Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Here are my Death Star Droid items

11 variants

P1170529.JPG

P1170532.JPG

and my cardback collection
It's another wonderful collection of variants and cardbacks from you, Lars! As ever, thanks for sharing your collection with the forum :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lars, thanks for posting your extensive collection of figures and cardbacks.
I've never seen the Palitoy one with the blue insignia on the front, what can you tell me about it?
Cheers.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes nice card backs Lars, I've never seen that Palitoy variant either. Really like it. 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Brill figure and card this a favourite for sure here's my Kenner 20F and Trilogo :)

ED326611-0CB1-47EC-BFBF-855615C93391.jpeg

1B755EE7-55DE-4C74-982D-98FE2099156F.jpeg

beautiful collection you have, the tri-logo is 100% my favorite, I do not see many of them 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
OK, here's mine. The 'MOC' is another reseal, I'm afraid, but one I'm happy with.

As for the loose, I always find the vac-metalized figures are quite difficult to photograph well (or maybe I'm just a crap photographer! :lol: ), so I have included a couple of shots of the front and back of them to try to show them as well as possible.

I have four variants; a shiny and a dull finish 'nipple' chested, 'buttonless' arm variant, and a shiny and dull finish no 'nipple', button-armed variant. I'm still not 100% convinced the dull finish 'variants' aren't just how shiny ones end up looking after they've been played with, but then again, the difference in the finishes, both on the front and back of the figures does seem pretty uniform, so who knows...? And for those struggling to tell the difference, the shiny ones are at each end! :lol:

Lastly, god knows what happened to Kenner's quality control with the black paint on the poor old Death Star Droid, but it can be really, REALLY tough to find one with perfect paint, even carded. Perhaps the vac-metalised surface didn't accept the paint very well? :?

Rubbish Paint - 01.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 02.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 03.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 04.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 05.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 06.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 07.jpg

Thanks mate for the fantastic pictures of your collection 8) that card could have tricked me 8) I will answer the rest of your mail later when I have more time :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
OK, here's mine. The 'MOC' is another reseal, I'm afraid, but one I'm happy with.

As for the loose, I always find the vac-metalized figures are quite difficult to photograph well (or maybe I'm just a crap photographer! :lol: ), so I have included a couple of shots of the front and back of them to try to show them as well as possible.

I have four variants; a shiny and a dull finish 'nipple' chested, 'buttonless' arm variant, and a shiny and dull finish no 'nipple', button-armed variant. I'm still not 100% convinced the dull finish 'variants' aren't just how shiny ones end up looking after they've been played with, but then again, the difference in the finishes, both on the front and back of the figures does seem pretty uniform, so who knows...? And for those struggling to tell the difference, the shiny ones are at each end! :lol:

Lastly, god knows what happened to Kenner's quality control with the black paint on the poor old Death Star Droid, but it can be really, REALLY tough to find one with perfect paint, even carded. Perhaps the vac-metalised surface didn't accept the paint very well? :?

Rubbish Paint - 01.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 02.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 03.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 04.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 05.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 06.jpg

Rubbish Paint - 07.jpg

I think they used different paint as they did on many figures, so I think you are right about the dull and shiny. I would keep them as variants if I was you, but that is just what I think. I agree they are quite difficult to photograph :lol: I do not know about the vac-metalised surface didn't accept the paint very well, but maybe you are right about it. Just like the Imperial rank insignia on death star commander some are good others are falling off very easy :roll:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Here are my Death Star Droid items

11 variants

P1170529.JPG

P1170532.JPG

and my cardback collection
It's another wonderful collection of variants and cardbacks from you, Lars! As ever, thanks for sharing your collection with the forum :)

Your welcome, thanks mate for the kind words :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
I've never seen the Palitoy one with the blue insignia on the front, what can you tell me about it?
Cheers.

Thanks mate for the kind words as always :D I must admit I do not remember the story :( But I think it was something about a store used this stickers on some cardbacks in the uk for a short time :?

Maybe Jason our huge cardback expert here on the forum know more about :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Yes nice card backs Lars, I've never seen that Palitoy variant either. Really like it. 8)

Thanks mate for the very kind words, I also love that cardback :D I bought it because of the insignia :lol:

apack7229

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
apack7229 said:
Here's my few.

thanks mate for sharing the pictures and I can see the figures are complete :lol: :wink: cool collection you have. Are they both Hong Kong ? :D

Yeah both are Hong Kong. You know I only collect the most complete figures possible. :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Pomse2001 said:
apack7229 said:
Here's my few.

thanks mate for sharing the pictures and I can see the figures are complete :lol: :wink: cool collection you have. Are they both Hong Kong ? :D

Yeah both are Hong Kong. You know I only collect the most complete figures possible. :lol:

thanks for the info :D most complete figures :shock: have you changed your focus ? :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Cheers.

I have talked with jason, he has also not seen it before, he think it maybe could be fan made. I found it in a lot in 2014 that I bought from another member on the forum. Could be cool to learn more about it, now I really want to know if it is from the factory, from a store or just fan made :?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Please do keep us posted, I've never seen one like that before.
Interesting that Jason hasn't either.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Pomse2001 said:
thanks for the info :D most complete figures :shock: have you changed your focus ? :lol:

Why is that so hard to believe? :lol: It's not like I have any that are broken or anything. :wink:

I know, they are not broken only factory errors :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom