So what did you think about Solo: A Star Wars Story ??? *NO* SPOILERS

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thought I'd better start another reactions thread without spoilers ;)

Seeing it at 5:45pm- will post in both reaction threads afterwards 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Only seen two reviews of it so far and both have said 2 out of 5 stars and that it's pretty poor.
I only scanned over the reviews but one said it was just a case of running out of ideas.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I think the midnight screening has had its day.

I haven't read any reviews yet, but looking at my Facebook feed this morning, I haven't come across one person who hasn't really enjoyed it yet.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm going at 7.45, really looking forward to it after reading a small spoiler, actually glad I did read it. Weasel you have to go and see it so we can all read your review, which was priceless for The Last Jedi! :lol:

After TFA I said I would never do the midnight showing again, for a start it doesn't even start at midnight because you have to sit through 50 minutes of trailers. For the last Jedi I wouldn't have got home until about 4am! Young mans game that is.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I would say the odds are I won't bother with this one, and not even sure I'll bother with episode 9. That last THING has just sapped my desire to see any new SW films. If THAT was the best they could come up with, I'll just hand someone a tenner and ask them to smack me in the face a few times. I'd be more enjoyable and a more productive way to spend my money.

Bizarrely though, I am keen to know what you guys think of it. Without having the plot spoilt just in case I change my mind

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It's pointless me telling you what I think of it. It's going to have to be really bad for me to not like it. I'm just hoping it's more like Rogue 1, but I don't think the story will be as strong or as meaningful. That's really why I love Rogue 1.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I am going saturday and cant wait. Due to work thats the earliest i can get there.

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
I've only just got in and getting into the bath.
Ten of us going to the Indian at 7 before the 9.20 showing on the 4DX screen in sunny Sheffield.
Will post ny spoiler free review late on.

God i so wish i hadn't read the other spolier review this morning.

Still, can't wait..........

I love their pickle tray you see :wink:

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Well, there is a lot I think about "Solo: A Shitty Story". But it seems that I've entered the Desperado desperate gang, against better hope believe that this Disney crap can get any better. And there's the good news: It will get worser by time and soon no one will care about this **** because Disney has ruined the magic from the beginning. Bottoms up guys... enjoy the crap :lol: :lol: :lol:

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Was a great watch ...not as good as Rogue ....but close.

Lools like the magic is in the 'Story' films rather than the main series......I'd be happy if Disney/Lucasfilm just continued with the standalone stuff after Episode IX

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Loved it! Really fun. Fantastic creature design, sets, costumes, nods to comics, Clone Wars, R1 and the OT.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Mr. Tie said:
Well, there is a lot I think about "Solo: A Shitty Story". But it seems that I've entered the Desperado desperate gang, against better hope believe that this Disney crap can get any better. And there's the good news: It will get worser by time and soon no one will care about this **** because Disney has ruined the magic from the beginning. Bottoms up guys... enjoy the crap :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's not have another thread hijacked by your dislike of the films under Disney. We may have broadly similar opinions of the last film but that doesn't mean I'm gonna let you hijack the thread. You don't like what Disney have done to SW, we get that. Let's leave it at that and move along.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thought it was brilliant as well, a phew bits you could pick holes in. But really what more do you want from a 21rst century Star Wars film. Really think they have done a great job of telling Han's Back story in 2 hours or so. If you liked Rogue 1 the chances are you will like this film.

So where do you rate the 9 Star Wars films now?! :lol:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
A great question

Changes all the time, but as of now:

01: Empire Strikes Back
02: Star Wars:
03: Return of the Jedi
04: Solo
05: Rogue One
06: The Last Jedi
07: The Force Awakens
08: The Phantom Menace
09: Revenge of the Sith
10: Attack of the Clones

Holy ****- there are 10 Star Wars feature films!

How about you?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Jesus, yeah 10! I've lost count, amazing. :shock:

1) ANH
2) ESB
3) ROTS
4) ROTJ
5) Solo
6) R1
7) TFA
8) TLJ
9) TPM
10) AOTC

Solo could move into the top 3 or 4. That's some marathon to watch them all in a row now.

yoda

Sith Lord
I really enjoyed it I'm just out from watching it. I definitely be watching this again before I decide the rating. But at the moment it's up along with R1 and the originals for me now I think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom