A few questions

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
So, I'm back. A few of the original members probably still remember me. And Me and Edd have mutual interest outside star wars. So hello old members and new members alike. :)

So I've been out of the game for a while and have a couple of questions to get me back upto speed.

1. Wtf is going on with vc jawa and dt Luke prices? They seem to be out of control. And why can't I find any loose ones for sale?

2. Are people still trusting graded figures since the whole Toy Tony incident?

3. Are there any new reproduction things on the market over the last couple of years I need to be aware of?

4. Would massively appreciate it if someone can give me an idiots guide to getting my photobucket pics back. Cheers. :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome back! Yes we have had a few chats on Facebook about music recently :) good to see you collecting again. I'll try and answer:

1) Prices on some things have gone crazy, those two in particular. There is no reason for it, both are still fairly common, just inflated prices I'm afraid. No signs of them going down. You will notice many items seem to be in shorter supply, mainly because people seem to think prices are spiralling so are reluctant to sell rare stuff.

2) Some people still love AFA but many people are wise to them now. There's a new grading company called CAS you should check out. I'm not into grading personally, but if I had to choose one it would be them.

3) Yes sadly repro weapons have got a **** load better recently, it's more of a minefield than ever. The TIG guide is still considered the best.

4) Photobucket is screwed now I'm afraid. You'll need to find something else or attach photos to the forum.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
TWOFOOT said:
So, I'm back. A few of the original members probably still remember me. And Me and Edd have mutual interest outside star wars. So hello old members and new members alike. :)

So I've been out of the game for a while and have a couple of questions to get me back upto speed.

1. Wtf is going on with vc jawa and dt Luke prices? They seem to be out of control. And why can't I find any loose ones for sale?

2. Are people still trusting graded figures since the whole Toy Tony incident?

3. Are there any new reproduction things on the market over the last couple of years I need to be aware of?

4. Would massively appreciate it if someone can give me an idiots guide to getting my photobucket pics back. Cheers. :)

Hey there, welcome back!

1. And all of vintage in general. A minty loose leia with cape and weapon is £130 nowadays

2. Less so. And the subgrades as well.

3. Orme is knocking out all manner of boxes and displays. Repro weapons float now. Some more figures now beyond poontroopers.

4. If you just want to view what you have, the chrome plugin is easiest:-

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embedded-imag/ogipgokcopooepeipngiikdkpmcpkaon

cheers Jason

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Cheers edd. :) Gonna take a while to sort my photobucket stuff out. But I'll get there. Lol.

Wish I'd of kept hold of some of my rare figures now. Don't think I'll ever have the collection I used to. :( But I gave all my beaters to my son and it's a joy to see him playing with them. Which is what has sparked my interest again. :)

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
If you just want to view what you have, the chrome plugin is easiest:-

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embedded-imag/ogipgokcopooepeipngiikdkpmcpkaon

cheers Jason

Cheers. Much appreciated. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Welcome back to the forum :D

1. Try evil bay, there is some every month there for sale :wink: Many prices is out of control :(

2. I do not know anything about graded stuff, sorry I do not collect graded items.

3. Yes, there is to many, tonnes of new repro stuff and some of them is very hard to ID :( I think it is sad :(

4. if you use google chrome read this link and install 1 or 2 programs to fix the pictures. I installed 2 programs before it worked.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34778

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
A few, Edd, Jason, Spoons and myself are still here.
Gary and few others still pop on from time to time but don't seem to post much. I think Jabba and Bollux still check in from time to time but they rarely post.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
What I find with Star Wars in general a lot of people think cause its SW it must be worth a fortune see common beat up figures for £6 - £8 complete rip off, there is a guy who goes to our local one famous for that. A-Hole

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom