Zipping Capes

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Please could anyone clarify on whether all vintage vinyl capes should zip or not ? From the research i've done some people say they should all zip and others have said not all do , eg PBP capes etc, I've got 3 Snowtrooper skirts that i've had since childhood and 2 of them zip but 1 doesn't so I very much doubt it's repro, unless they were making repros in the 80's ? I've also got a Leia cape that is similar material that doesn't zip, and a Vader cape that has a leathery texture to it that doesn't zip, any advice and discussion welcome, thanks.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Not all capes zip, there are vader capes, leia capes and hoth stormie skirts that does not zip. I am not sure about kenobi, lando and leia bespin capes. I have also have a tusken raider cape that does not zip but that one still confuse me so I cannont confirm that one is real. I do not know about the jawa cape zip. Some capes are also not smooth, some capes are rugose :D I hope it helps :wink:

plantainman

Jedi Master
ChallengerFox said:
Please could anyone clarify on whether all vintage vinyl capes should zip or not ?
aussiejames said:
Most zip, not all, as you mentioned PBP Snowtrooper cape, Taiwan Leia cape, Ledy capes from memory...
Simply, This. The answer to whether all vintage vinyl capes should zip is "Not", 100%.
Pomse2001 said:
Not all capes zip, there are vader capes, leia capes and hoth stormie skirts that does not zip. I am not sure about kenobi, lando and leia bespin capes. I
PBP & Ledy Ben capes for sure are smooth, do not zip. Also as you say, Vader PBP capes are rugose and do not zip. There's actually quite a few variants that have smooth capes compared to their zippy kenner cousins, But I don't think the inverse is ever true...

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I recently picked up a Vader in a job lot that has a smooth cape. Are any Kenner or Palitoy variants known have the smooth capes, or are they a foreign/PBP thing only?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
plantainman said:
ChallengerFox said:
Please could anyone clarify on whether all vintage vinyl capes should zip or not ?
aussiejames said:
Most zip, not all, as you mentioned PBP Snowtrooper cape, Taiwan Leia cape, Ledy capes from memory...
Simply, This. The answer to whether all vintage vinyl capes should zip is "Not", 100%.
Pomse2001 said:
Not all capes zip, there are vader capes, leia capes and hoth stormie skirts that does not zip. I am not sure about kenobi, lando and leia bespin capes. I
PBP & Ledy Ben capes for sure are smooth, do not zip. Also as you say, Vader PBP capes are rugose and do not zip. There's actually quite a few variants that have smooth capes compared to their zippy kenner cousins, But I don't think the inverse is ever true...

Thanks I am also still learning, any info about a no zip sound tusken raider cape ? :D

plantainman

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
plantainman said:
ChallengerFox said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks I am also still learning, any info about a no zip sound tusken raider cape ? :D

sorry Lars, you're on your own there i'm afraid. not enough expertise in TR variants to chime in, although from what I can recall all TR figures I have ahad through my hands have had zippy capes. Keep us updated if you get evidence to support its status of belonging to a specific variant or if its repro say. Cheers, Neil

Pomse2001

Grand Master
plantainman said:
Pomse2001 said:
plantainman said:

sorry Lars, you're on your own there i'm afraid. not enough expertise in TR variants to chime in, although from what I can recall all TR figures I have ahad through my hands have had zippy capes. Keep us updated if you get evidence to support its status of belonging to a specific variant or if its repro say. Cheers, Neil

Thanks mate :wink:

Can you ID a leia cape if I post a picture of it ? there is also no zip sound on that one.

plantainman

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
plantainman said:
Pomse2001 said:

Can you ID a leia cape if I post a picture of it ? there is also no zip sound on that one.

PM me it and i'll do my best when I get 5 mins over the next week. Peace

Palifan

Sith Lord
plantainman said:
Pomse2001 said:
plantainman said:

I'd be interested in hearing the results on here so do let us know.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
plantainman said:
Pomse2001 said:
plantainman said:

Thanks mate :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
plantainman said:
Pomse2001 said:

Ian

We will, maybe I should just upload it here in the thread :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:
plantainman said:

Ian

We will, maybe I should just upload it here in the thread :lol:

Sounds like the right move to me! :D

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom