The LEGO Corner

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
The new Solo sets have been posted on a few FB sites.
The train and the hauler look really great, although the train will need a few more carriages in my opinion.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Latest Lego Ideas set looks to be a good one :D

http://news.toyark.com/2018/06/28/lego-ideas-voltron-officially-revealed-304106

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Latest Lego Ideas set looks to be a good one :D

http://news.toyark.com/2018/06/28/lego-ideas-voltron-officially-revealed-304106

Ian

That looks pretty wicked. :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
That looks amazing, suspect it will be expensive though?

It's £160 over here and $170 in the US, we really do get shafted here on things like this although I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for it come Augusts 1st.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:
Mini99 said:
That looks amazing, suspect it will be expensive though?

It's £160 over here and $170 in the US, we really do get shafted here on things like this although I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for it come Augusts 1st.

Ian
Thanks, I expected it to be more!
Definitely another one on my wants list.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Hi fellas, quick update, sorry for the huge delay but i am still aiming to get photos up of the lego sets i plan to put up for sale i've just been that busy with work, the kids, digging them out, holidays, football, health the list is endless!

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
3 of 2 on Lego sets at Argos. Lots of new stuff in offer. I grabbed some Han Solo sets and the RC bat mobile. - not that I need any of them :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Out October 1st or available for VIP members September 13th, £299.99.
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018...-in-the-star-wars-master-builder-series-news/
Looks great!

It kind of reminds me of the Palitoy Deathstar. Looks nice although it does feel a bit like the original set and the freezing chamber set have been mixed together to create this with a few added ships. As I have the original set and the other bits I mentioned above I'm not sure that I'll go for it but I can see kids enjoying this one as a play set.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:
Mini99 said:
Out October 1st or available for VIP members September 13th, £299.99.
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018...-in-the-star-wars-master-builder-series-news/
Looks great!

It kind of reminds me of the Palitoy Deathstar. Looks nice although it does feel a bit like the original set and the freezing chamber set have been mixed together to create this with a few added ships. As I have the original set and the other bits I mentioned above I'm not sure that I'll go for it but I can see kids enjoying this one as a play set.

Ian
It's funny you should say that, this set is a bit of a conundrum...
It's not a UCS set its more of a play set as you say, but as play sets are aimed at kids what kid can afford £300?
It's priced as a UCS, but I'm not sure adults will go for it because it's not a UCS set?
It seems a mix of sets that have been released, put in one box with lots of mini figures and a couple of ships.
Not sure who this is meant to appeal to, I like it but between this a the Death Star I think the Death Star wins.
Then again who am I to say what people will buy, the Hogworts Castle flew off the shelves!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Quick picture my son took of my latest Lego purchase. Love this set and my boy had a lot of fun building it (it's for the whole family you know!). :D

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,760

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:
Love this set and my boy had a lot of fun building it (it's for the whole family you know!). :D

Ian
Yes of course it is! :lol:
Looks very impressive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom