Help with falcons ?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Post Reply
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13111
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Help with falcons ?

Post by Pomse2001 »

Hi guys I have this 2 falcons and I do not know if I should split them up and sell them or sell them as a lot, sell the parts or try to trade the spare parts for the parts I am missing to get a complete one that I can sell :? I have an offer for £60 for it all and I do not know if I should take it. What would you do ?

I do not need them because I all ready have some complete ones in my collection.

Is £60 a good offer ? :?
P1160448.JPG
P1160448.JPG (88.67 KiB) Viewed 337 times

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Help with falcons ?

Post by Snaketibe »

It's entirely up to you of course. Selling the parts individually should make you more than £60 at current prices, but then again it's a lot more hassle for you dealing with multiple sales compared to just one. An offer of £60 isn't outrageously low, but nevertheless it probably is a bit too low for the job lot, so if you want to shift them in one go, you could ask the potential buyer to up their bid a bit.

Good luck! :-)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13111
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Help with falcons ?

Post by Pomse2001 »

Snaketibe wrote:It's entirely up to you of course. Selling the parts individually should make you more than £60 at current prices, but then again it's a lot more hassle for you dealing with multiple sales compared to just one. An offer of £60 isn't outrageously low, but nevertheless it probably is a bit too low for the job lot, so if you want to shift them in one go, you could ask the potential buyer to up their bid a bit.

Good luck! :-)
Thanks, he will not pay more than the £60 and he want free mail :?

I do not miss so many parts for a complete one, I only miss

COCKPIT LID HATCH
Jedi training ball and arm
1 rear leg
boarding ramp because something is broken on the one I have

so it is only 4 parts, maybe I should try to trade for this parts :?

User avatar
TrooperWill
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:13 am

Re: Help with falcons ?

Post by TrooperWill »

i would try trading them on facebook/forums, I do a fair bit of trading as its more fun for me than just typing my card number into ebay continually . If not, the money you make selling the spares should cover the parts you need, the only really pricey part is the training ball.
I prefer trading items to buying them, have a loose run, about half the ships/vehicles and all the mini-rigs, spent under £200 and have had a blast doing so. This hobby doesn't have to be about spending a mortgage deposit every month on one item

Mrleemur
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Help with falcons ?

Post by Mrleemur »

Ironically, I think the only part I have left is the training ball and arm.

it's from my childhood falcon though, so unless you want to pay millions, don't go making any offers!! :lol:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13111
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Help with falcons ?

Post by Pomse2001 »

TrooperWill wrote:i would try trading them on facebook/forums, I do a fair bit of trading as its more fun for me than just typing my card number into ebay continually . If not, the money you make selling the spares should cover the parts you need, the only really pricey part is the training ball.
thanks, I will think about it :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13111
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Help with falcons ?

Post by Pomse2001 »

Mrleemur wrote:Ironically, I think the only part I have left is the training ball and arm.

it's from my childhood falcon though, so unless you want to pay millions, don't go making any offers!! :lol:
:lol: what did you do to the rest of the falcon ? :shock:

Mrleemur
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Help with falcons ?

Post by Mrleemur »

Pomse2001 wrote:
Mrleemur wrote:Ironically, I think the only part I have left is the training ball and arm.

it's from my childhood falcon though, so unless you want to pay millions, don't go making any offers!! :lol:
:lol: what did you do to the rest of the falcon ? :shock:
Pretty sure all our vehicles got donated somewhere :(

Still have the figures and minirigs though! :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13111
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Help with falcons ?

Post by Pomse2001 »

Mrleemur wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Mrleemur wrote:Ironically, I think the only part I have left is the training ball and arm.

it's from my childhood falcon though, so unless you want to pay millions, don't go making any offers!! :lol:
:lol: what did you do to the rest of the falcon ? :shock:
Pretty sure all our vehicles got donated somewhere :(

Still have the figures and minirigs though! :D
sorry to read all your vehicles got donated :shock: But I am glad to read that you still have the minirigs and figures :wink:

Post Reply