SWTOTW, Week 6, 2018, Part 1/2 Imperial Attack Base

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Another gap being belatedly filled! Thanks to all the previous posters for sharing their playsets, and my apologies for the late posting of mine.

I never owned an Imperial Attack Base as a child. I was always a 'Turret and Probot' boy myself, as those things were actually in the film, unlike the simply 'made up' Imperial Attack Base! :lol: A friend of mine had an IAB though, and I can now finally admit that it undeniably had better play value than the TAP! I guess that's why the former is a good deal easier to find these days than the latter... It obviously sold a lot more!

It's still never going to be my favourite vintage Star Wars toy (because it wasn't in the film, dammit! :lol: ), but it still has its place. Here's mine:

Not in the Film! 01.jpg

Not in the Film! 02.jpg

Not in the Film! 03.jpg

Not in the Film! 04.jpg

Not in the Film! 05.jpg

Not in the Film! 06.jpg

Not in the Film! 07.jpg

Again thanks for keeping this threads alive :lol: What a beauty that palitoy box is and I agree it has a better play value than the turret and probot :lol: I am glad you finally learned that after so many years :lol: I also never had it as a kid, I did not have any playsets as a kid :(

Thanks for sharing all the pictures of that beautiful set, it looks fantastic 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
paulcalf said:
This was one of my absolute favourite toys.

I loved re creating the snow battles

My attack base still had 40 years worth of dirt and crap on it until the other day.

I've just 'lent' it to a friends 6 year old son so he can enjoy it. They have given it a clean and said it has come up lovely.

It's great to see peoples pictures of them in mint condition

Very nice of you to lent your old playset to a 6 year old boy :wink:

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
paulcalf said:
This was one of my absolute favourite toys.

I loved re creating the snow battles

My attack base still had 40 years worth of dirt and crap on it until the other day.

I've just 'lent' it to a friends 6 year old son so he can enjoy it. They have given it a clean and said it has come up lovely.

It's great to see peoples pictures of them in mint condition

Very nice of you to lent your old playset to a 6 year old boy :wink:

Got to keep people's love of star wars going!

Most of my friends kids have a 1st 12 figure from my childhood collection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom