SWTOTW, Week 23, 2018, Part 1/2 Lumat

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Yak Face was available on a POTF card in Canada, which means the cards are bi-lingual (French and English), but otherwise look much the same as the US POTF cards.

Anakin was a mail-away figure in America, so perhaps Kenner didn't release him on a POTF card immediately for that reason. Plus I imagine he was also not an especially popular character. It seems the production of the figure on a POTF cardback was probably a very small run, I guess for the preceding reasons. All of which makes him a very rare figure indeed to find today. He seems to be much, much harder to get than a Canadian POTF Yak Face, at any rate, and they're tough enough to get (and extremely expensive!).

thanks for the info :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Yak Face was available on a POTF card in Canada, which means the cards are bi-lingual (French and English), but otherwise look much the same as the US POTF cards.

Anakin was a mail-away figure in America, so perhaps Kenner didn't release him on a POTF card immediately for that reason. Plus I imagine he was also not an especially popular character. It seems the production of the figure on a POTF cardback was probably a very small run, I guess for the preceding reasons. All of which makes him a very rare figure indeed to find today. He seems to be much, much harder to get than a Canadian POTF Yak Face, at any rate, and they're tough enough to get (and extremely expensive!).

I did not know that there is a Canadian potf cardback variant :shock: is it only yak face or are there canadian potf cardbacks for all last 17 figures ? :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:

Thanks for answering that one, I was just about to respond. :p
I thought that the POTF Yak was also available in Australia, didn't they get Canadian over stock?
I think that your reasoning for Anakin being rare as it was an early mail away, so would have been a later release in the line, is a very plausible.
Yes you're quite correct, the Canadian POTF Yak Face was indeed also available in Australia, and also apparently in parts of Asia, I believe, although I've no idea to what extent.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

I did not know that there is a Canadian potf cardback variant :shock: is it only yak face or are there canadian potf cardbacks for all last 17 figures ? :?
Good question. I didn't know the answer, so I did a little digging and according to http://www.kennercanada.com/ Yak Face was the only POTF figure released in Canadian packaging. So presumably Canada did get the other POTF figures, but in the regular US packaging.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Good question. I didn't know the answer, so I did a little digging and according to http://www.kennercanada.com/ Yak Face was the only POTF figure released in Canadian packaging. So presumably Canada did get the other POTF figures, but in the regular US packaging.

Thanks for the great info, looks like I always learn something new on this forum :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks for the great info, looks like I always learn something new on this forum :D
You're welcome. And also, since you were not familiar with it, I meant to post a pic of a POTF Yak, so here it is (sadly this one is not mine!):

Yakkety - 01.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I suspect that when you do a post for POTF Yak that will be a very quiet thread!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

You're welcome. And also, since you were not familiar with it, I meant to post a pic of a POTF Yak, so here it is (sadly this one is not mine!):

Yakkety - 01.jpg

thanks mate for the picture :D sorry that it is not yours :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
I suspect that when you do a post for POTF Yak that will be a very quiet thread!

Maybe I guess maybe many have a loose yak, but not many have him moc :? but then again some of the old threads have also been very quiet and is still missing their first picture. I will try to make some kind of bump in them so people do not forget the ones that need pictures :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
s1d0w said:
Loose and cardback

Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 18.38.10.png
Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 18.38.25.png

Amazing that you can find such beautifull cardbacks with cut bubbles, also thanks for sharing another mint figure 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I've long known about a paint variant on Lumat's quiver, where either just the arrow heads, or both the heads and the shafts are painted. It's not the most exciting variant in the world, and it wasn't especially high on my target list of figures to acquire as a consequence, however I recently bit the bullet and bought one. It arrived today, and to my delight I realised that the hood and quiver were also a noticeably different shade of grey to the one which has been sitting in my main collection for years. And that got me thinking, because I have a few doubles of some figures that have been in storage for quite some time, and they went into storage before I became quite so interested in variants. And so I dug it out today, knowing that the quiver paint was the same as on my main collection figure, but curious to know if anything else was different about it, and... bingo! It had a third shade of grey on its hood!

I'm not sure if any of these differences is down to discolouration. I do know that the Lumats with the painted arrow shafts are generally more prone to having their torsos yellow, so I suppose it's perfectly possible that the hoods might discolour as well, even though they are a very different kind of plastic, so I will post a question in the main Vintage Collecting Chat section to see if any members can definitively answer the question.

However, in the meantime here are my now THREE Lumat variants :-D. It's not just the hoods and quivers that differ, you will notice that the nose and lip paint also varies from light grey to mid grey to a darker blue grey:

Bow & Arrah 02.jpg

Bow & Arrah 03.jpg

Bow & Arrah 04.jpg

Bow & Arrah 05.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom