SWTOTW, Week 20, 2018, Part 1/2 Lando Calrissian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Some collectors don't care about variants. Fair enough, I say. Of those that do care, a lot of people seem to think there are only two variants of Lando; with teeth and without teeth. However, there are variations in his head and body sculpts, in addition to the more obvious paint differences. The head can be narrow or wide, and the body sculpts are most easily distinguished from one another by the belt buckles, which come in at least three different styles. Whilst I don't think that all possible head, belt and teeth combinations exist as variations, a lot of them certainly do, and I've tried to track down as many of them as I can find.

After starting in the early nineties with the plain old, 'teeth' and 'no teeth' versions (and in blissful ignorance of belt buckle differences!):

Heads, Teeth & Belts - 01.jpg
I have since moved on to fill in a few of the variant gaps with a further 9 figures:

Heads, Teeth & Belts - 02.jpg

Heads, Teeth & Belts - 03.jpg
and here's a group shot of the 9 Lando's above:

Heads, Teeth & Belts - 04.jpg
To see the belt buckle differences more clearly, here are some close-ups:

Narrow with no vertical line:

Narrow with no vertical line - 01.jpg
Narrow with vertical line:

Narrow with vertical line - 01.jpg
Wide with vertical line:

Wide with vertical line - 01.jpg

I love variants, awesome collection. about the belts, do they have the same coo or can one type of belt only be found on one special coo variant ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Awesome info Jeremy. Thanks for sharing, especially the closeup buckle detailing. I just collect the major Kenner variants at the moment so don't have all the thin and fat heads, fastened, unfastened and no buckle trousers round the ankles variants :lol: though I do also have a PBP variant (on the right).

looking great, I love the pbp lando it looks so cool :D I have not seen this rare lando figures before that can use the force to stand on the head without using the arms :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
poncho said:
its currently in storage but heres my lando paint app error which i got from ebay usa 2 years ago
lando110.jpg

cool production error :shock: what is going on with the blaster ? it looks like there is a hole in the cape for it ? :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Awesome info Jeremy. Thanks for sharing, especially the closeup buckle detailing. I just collect the major Kenner variants at the moment so don't have all the thin and fat heads, fastened, unfastened and no buckle trousers round the ankles variants :lol: though I do also have a PBP variant (on the right).
Is that our right, or Australia's? ;-)

:lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Oracle said:
There are some great examples and variants of Lando. Interesting to see the buckles variation.

Here's my childhood Lando, back in his original Trilogo card.

fantastic card, I love tri-logo. Cool that you still have items like that from your childhood 8) is it still sealed ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Pomse2001 said:
lejackal said:
Little oddball item, Icarus placemat

Nice placemat, I have never seen this before, is it vintage ? :shock:
Yes, here is the SWCA page for them

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_items_by&items_by=licensee&id=45

wow thanks for the link are they rare ? it looks like there is not pictures of them all on the link ? :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here are my lando moc, sorry that I can't share my cardbacks and figures yet. I will take some pictures of them as soon as the constuctors are done in my home.

01.jpg

02.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
lejackal said:
Pomse2001 said:
Nice placemat, I have never seen this before, is it vintage ? :shock:

wow thanks for the link are they rare ? it looks like there is not pictures of them all on the link ? :?
Some are tricky to find like the Ewoks one, you do see them a few times a year on eBay though. I've got 6 of the large ones for sale in the FS section (shameless plug :lol: )

Oracle

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Oracle said:
There are some great examples and variants of Lando. Interesting to see the buckles variation.

fantastic card, I love tri-logo. Cool that you still have items like that from your childhood 8) is it still sealed ?

Still sealed on 2 edges. Figure has been loose and played with but is mint.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Pomse2001 said:
lejackal said:

Some are tricky to find like the Ewoks one, you do see them a few times a year on eBay though. I've got 6 of the large ones for sale in the FS section (shameless plug :lol: )

thanks for the info, I did not know that :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Oracle said:
Pomse2001 said:
Oracle said:

Is it the original figure from the card ? if yes I can take a picture of the coo for me ? :D

Oracle

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Oracle said:
Pomse2001 said:

Is it the original figure from the card ? if yes I can take a picture of the coo for me ? :D

Whoops, now the bubble is attached top edge only :(

Yes, it's the original figure from the card. Blaster may have been mixed with other similar original blasters in my collection.

Here's a pic of his legs, only markings are (c) 1980 L.F.L.
What were you hoping to see?

Attachments

• 20180520_150845dl.jpg
    20180520_150845dl.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,153

Oracle

Padawan
In the teeth/ no teeth variants the whites of the eyes are also painted / unpainted. It seems that the 'no teeth' variant is actually "no white paint".

Are there any examples where the eyes are white but the teeth are unpainted or vice versa?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Oracle said:
In the teeth/ no teeth variants the whites of the eyes are also painted / unpainted. It seems that the 'no teeth' variant is actually "no white paint".

Are there any examples where the eyes are white but the teeth are unpainted or vice versa?
Possibly, but I've never seen one.

To be fair, people talk about 'teeth' and 'no teeth' Lando only because that's the most obvious white paint app, but yes, you are correct in that the eyes are also painted when the teeth are, and not when they're not.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Oracle said:
Pomse2001 said:
Oracle said:

Yes, it's the original figure from the card. Blaster may have been mixed with other similar original blasters in my collection.

I can't see any picture :? I had hoped to see what variant of coo there is on the figure :D There is so many different coo and no coo :D

Can you try to add the picture again ? :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Oracle said:

I have never seen one, but maybe there is some out there :?

Oracle

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Oracle said:
Pomse2001 said:

I can't see any picture :? I had hoped to see what variant of coo there is on the figure :D There is so many different coo and no coo :D

Photo's up again.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Oracle said:
Pomse2001 said:
Oracle said:

Photo's up again.

thanks for the help, I can see it is the one without a scar :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom