Show of your truly rare items

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
SublevelStudios said:
Cracking piece Paul, I remember seeing the one Jordan Hemborough had at the NEC about 5 years ago, he got it off Metropolis Toys and was in an episode of TOYHUNTER. He wanted £2.5 for it though!!! That had 6 Million $ Man and Superman on it I think along with the SW sticker.

I also saw 2 SW stickers in someone elses collection some years back.

I'd also say your ESB Dairylea POS is extremely rare too Paul, never seen another one and certainly not for sale. In fact I can think of several items you've got where I've yet to see another!

Ah Mark that was the other one i was referring to, no idea where i got Spiderman from lol.
I actually threw a few e-mails back and forth with Jordan about 3 years ago and he asked me for 2 grand so looks like he was offering me a little discount :p
Maybe it's more that he'd had it for two years at that point and wanted to move it on?
Does he still have it?

I had an offer of £500 for my letraset board a while back but decided to keep it.
Did i ever show you my proto Yoghurt pot?

I still drool at that toy fair pic of yours with the Palitoy masks POS box :shock: 8)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I believe this to be rare
I had this on a thread a few years age and not found anyone else yet with one . A bounty hunter leaflet with no red in it. Opinion was a few years ago that it was part of a run where they left the red out, maybe an error or cost cutting. Its original as it came out of an Empire, sealed Boba Fett slave one that I picked up from a market shop in the early 90's. I like it , its a bit different for all the variant collectors , not sure if it falls under a variant area thou but fun :)
Thought at first it may have been a photo copy (cost cutting at Pailtoy) but it was not on closer inspection, notice how the red shading is not present at the top of the letters on a photo copy it would still be shaded :?: .
Did ask at the time but anyone else have one like this as the run must have been quite large at the time before the error was spotted at the printers.

Attachments

• DSCF0527.JPG
    DSCF0527.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 831
  • DSCF0528.JPG
    DSCF0528.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 826

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Some very nice items. Mine is not super rare, quite hard to get though, got it for my 40th last year, complete with leaflets, not with baggie though

Attachments

• C2F170BE-5C77-47DE-AA6D-293110594C04.jpeg
    C2F170BE-5C77-47DE-AA6D-293110594C04.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 816

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Rare or not, they are certainly far from common, always nice to see some Fett items guys 8)

SublevelStudios said:
What
Letraset board is that mate? Pic?

I did see that yoghurt pot, and that Clarks display! Bloody amazing 8) 8) 8)

Oh Mark, i meant Dairylea, chuff knows why i put Letraset :?

I wish

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Pulsar said:
Ok, let's try for something rare then.
Only ever seen one other and that was was with a Superman/Spiderman combo.

This is better IMO as has the pricelist from back in the day.

Strawberry FUNNY FEET! :p

Screenshot_20180813-144526.png

This is just awesome 8)

Oracle

Padawan
I really like the plastic bag, that's a great piece.
Also, the black and white Capture Log print without the red seems unique. I do like paperwork!
and as for the Lyons Maid sign - that's a fabulous item to own.

I have posted my Palitoy and Kenner letters before on another thread and believe that they are rare as I have not seen any other examples.
Here they are again... would like to know if these are actually commonplace or not, and no idea if they have a value.

Attachments

• DSCF2733.JPG
    DSCF2733.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 790
  • DSCF2734.JPG
    DSCF2734.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 790

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
Oracle said:
Also, the black and white Capture Log print without the red seems unique. I do like paperwork!

I have posted my Palitoy and Kenner letters before on another thread and believe that they are rare as I have not seen any other examples.
Here they are again... would like to know if these are actually commonplace or not, and no idea if they have a value.

I really like these! cool piece :).

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Oracle said:

Great paperwork!
Oh they certainly have value 8)

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
There are some fantastic items here.

That Lyons Maid ice-cream pricelist is a rare old beast. I think Simon Mcowan acquired one of those a year or two ago if memory serves me correct.

Cardbackkid

Laurence you definitely have some real history there ! :eek: ... do you ever plan on opening the champagne ?

Lol, open it, no never. That champagne actually belongs to my 10 year old daughter. If she is asked who owns the bottle, she says me and then my dads simply looking after it until he passes.
It was the actual bottle given to the architect of the warehouse - my granddad. He was not a drinker hence why it remained unopened for the past 43 years and how I have it today.

subzero

Palitoy champagne??, iv'e got some trilogo Stella if you wanna do a swap? :lol:

She don't drink Stella bud. She may consider a Krushems though.

Darkest_Logic

very nice Amanaman laurencedyer :).

Thanks, I will pop a couple more Amanaman pieces up.

lejackal

I have a sealed West End Games Assault on Hoth game which is easy to find open but sealed was pretty tough, although that is probably far from a true rarity :lol:

What you waiting for Carl!!

Get it up then bud.

Plastikheld

The Amanaman MOC is amazing ... .
The Palitoy items are priceless. Pure Vintage-collecting history.

Here's my rare item I want to share.
It's a negative of the AT-ST, used to produce the alternate photo art of the trilogo AT-ST Driver.
Always wanted to get my hands on a pre production item, but these are hard find (and paid), as you all now.
This one popped up on ebay in a buy-it-now auction ... € 60 (£ 53) :D

Nice item, especially at that price.

Pulsar

I think Laurence has just owned this thread :p

Don't encourage me. I had to show restraint yesterday and only put those items up.

I'm sure there will be far more jaw dropping items posted on here shortly.

I do have this Edilio Parodi Italian import sticker Trilogo Amanaman.
It is actually a resealed MOC with the figure previously being removed from the rear. It is the original card and bubble though. It is the first and only one I have seen to date after keeping my eye on the majority of Amanaman sales for at least a 3 year period.

In theory their are 3 variants of Trilogo cards. 2 obviously of creation and 1 of slight variation due to the sticker.

Edilio Parodi.jpg

Edilio Parodi import sticker

Edilio Parodi Import Sticker.jpg

Left to right - Trilogo / Edilio Parodi - Spanish Bubble

3 Trilogo variants.jpg

I was also fortunate to be able to acquire the coin artwork sculpting references and sculpting notes which came from the head of the Kenner sculpting department for Amanaman from Tom Derby last year.

First design with Alien Guard.

POTF Coin 1.jpg

Rejection letter from Lucas Films to Kenner advising - NOT AN ALIENGUARD.

POTF Coin Rejection Letter.jpg

Final draft.

POTF Coin 2.jpg

The next items are baggies. Specifically the Palitoy U baggies.

I was fortunate to discover the C3P0 42 Baggie case find. These items came from a hoarder in Coalville who's friend worked as a Warehouse Manager at the factory. He had stored them in there for 30 years or so.

This find actually has many unique and previously unseen baggies with many of them being on Franks Comprehensive Guide to Baggies in the Vintage Reference Library section of the forum. This find also gave clarification that Palitoy also had Kenner baggies supplied to them which gave credence to items that previously had been thought of as suspicious such as Woolworths 8 packs that included Kenner Baggies inside them.

The Palitoy U's are actually the last baggie style to be given a classification on the guide although I do believe there are others to be given a classification when time becomes available. Previously to the sample of 13 being found in the case there was a Biker Scout baggie documented in this baggie type. He was put into the bracket of 'suspected but not confirmed'. There was also a Hoth Rescue Pack no text baggie Luke Hoth and Han Hoth. The find confirmed that the 3 baggies mentioned were all of the same type giving a new classification.

The Han and Luke Hoth baggies are those that appear in the POTF Hoth Rescue Playset, although not exclusive as the playets can be found with Palitoy - a's or a mixture of both baggies. The Biker Scout is the baggie that comes in the POTF Endor Chase Palyset.

To date the other figures in the bags are the only examples found. I believe that these baggies were reassembled from loose figures ready for carding to be repackaged for the playsets or for sale in the staff shop. This is speculation of course.

Unfortunately due to changes of circumstances the majority of these are no longer with me.

I do still own the Nikto, Klaatu and Lando. In terms of rarity, these are the rarest items of the line that I own as I believe they are the only ones that still exist.

42 Baggie case find.

C3P0 Collectors Case 42 Baggie Find.jpg

10 of the Palitoy U baggies.

Palitoy U Baggies.jpg

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
This piece is the production budget for ROTJ.

The following is the description of the item when it was for sale a few years back.

A binder containing the production budget from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Housed in a blue plastic three-ring binder, this binder consists of 140 mimeographed typescript pages of accounting information from the production. Each typed page outlines the production expenses across a grid with columns for account number (recipient), their rates, the amounts per location (Elstree Studios, ILM, etc.) and the total amounts at the far right. At the back of the binder is a single page memo outlining the computer key codes attributed to the film production accounts. The pages show minor wear due to production use and age; however the item remains in fine condition. Dimensions: 25 cm x 30 cm x 4 cm (10" x 11 ¾" x 1 ½")

Production budget

ROTJ Production Budget.jpg

Front page with revised total cost.

ROTJ Production Budget Total.jpg

My favourite page being the wardrobe budget. IRG's instead of ERG's, Scooter Troopers, Pig Guard and only 3 of them.

ROTJ Production Budget Costumes.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great piece of history with the binder, really not the sort of thing you see every day and it's a shame Kenner didn't keep the name Scooter Trooper :lol:

Thanks for sharing.

Ian

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
laurencedyer said:
Pulsar

I think Laurence has just owned this thread :p

Don't encourage me. I had to show restraint yesterday and only put those items up.

I'm sure there will be far more jaw dropping items posted on here shortly.

Well you need to be encouraged!
Some outstanding items :shock: 8)
I'm amazed that costs list has seen the light of day. So were there only 3 Gamorrean Guards ever used?
I'm sure i remember seeing more in certain scenes?
So was the overall budget for ROTJ $26 million?

And Warwick Davis got a measly $100!
Not bad for skiving school though.

coomber75

Sith Lord
great thread guys love this, have nothing rare i fear, apparently my moc maccau die cast slave is tricky to find unbeknownst to me lo l but nothing on your scales!

TrooperWill

Padawan
by laurencedyer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:44 am

This piece is the production budget for ROTJ.

The following is the description of the item when it was for sale a few years back.

A binder containing the production budget from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Housed in a blue plastic three-ring binder, this binder consists of 140 mimeographed typescript pages of accounting information from the production. Each typed page outlines the production expenses across a grid with columns for account number (recipient), their rates, the amounts per location (Elstree Studios, ILM, etc.) and the total amounts at the far right. At the back of the binder is a single page memo outlining the computer key codes attributed to the film production accounts. The pages show minor wear due to production use and age; however the item remains in fine condition. Dimensions: 25 cm x 30 cm x 4 cm (10" x 11 ¾" x 1 ½")

Production budget

wow, what a piece, id love to flip through that, I bet there must be all sorts of gems hidden in there, such as they had 10 imperial dignitary's, thank god we only got the one crap figure.

40 ewoks! bloody hell that's a lot of kids/ short people.

subzero

Sith Lord
If this thread was on ebay it would be full of thousands of bullshit common items and modern stuff. :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom