Star Wars Fatigue

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
db94 said:
Pulsar said:
but IMO they're not true SW fans, only OT fans.

Statements like this just cause problems in the community and result in stupid comments from both sides -

How in the **** can not liking the latest batch of SW films mean you're not a "true" fan?
You can be a SW fan if you only enjoy the comics, or books, or cartoons or toys you don't have to enjoy everything to be classed as a true fan?

So if you love everything produced do date but don't enjoy the next standalone film do you immediately loose your "true fan" status :roll:

I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, so if in 10 years some other guys take over the band name with maybe 1 original member contributing - they produce a different style of music that I don't like am I no longer a true fan - previously bought all their albums, went to see them live on many occasions but all that means nothing?

I swear, **** like this is the reason I limit my time on forums and fb - I've said from word go I'm happy for anyone that enjoys the new stuff but so many idiots just desperate to claim you're not a real fan unless you love everything. You said it yourself - each to their own so don't presume someone else's level of fandom just because it doesn't line up with yours

So far you've said fans not going to see films because they dislike Kathleen Kennedy does your nut in
Not seeing Solo because you disliked TLJ makes you a mug
Not liking everything means you're not a true fan

I have a major issue with how these films are being produced - putting a feminist agenda before plot and character development is pathetic so won't be supporting Disney (they are a business) just like I wouldn't eat at a restaurant if I had an issue with how they sourced their ingredients regardless of how good the food tasted.

Have an oppinion on the film but DONT have an oppinion on other peoples decision to choose to not see a film and for **** sake don't try and label them.

"each to their own" but I think you are a mug, you do my nut in and you're not a true fan :roll: :roll: :roll:

First off, rein in the language!
Secondly, lol

I did infact read your post twice (i suggest you re-read mine) because i couldn't quite understand your anger at a single person's opinion and thats all it was, whether I'm right or wrong I'm still entitled to it.

Now if you insist on continuing with public outrage because i touched a nerve then I'd prefer to take this to private message, if only to find out your real age.
I am genuinely curious.

Now I'm not on it nor would i have time for it but i suggest you stay away from facebook if this is how you react because let me tell you there are far worse 'idiots' out there than you or i.

Yours sincerely
Real SW fan
:p

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Michael Sith said:
You don't lose your true fan status because someone says your not a true fan, you know your a fan and that's all that matters.
Other people's opinions of me in truth are not important to me, I have my own principles, self esteem and values. Try to live a life that does not impact anyone else through greed, avarice, jealousy etc etc, happy in my skin, married to a better person than me ( punching way above my weight there) have a great family.
If someone is not of the same opinion as me I listen to their point of view, and sometimes learn something from their perspective ( which may be positive or negative) but don't let it get me down in any way, as I said before, if we were all the same we would be in a field saying "Baaaaaa"

So if you like the new SW stuff great, if you don't, great, let's all get on and find common ground we do have and build from there :D

That is such a great post Michael, so much so I'm kinda feeling a little guilty about my opinion.
I'm glad you accept that's all it is :)
MTFBWY

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pulsar said:
single person's opinion and thats all it was, whether I'm right or wrong I'm still entitled to it.

You are entitled to it BUT respect other peoples opinions - as I've said on numerous occasions I'm happy for anyone that enjoys the new films

If you post that you like them, that's having an opinion, if you then go on to mouth off about people that don't, well that's being a dick and you'll be told to **** off

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom