£9.99 if anyone needs a diary for next year

Attachments

• 5B9268A8-707E-4BA1-AD8C-6C1D62E7B0A1.jpeg
    5B9268A8-707E-4BA1-AD8C-6C1D62E7B0A1.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,291

spoons

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
That's really nice! Is it an officially licensed product?

Disney licensed, I was tempted but don't really use a diary

With Action Man and He-man adverts and last years Card Factory SW bag, toy collecting is almost mainstream

Edit - £10 on Amazon. Just bought one :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
Snaketibe said:

Disney licensed, I was tempted but don't really use a diary

With Action Man and He-man adverts and last years Card Factory SW bag, toy collecting is almost mainstream

Edit - £10 on Amazon. Just bought one :lol:
Thanks, Andy. I wasn't sure who, if anyone, still owns the image rights to the vintage Kenner figures, but perhaps it's Lucasfilm and hence Disney? I say 'perhaps' because there seems to have been quite a lot of products over the years that have used pictures of the vintage figures without those products obviously being officially licensed, and yet no law suits seem to have appeared. Not to mention things like the repro Kenner and Palitoy boxes for sale on eBay which are very clearly not licensed, and yet are apparently tolerated by whoever does own the copyright.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
I saw some Gift Bags in WHSmiths like that! Bit different but very similar. I was pointing out to my girlfriend that Boba had the wrong colour blaster on the picture, and I was 90% sure the Stormtrooper blaster was a repro as it looked grey!

She's a massive nerd herself, but I got a look from her that suggested I was providing her with information that she really didn't give two shits about.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Modern speeder bike and Biker Scout :roll: That sends my OCD into overdrive :D

We're now a 'target market' - as said, adverts using toys from our childhood and product using retro imagery is proof it's all cool now to like this stuff.

In the early 90's you could get your head kicked in up here if you mentioned you collected toys.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't use a diarie, but may have to put this on my Christmas list and record all my vintage purchases next year in it. :D :D

I'm with you on the modern speeder bikes sublevel! :eek:

subzero

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Snaketibe said:

And then not to mention Ready Player One, I feel like society is approaching 'peak 80's nostalgia', it will no doubt be a huge trend over the next few years and we'll see it everywhere I reckon. Along with equally rising vintage toy prices even more than what's already happened so far! :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
I bet you look really fetching in them Edd.

I don't think the "belly button out" look suits men in their late 30s too well :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom