Were you a "one toy line" kid?

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
spoons said:
My Britains soldiers are the only toys my dad wouldnt let me sell when i was 12. They now live in a cabinet by my bed :D

Wish he'd stopped me selling the Star Wars too
Don't get me started Andy!

As a kid I remember my Dad complaining and complaining about my Grandma giving away his Dinky cars when he'd outgrown them - he only had 6 or 7 knackered cars left. A few years later he let us sell our Action Man and Star Wars toys. To be fair he let me and my brother make the decision, and we got the money, but I wish he'd made us keep them. We still have our Subbuteo, Lego, Scalextric, and other odds and ends... but I so wish I had my SW and Action Man.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I was into Hornby trains (still like looking at layouts), Lego, Subbuteo (all mine was given away :roll: ) and Action Man. Transformers, He-Man and Action Force were my brothers thing.

I was really into comics as a kid (U.S and U.K) and I still am. Don't buy anywhere near as much of them as I did years ago.

subzero

Sith Lord
poncho said:
i was also obsessed with cereal give away toys and often rooted for the toy straight away left the bag open and mum would moan as they went stale quickly

Same with me too, I was absolutely fascinated with the free gifts and used to love the sight of seeing a new unopened cereal box, then seeing the toy when you open it was the best. Not just the toys with me though I was also obsessed with all the other stuff like stickers and puzzles etc, I already have a Kellogg's bike reflector in my vintage collection and am thinking about starting a collection of all the other free gifts from Kellogg's and other ones that I remember.

The amount of those chicken shaped bike reflectors I ended up with on my bike though was just stupid. :lol:

Richard_H

Grand Master
I had a tiny bit of Action Man. Probably hand me downs.

After SW I had a bit transformers, quite a bit He-man but lost interest when the ZX Spectrum took over.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
stu70 said:
Other than Star Wars,

Black Hole, VINCENT is still one of my favourite figures.
Battlestar Galactica.
Mego figures.
Scalextric.
Micronauts, the magnetic ones in black and white, robots and horses that fired missiles!
Britains figures, WW2, Cowboys and Indians, Knights, Stargards and Aliens.
Action Man and Tommy Gun, which I think was a budget version as he only had plastic hair.
Six Million Dollar Man.
Evil Knievel, stunt bike, lone gone sadly.
Fighting Furies by Matchbox.

:)

I was going to list my old toys but Stu did it for me, all the above plus space 1999 and all the usual 70's corgi jems with a smattering of matchbox, my mum used to work at matchbox so i used to get all sorts of bits and pieces :D happy days that's what its all about when you get that toy you remember from being a kid, got both the fighting furies recently that brought back some memories with the kung foo / sword arm action :)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
spoons said:
My Britains soldiers are the only toys my dad wouldnt let me sell when i was 12. They now live in a cabinet by my bed :D

Are you talking about the little plastic soldier figures moulded in one colour plastic with a base attached to the feet?? Forgot about them. If that's what you mean I had those in two different scales - ones that were about 6 or 7cm tall and little tiny ones about 1.5cm tall. Used to love them and I painted some up too.

Also just remembered something else I had loads of, don't know how I forgot them. Airfix model kits! Built loads of them, mostly fighter planes but remember doing a massive warship one Christmas :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Star Wars was my first and biggest toy love by far, but I had a few bits and pieces of other lines which I liked a lot too:

Batman Batmobile, Batboat and Batcopter
Six Million Dollar Man
Micronauts
Action Man
Lego

And then when I got a little bit older...

BMX
ZX Spectrum
Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks :)

_Lee_

Sith Lord
CHIPs was my second favorite toyline after the Wars!

Last figure ever bought was the A-Team good guys. Also ponced about with Battlestar Galactca, BH,transformers and Evil Kneival.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Great thread!

I started off with Star Wars and was then handed down the evil kenivel figure and motor bike and the 6 million dollar man figure and from then on it just took off! Not sure the correct order but I had figures from all of these.....
Mask
Transformers
He man
Bravestarr
Thunder cats
Karate kid
Ghostbusters
Zoids
Visionaries
Turtles
Batman
WWF wrestlers

My favourite apart from Star Wars was the transformers and zoids figures, I would've bought Indiana Jones figures but never saw them at the time.

Someone at school had centurions that I was very jealous of! My local toy shop had them but they were really expensive for some reason as were the gi joe toys which I had no interest in

maxf

Jedi Master
Star Wars and Space Lego were the main lines I was bought as a kid - I had a fair bit of both. I also had quite a lot of Britain's Farm toys.

I had a couple of transformers but don't recal ever getting any bought for me new.

I went through a MASK phase and remember getting boulder hill one Christmas - I only had gator and raven as other vehicles.

I don't think I had tons of toys really - enough for sure but I wasn't swimming in them. Lots came from jumble sales... I remember buying bags of stormtroopers in about 86 or 87 when I'd have been 9 or 10.

I think my last SW bought from shops was the Jedi line

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Star Wars first by a mile.

Then...
Action Force
Scalextric
Action Man
Matchbox/Corgi cars
Britain's Deetail/Space
Airfix mini soldiers, tanks etc

A bit later...
Zoids
Transformers
Citadel Minuatures

spoons

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
spoons said:

Are you talking about the little plastic soldier figures moulded in one colour plastic with a base attached to the feet?? Forgot about them. If that's what you mean I had those in two different scales - ones that were about 6 or 7cm tall and little tiny ones about 1.5cm tall. Used to love them and I painted some up too.

Also just remembered something else I had loads of, don't know how I forgot them. Airfix model kits! Built loads of them, mostly fighter planes but remember doing a massive warship one Christmas :D

Britain's were the fancier version. Painted plastic figure on a rectangular square base. Here's my childhood soldiers

7EF658AA-CB9C-4901-9E84-C948FA10831D.jpeg

The airfix figures were moulded one colour and three were the same scale. I'd also forgotten my ceiling full of model planes. It's what we did before computers :lol:

Haze

Padawan
Supporter
Star Wars toys left the most impression but I also had Lego, little plastic soldiers, Matchbox cars, Playmobil.
Later on there was some He-man and GI Joe.
Never had or cared much for Transformers.

I did like MASK but I couldn't have it all. Don't dare starting to collect it now either.

I've not seen anyone mentioning Playmobil, was that not a thing in the UK?
It was (and still is) pretty big here in Holland and in Germany.

spoons

Grand Master
Haze said:
Star Wars toys left the most impression but I also had Lego, little plastic soldiers, Matchbox cars, Playmobil.
Later on there was some He-man and GI Joe.
Never had or cared much for Transformers.

I did like MASK but I couldn't have it all. Don't dare starting to collect it now either.

I've not seen anyone mentioning Playmobil, was that not a thing in the UK?
It was (and still is) pretty big here in Holland and in Germany.

Forgot Palymobil too. Originally called Playpeople here - the pirates were great

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
For me it was Star Wars that was my favourite but I did enjoy collecting space lego, had a huge Action Man collection and He - Man.

Haze

Padawan
Supporter
spoons said:
Forgot Palymobil too. Originally called Playpeople here - the pirates were great

I remember getting that pirate ship, it was on par in coolness with the Falcon.
Glad I still have them both, hope to properly display them in the future.

wicky0570

Padawan
Star Wars was and always has been my number one toy of choice. I also remember as a child having a set of all the spacecraft from Terrahawks, I loved them all, can't remember what happened to them.

Also, I loved my Tracy Island and all the Thunderbirds toys I had.

Hankster

Youngling
Probably a bit different to most people on here as my favourite toys when I was younger was Action Force. Missed the earlier series 1 and got into it when it moved to the American Gi Joe figures like Duke, Cobra Commander etc. Having a weekly comic also helped.

Also loved matchbox and playmobil and had the odd Lego set but grew out of that. Later on Dad got me into Subboteo

Due to my age only got into Star Wars from ROTJ onwards so had most of the figures from the film, but most of them served as extra enemy cannon fodder for my Action Force figures :D :shock:

Never got into Transformers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom