SWTOTW, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2 Tie Fighter

spoons

Grand Master
some lovely TIEs chaps, mine is another story of bought, sold, missed, and bought back again

A Palitoy TIE - identical to Kenner but with Palitoy stickers. The sticker on the other side has long since disappeared

Palitoy_TIE_7.jpg

Palitoy_TIE_9.jpg

Palitoy_TIE_11.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
some lovely TIEs chaps, mine is another story of bought, sold, missed, and bought back again

A Palitoy TIE - identical to Kenner but with Palitoy stickers. The sticker on the other side has long since disappeared
Great to see a Palitoy stickered example being posted, Andy, especially with the Palitoy instructions as well! Excellent stuff! :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:

Wow andy, this is the first time I see and read about a palitoy white tie fighter as far as I can remember :shock: It looks really cool with that palitoy logo on the box and the instruction 8)

Fantastic story, great that you got it back :wink:

and thanks for sharing the pictures :D

spoons

Grand Master
Thanks Lars, and a quick question - why are the figures ages 4 and up, but the TIE is ages 5 and up?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Thanks Lars, and a quick question - why are the figures ages 4 and up, but the TIE is ages 5 and up?

Good question, I have never noticed it before that it says 4 on moc and 5 on vehicles :shock: even as I have been looking at hundreds of moc and boxes :oops: Could it be because of batteries in the tie fighter or because it is electric ? I would say some of the guns on the figures are to small for a 4 year old kid. I think about the Endor blaster and the the cloud car pilot comlink :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Could be electrics - but the land speeder is also 5 and up

Maybe, but now I have just checked a few other boxes. Imperial Troop Transporter age 4 :? and Cantina Adventure Set age 4 :lol:
Land of the Jawas is also 4 :lol:

But many others are age 5 :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sometimes I do not know where my brain are :oops: I totally forgot to share pictures of my Glasslite Tie fighter in this thread :roll:

I do not remember how long I have had it but I am sure about that I bought it from a guy in brazil between 2001 and 2005. I learned about this glasslite vehicle in the early 00 and then I said to myself, now I must have such a cool Tie Fighter, I really love the metallic grey color on this Tie Fighter. I do not know if the sticker in the cockpit is glasslite put there from the factory or just from the last owner :? There is no instruction with that sticker and no empty sheet for the sticker :? Also no. 1 is missing on the instruction and on the full sticker sheet :?

P1160753.JPG

P1160754.JPG

P1160758.JPG

P1160756.JPG

P1160755.JPG

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Sometimes I do not know where my brain are :oops: I totally forgot to share pictures of my Glasslite Tie fighter in this thread :roll:

I do not remember how long I have had it but I am sure about that I bought it from a guy in brazil between 2001 and 2005. I learned about this glasslite vehicle in the early 00 and then I said to myself, now I must have such a cool Tie Fighter, I really love the metallic grey color on this Tie Fighter. I do not know if the sticker in the cockpit is glasslite put there from the factory or just from the last owner :? There is no instruction with that sticker and no empty sheet for the sticker :? Also no. 1 is missing on the instruction and on the full sticker sheet :?
That's fabulous, Lars! You don't see many Glasslite items generally, so it's great to see one in the Toy of the Week threads :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

That's fabulous, Lars! You don't see many Glasslite items generally, so it's great to see one in the Toy of the Week threads :)

Thanks for the very kind words as always :D I agree, we do not see many glasslite items generally.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
That's a bit special Lars!

Thanks andy for the kind words as always :wink: I have just checked ebay and found a Tie that is mint in box with the same sticker in the cockpit. I am beginning to think that the sticker was put in the cockpit from the factory. I am not sure, but I think it is the only vehicle I know where the factory could have added a sticker on a vehicle :shock: https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/232817568805?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Ditto Lars, nice to see Glasslite items.
And in great condition, nice.

Yes it is in great condition :D thanks for the kind words, I am happy that you like the pictures :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
Lars that Glasslight Tie is fabulous. Thanks so much for posting it. :mrgreen:

Your Welcome, I am very happy that you like the pictures. Thanks for the kind words :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom