Saggy Bottoms

MightyMike

Padawan
So my dad made me keep all the boxes for the vehicles, unfortunately not the inserts. So although the art works are in good conditions some are a little saggy, and look rougher than they actually are. I guess 35 years in the attic we all may suffer a little

I would like to display some of them, has anyone made their own replacement inserts for support? My idea is just to get a shed load of corrugated card and cut 4 pieces out for the top/bottom/2 side

Any issues/advice with this? HAs anyone got any templates from doing it? The box would be empty so it can be as ugly and rough inside as it needs to be, I just don't want to spend the rest of my life (and money) doing it

tobeshadow

Padawan
I've got a couple of larger boxes that were in the same condition! I just made some solid inserts from old cardboard and some gaffer tape. Not very pretty but you don't see it when the boxes are displayed and keeps them in shape! :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've thought about doing this as I have a lot of boxed items without inserts from my childhood. I've decided to just get acrylic cases for the ones I want to display. They fit snug and can't flop about at all.

Only down side is it's more expensive but worth it if your displaying them. :)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
You can just get four pieces of stiff card, the same width as the box is deep. Cut two as long as the box and two as wide. Then cut two slits half way through the card a third of the way down on each piece. Then slot it all together so it looks like a 0's and crosses grid from above. Put it in your box :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom