such a waste....

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
£560.00.
Anyone surprised?
I thought it would have gone for more, possibly ended at the wrong time of day?
Looks like even my guess was on the high side! I think any auction ending over a weekend (providing it's not at a ridiculous hour of day) should ensure the maximum chance of interested parties bidding, so I wouldn't have thought this one ending at 11:14 am on a Sunday would adversely affect the final sale price, but I could of course be wrong!

I think in this case specifically, the bubble was cracked and damaged, and the card was signed, and some collectors don't want either of those things, so that automatically reduces the number of potential bidders. Against that of course, you have an opportunity for someone to get a carded Yak Face 'on the cheap' (even at £560!), so that may have encouraged some bidders to join in who might not have done so otherwise, although obviously if they're trying to get it relatively cheaply, they shouldn't be responsible for a high final bid.

Regardless, I hope whoever won this enjoys it :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Reverse of the yak is this one

When I joined this forum wet behind the ears ( still am!) my lad had just bought a couple of repro cardbacks, which have gone by the wayside now :) other than this one.

JB signed to my lad at a SW Fun day at Burnley football club. I know it's a reproduction card but I def will keep this as it's a way of displaying an auto without defacing a vintage card

NB..Disclaimer prior to getting roasted!! .card clearly states it is reproduction on the reverse

Attachments

• IMG_3091.JPG
    IMG_3091.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 2,336

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
Mini99 said:
£560.00.
Anyone surprised?
I thought it would have gone for more, possibly ended at the wrong time of day?

Maybe something to do with fathers day?, not as many people will be around at their computers today compared to usual.

That's some bad timing right there I reckon! :shock:

Looks like even my guess was on the high side! I think any auction ending over a weekend (providing it's not at a ridiculous hour of day) should ensure the maximum chance of interested parties bidding, so I wouldn't have thought this one ending at 11:14 am on a Sunday would adversely affect the final sale price, but I could of course be wrong!

It being Fathers day and more so the auction ending mid morning seemed poor timing to me.
I think it would have been better to finish this one late evening?
Oh well I think that someone got it at a fair price and I hope they are very happy with this addition to their collection, if indeed they are a collector!

DarthDooDoo

Padawan
I've met Sean a few times, he works as a handyman in my little patch of West London.

I'm sure he'd be gutted to know that his autograph actually decreased the value of the card!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom