Were you a "one toy line" kid?

lejackal

Grand Master
I completely forgot I had the 3.75 A Team good guys and van! One of my most loved toys and I bloody forgot all about it!

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I was pretty much a "one toy line" kid.

As well as Star Wars i had a few play people and the pirate ship

I stopped collecting Star Wars stuff before they released the power of the force last 17 (or last 15).

One of my "collect all 79" cards backs has 'the ones I need' written on it with some marks by 2 ewoks and the rancor keeper, which i got before i stopped buying stuff.

I remember being a bit disappointed when my mum & brother bought me a Y wing fighter, as i'd stopped collecting by then. Although it is now the best condition toy in my childhood collection as i hardly played with it!

At some point i traded my mates entire star wars collection for my pirate ship and play people. He still regrets that deal - 25 years later I re united him with his old Millenium Falcon though.

My love of star wars continues and I'm still a "one toy line" kid - my vintage vw camper even has some subtle nods to star wars.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Well I am from Denmark so

LEGO was huge in my home.

City lego
Knight lego
Pirate lego
Space lego
and Fabuland

I also had a little bit of

HEMAN
Transformers
Dinoriders
G.I. Joe
Playmobil

a lot of

Smurfs

and a lot of other toys that I do not know the names on :lol:

and I also had Vintage Star Wars :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I forgot I also had

marklin trains and a Rail Road for the trains :lol:

and Airfix soldiers, vehicles, planes and ships that I painted and played with :lol:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Fairly simple for me

Had:

Action Man
Star Wars
Britains
Lego
Airfix
Raleigh BMX!!!

Didn't have (but my brother did):

Transformers
Action Force
He-Man
Thundercats
MASK

We both had Zoids

Then we both evolved into electronic games and consoles...

BMX Bandit (handheld)
Astro Wars (tabletop)
Firefox (tabletop)
Spectrum 48, 128, +2, +3
Amiga
Mega Drive
NES
Super NES
N64
etc. etc...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:

BMX Bandit (handheld)
Astro Wars (tabletop)
Firefox (tabletop)
Spectrum 48, 128, +2, +3
Amiga
Mega Drive
NES
Super NES
N64
etc. etc...

Ooh gaming, now that deserves its own thread! 8)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
MightyMike said:
mr_palitoy said:
Action man was my big thing. And Hornby railway.

:)

Jason

Action Man and Palitoy? I've got one of these tucked away somewhere, loved it as a kid

Field Gun.JPG

Still got mine. No box and it's all busted up. Plus the tank to tow it.

:)

Jason

poncho

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
SAVORY100 said:

BMX Bandit (handheld)
Astro Wars (tabletop)
Firefox (tabletop)
Spectrum 48, 128, +2, +3
Amiga
Mega Drive
NES
Super NES
N64
etc. etc...

Ooh gaming, now that deserves its own thread! 8)
i had a c64 with gun. then about 92/93 the amiga 600. i still have my a600 although its in need of repair it powers on then reboots itself.....

did you see my amiga find from my local charity shop earlier this year ed?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Even though I had a variety of different toys growing up my only toys I had as some sort of collection other than Star Wars was Action Man, lego, Britains space figures/vehicles and LJN Advanced Dungeons and Dragons figures.

That's about it other than various model kits but I did have lots of one off things like Bionic Man, Mego DR Who & Sprider-Man, A-Team, Zoids ect. Nothing comes close to my Star Wars figure collection at the time though.

Ian

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
SAVORY100 said:
Astro Wars (tabletop)
I can still clearly remember the noise made by Astro Wars, used to love that game - although it was rare that my bro would let me use it

tobeshadow

Padawan
My toys were mainly hand-me-downs from my brothers, mostly Star Wars and a few Action Force. The first toys I remember seeing in shops and getting new on card were Batman (1989 Movie and Batman Returns). I absolutely loved the early Batman TAS figures as well, plus random Movie figures from Star Trek/Aliens/Terminator etc

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I also had an Amiga 500 when I was a kid and I still have it, ok now I have 2 :lol: oh and also 2 amiga 1200 :lol:

My brother had nes, sega master and sega megadrive, so when I got older I also had to have this machines so today I also have this 3 machines and they are awesome :D

Taffius

Sith Lord
Only had 3 SW figures.

My biggest collection of toys were Britains Farm items, then Britains soliders and the Airfix plastic soliders. Had an Action Man or two and a couple of tanks. Matchbox and Corgi cars.

Also remember fondly a Matchbox Space 1999 Eagle. I think I remembered it so well as I was severely ill post dental treatment under gas and hence part of the trauma offset! :lol: They had to keep stopping the Mk II Cortina so I could spu on numerous occasions.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
Also remember fondly a Matchbox Space 1999 Eagle. I think I remembered it so well as I was severely ill post dental treatment under gas and hence part of the trauma offset! :lol: They had to keep stopping the Mk II Cortina so I could spu on numerous occasions.
I wanted one of those Eagles when I was a kid. My parents couldn't find one so they bought me the model kit instead. So, not only did I have to build and paint the damn thing but I couldn't play with it was it was done - my parents said it was too brittle. :roll: Left me permanently scarred, I tell ya! :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom