Response to Claims

Frunkstar

Grand Master
ldr said:
Yeah. Luke was touched up...still sticky even. So cant grade that. So lost pretty much all my money on that one.

gutted for you lewis, very sorry to here this but sort of expected sadly, paint touch ups again I see, not the first of his baggies to be opened & found to be like this, remember the tri logo fett's that were failed by both AFA & CSA?

Worrying new problem on the horizon now is that Marc Hockly would seem to be selling jeff's stuff for him via Jabbas auction group on facebook :|

I have had my suspicions of this for some time, but with some help we finally I'D'd one of the figures that was in the fake baggies jeff was offering up, it's a rare PBP dark brown hoth rebel with distinct paint over-spray on the back of the head where the straps are, I tried to alert folks to this on the page but pretty much got told to mind my business & it's all ok as the figure is now loose graded, yet it is obviously jeff's not Marc's

I can provide detailed images if anyone is interested (doubtful sadly)

Marc just ignored my images & concerns as he did with the fake red text 2 pack thread here.

The big thing for me is that now Jeff has an avenue to sell all his loose mint & mostly graded figures via that group & Marc with all the funds no doubt going into his pocket rather than being forwarded on to those who are still owed a refund.

This to me is shocking, sadly from what I can tell no one gives a rats ass about it :? :?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree Frank and would like to see photos of the DB HRS. All this seams to have been swept under the carpet.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Pay close attention to the overspray not just at the headband, but also his arse, hips, boot....
40484210.jpg

40391310.jpg

40352610.jpg

40407510.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
Perhaps I don't have all the facts, but can someone please explain exactly what Marc is doing wrong here?
From what I can make out he is selling figures for Jeff so that Jeff still gets cash from the community whilst still not refunding those people that he sold fakes to. Basically the equivalent of Toni selling unused cardbacks in someone else's cabinet in Snoopers

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Thanks Carl.
I am in no doubt that the Rebel Soldier is/was Jeffs as
I have seen it in person but there is absolutely no proof that he still owns it. Marc is a well respected dealer and it is perfectly feasible he bought this from Jeff to flip (and made a tidy profit on it by the looks of it).

I am concerned this is becoming a which hunt for anyone connected to Jeff as Frank has now levelled accusations against Marc Hockley twice in the space of a month.
Facts should always be verified before anyone's name is banded about as reputations are far easier to damage than to build up.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
Thanks Carl.
I am in no doubt that the Rebel Soldier is/was Jeffs as
I have seen it in person but there is absolutely no proof that he still owns it. Marc is a well respected dealer and it is perfectly feasible he bought this from Jeff to flip (and made a tidy profit on it by the looks of it).

I am concerned this is becoming a which hunt for anyone connected to Jeff as Frank has now levelled accusations against Marc Hockley twice in the space of a month.
Facts should always be verified before anyone's name is banded about as reputations are far easier to damage than to build up.
At this present time I feel that the two incidents have to be viewed separately (though perhaps in time this may change).

I am, of course, alarmed, as I'm sure are many others, to hear that Marc Hockley has refused to refund the money in respect of the 2 pack red Snaggletooth / Greedo as there enough red lights to point to it being a fake, and as a long time member of the community and as a respected dealer he should be looking to cement his reputation and do the right thing. I do not have enough knowledge of the subject matter to comment further.

On the other hand at this present time there has not been any evidence put forward to show that the pbp rebel soldier with metallic Bespin Blaster auction on Jabba's palace is anything other than a case of flipping. Yes, it's almost certainly the same figure Jeff was selling in a fake baggie but with no further evidence on the table, as yet, it's impossible for the mods on Jabbas to cancel that auction or ban Marc, and it's hard for me or anybody else to comment either.

I don't know Marc. I don't believe I've ever bought off him. I do know he's well liked and well respected. On the other hand I have the upmost respect for you Frank, and what you've done for the community, time and time again. I hope this can all get resolved. I know you must have more. I think we all need to see it.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I've no involvement, axe to grind or side to take in this, but at the root of this there's been a deliberate attempt to deceive that has cost many collectors a lot of money, and the person at the centre of it seems to have absolved himself of any culpability (and moral obligation to refund people) without bothering to provide an explanation of why he feels he can do this.

So, if it's the case that Marc has bought Jeff's stuff and...

Clarkspie&chips said:
Marc is a well respected dealer.
...then I would've expected him to:

• Come on here to put forward his side of the story (I've not seen it here or anywhere else);
  • Be very, very careful about what he bought from Jeff and how he sold it on (seems not to be the case with Frank's multipack);
  • Had a no-quibble approach when his customers question anything he may've sold on from Jeff's collection. (Again, seems not to be the case with Frank's multipack)
It seems to me that any dealer who doesn't do this is hurting their own reputation. However, from the reaction over on Jabba's it seems many people don't give a **** about this or that Jeff is cashing in without refunding those who have lost out.

momike

Jedi Master
Any money made should be going towards refunding folk, just a thew posts back Lewis was refused a refund because he missed a deadline he was not even aware of.....this whole thing stinks

I wasn't aware that Marc was a dealer and if that's the case his customer service is terrible, he should be refunding frank and it's as simple as that and the buyer beware comment is disgraceful imo, Frank had them looked at by ukg and they refused a grade and I know frank suggested letting CAS look at the pack and Marc didn't want to know......piss poor form

Looks like they're coming out of the bags and into plastic boxes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/j10e5f6f6/m.html?item=401589701460&hash=item5d809c8b54%3Ag%3ArQQAAOSwq4dbhDAB&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

lejackal

Grand Master
The fact the grade numbers are sequential with those sold on Jabbas also confirms the origins of the figures

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Tarkin's nosehair said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/j10e5f6f6/m.html?item=401589701460&hash=item5d809c8b54%3Ag%3ArQQAAOSwq4dbhDAB&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

My question is who is sending these in on jeff's behalf as i was told he can no longer send item's for grading at UKG
after this all started.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Stubbs said:
Tarkin's nosehair said:

My question is who is sending these in on jeff's behalf as i was told he can no longer send item's for grading at UKG
after this all started.

No one is, UKG have opened their doors to him, I have strongly advised against it but as ever money seems to talk.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
That sales thread for the DB HRS on Facebook is ridiculous, I've never seen anything like it. :roll:

ldr

Padawan
A post regarding the Jeffers i've now opened:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38835&p=507950#p507950

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I find it quite astonishing that anyone ( irrespective of their reputation, dealer or not) has purchased/is selling on/or is allowing to be graded, items that have a dubious background, even if not proven a seller with a reputation, hell anyone for that matter, who has an item they have doubts about, go back to the community and ask advice with pictures of items, that way they have a footprint of back up in the community.

It all boils down to being decent, honest and upfront and not looking for a back door/way out.

My point is, if all of the people that had been scammed, had doubts, but quickly offloaded the items in their collections and passed the issue on to others, then the whole sad affair created by Glanville would not have come to light, therefore again, I have to say a massive Thankyou to those that have unselfishly investigated, proven, and brought to light all of these issues for the good of the community.

In my book anyone that defends wrong doing or turns a blind eye to wrong doing need to have a think about their outlook on being a part off the collecting community.

I am a big believer in what goes around comes around, and I and many many other people have something called a conscience.

There are allways ifs, buts and maybes in life, but the decisions you make and how you treat others is down to you and you alone, there are no free passes in life, wrong is wrong simple as that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom