally understand, we all collect different :wink: The Lili Ledy torso is in white hard plastic, just like the pbp stormtrooper, the eyes is darker, the brown part on the chest is darker, there is also much better details on the back on the 8D8 lili ledy. I do not know if you knew that ? :wink:
The back being more detailed doesn't really appeal to me, as I display my figures from the front (apart from the Lili Ledy Klaatu Skiff variants, of course). However If the paint is noticeably darker on the figure's front then I might be tempted :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

The back being more detailed doesn't really appeal to me, as I display my figures from the front (apart from the Lili Ledy Klaatu Skiff variants, of course). However If the paint is noticeably darker on the figure's front then I might be tempted :)

Here is a picture of the lili ledy to the right and a kenner to the left, even the details is better on the front :D

8d8_210.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Here is a picture of the lili ledy to the right and a kenner to the left, even the details is better on the front :D
Thanks. Looks like I might have to start looking for one then! :-D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

8d8_210.jpg
Thanks. Looks like I might have to start looking for one then! :-D

I am glad that I could help :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom