Another utter Arsehole

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Painful to watch as a collector of any vintage line :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pure greed to get this stupid gun to go with a Snow Trooper to make up a YPS one... no doubt its all down to a profit margin too! Even more irritating is that a loose one sold last week on eBay anyway!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpFTU4yHXBx/?hl=en&taken-by=the_kraken_wakes

The guys real name is Matt Paul; I implore each and everyone of you to block him from any media and Facebook groups you may Admin or be involved with.

The mental part for me is that this guy is an AVID AF collector, he has even had Bob Brechin visit his collection...

What a knob jockey

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I had a discussion with him last week when he threatened to do this.

Is opening Mocs a more acceptable practice in action force collecting? I can feel some of their frustration since the SA-80 is now outrageously expensive all because of the YPS dickheads.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I saw this last night also. My reaction was somewhat the same. I don't care how common a carded item is, I despair at people opening orignal items. His reply "i dont understand the loss, there are thousands of these around..." is typically short sighted. That was once the case of certain MOCs, until U graded became a thing. :roll:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes it must be ****ing annoying that some variant twats have made a $2 accessory into a $100 one. Still, no excuse to open vintage toys.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Not that I am in support of this, but generally curious about other SW lines.

Some open "Modern" figures to display due to size of packaging, etc. How far back does Modern relate to? I only ask as ethically, as would green / red POTF classed as modern now or near vintage?

Within the forum its still modern - but when is the determined changeover point to vintage (if there is any)?

Richard_H

Grand Master
I've had people refuse to sell my Ep 1 Figures as I open them. I've more than happy opening potf2 onwards. For me, modern is never going to be in short supply

subzero

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
I've had people refuse to sell my Ep 1 Figures as I open them. I've more than happy opening potf2 onwards. For me, modern is never going to be in short supply

Unless everyone opens them all. :lol:

stu70

Padawan
Surely even doing this, which is plainly wrong, doesn't make a Snowtrooper a true YPS figure, for a Snowtrooper to be classed as a YPS one it has to come with the comic and bag it was issued with, YPS being the name of the German kid's magazine it was given away free with.

When I was looking at Snowtroopers on eBay a while back there were often figures described as YPS variant, all missing weapons, surely they couldn't have all come the magazine?

Was this type of Snowtrooper issued on other cards, or is it actually totally unique to the comic giveaway? Not including the weapon.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
This is what ****s me off about the 'YPS trooper' and ignorant collectors.

To my mind it isn't a YPS trooper unless it came with the magazine. The price the SA80 goes for on some vintage SW groups is ridiculous, and decent AF collectors must despise the vintage SW community. Ripping open MOCs from other vintage toy lines shows a huge lack of respect and equates to greed rather than a genuine interest in collecting.

As for this berk; filming yourself opening a vintage MOC AND putting that on the net? FFS, how dumb are some people.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
how dumb are some people.
The obvious answer is very...as this guy has demonstrated!
Some people just want the limelight and just don't care about what others think. :(

I agree with Rich as POTF2 were "collected" from the start, they were rarely bought by children to play with.
That's why nearly 25 years later there are still loads in pristine condition and still cheap!
Remember these were going to fund everyone's retirement! :wink:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
I had a discussion with him last week when he threatened to do this.

Is opening Mocs a more acceptable practice in action force collecting? I can feel some of their frustration since the SA-80 is now outrageously expensive all because of the YPS dickheads.

I saw that on the posts mate, good of you to call him out. I decided there is no reasoning with him, so he's been banned from Jabba's I believe as I shared this with Mark and I would hope Jason Smith and Rich will take action in their groups if he frequents them.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Also if anybody knows if he uses this forum and can let me know his username, I will do the same

Robstyley

Sith Lord
What's it all about? I'm guessing that's old then? I'm not into Action Force. The mere fact he's filmed himself opening it and put it online. It's purely aimed to piss people off and be controversial. What a dick!!

lejackal

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
What's it all about? I'm guessing that's old then? I'm not into Action Force. The mere fact he's filmed himself opening it and put it online. It's purely aimed to piss people off and be controversial. What a dick!!
Until a year or two ago that was a 20 quid weapons pack, then cue the retards who all suddenly want a YPS trooper when most of them can barely spell YPS and all of a sudden it's a £20 MOC containing a hundred quid gun. Ta da, now it's hard to find intact and it's 4/5 times the price.
It's the Action Force equivalent of Kez or Thall being opened to get the blaster.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
The yps snowtrooper is a hard torso snowtrooper that is less common but still abundantly available as it was packaged on trilogo cards. It has a slightly different cape as well. Round holes instead of slits and a scar coo.

Dave Tree has been selling the weapon packs for years for a fiver. A number have been opened for the sa80.

This figure and weapon combo can only be truly called a yps snowtrooper if it is either still in the unopened comic bag, or comes from a childhood collection that contains a snowtrooper and weapon that could only have come from the comic. Anything else is no more than a Frankenstein figure with an action force weapon and a loose tri snowtrooper.

The whole yps thing is a myth. Some of the comics came with the snowtrooper and the correct weapon.

The problem is the ignorance of some of the modern "must have it" collector who does no research into what they are buying, but wants Facebook likes and validation.

It is the same problem that has caused solid black blasters, hollow tube tuskens, red bar r5s, vcjs, etc etc to skyrocket in price.

subzero

Sith Lord
Also if someone suddenly decides they want a 'YPS Snowtrooper' and just happen to also own one of these weapon packs that they bought back when it was only £5, that makes it a whole lot easier for them to open it up.

Opening it is such a greedy and shortsighted thing to do just for the sake of a single weapon, not SW related but I have 3 sealed packets of Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles stick-on tattoo's from the early 90's that took me nearly 2 years to find, there's not even a single picture anywhere on the internet of a sealed or opened example, super rare and very hard to find, yet no market for them whatsoever and worth pennies. I absolutely loved these tattoo's as a kid so would love nothing more than to open one of these 3 packs up just to see what the tattoo designs look like again as I can't fully remember, but I feel so guilty even just thinking about tearing one open because they're so rare, and I don't want to forever destroy that piece of sealed history.

But I did have the idea of sending one pack in to Ashens for him to open in a Youtube video, at least that way if one was going to be opened then at least this obscure little bit of history could be shared with hundreds of thousands of other people from all around the world, who would experience and enjoy seeing them too, not just me alone, this seemed a fair trade to me. But when I found out Ashens closed down his PO box because of receiving way too many items from fans, I had to keep all my 3 packs and there they will now stay, never being opened, it just feels disrespectful to open one for just one person to enjoy.

I also have quite a few sealed packs of Pro Set Premiere League collector cards, nobody wants them, they're bloody everywhere and are worthless, i'd love to open one though for nostalgia but again just feel too guilty ruining one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom