SWTOTW, Week 32, 2018, Part 2/2 Yak Face

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here are my little Yak Face collection.

1. my 3 Yak Face figures. 3 different head colours, my favorite is the pale head, the colours on the legs are also different on all 3 :lol:

P1170233.JPG

2. Yak Face Tri-logo cardback with a German Price sticker, I am only keeping it until I find a nice cardback with a danish price sticker.

P1170234.JPG

3. Another Yak Face Tri-logo cardback, it is not very nice but it is the only one I have with a danish price sticker, for my danish focus.

P1170235.JPG

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice collection of Yaks Lars. Shame a certain memeber on here doesn't come out of retirement and share his Yak army. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Nice collection of Yaks Lars. Shame a certain memeber on here doesn't come out of retirement and share his Yak army. :)

Oh yes, I also remember a member on the forum that had a Yak army 20 maybe 30 yak face, but at the moment I do not remember who he is, the funny thing is that I have talked a few times with him :?

Thanks mate for the very nice words :D

poncho

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

Oh yes, I also remember a member on the forum that had a Yak army 20 maybe 30 yak face, but at the moment I do not remember who he is, the funny thing is that I have talked a few times with him :?

tatsie i believe

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:

1. my 3 Yak Face figures. 3 different head colours, my favorite is the pale head, the colours on the legs are also different on all 3 :lol:

P1170233.JPG

2. Yak Face Tri-logo cardback with a German Price sticker, I am only keeping it until I find a nice cardback with a danish price sticker.

P1170234.JPG

3. Another Yak Face Tri-logo cardback, it is not very nice but it is the only one I have with a danish price sticker, for my danish focus.

P1170235.JPG
Great collection, Lars! I wasn't really sure if the head colour variants were real, but presumably you are satisfied that they are indeed all genuinely different and not simply starting to discolour? Would it be possible to have a close-up photo showing the colour difference of both the heads and the legs? Your photos are good, but a little bit grainy, as if a flash wasn't used?

As ever, I am always keen to learn about new variants that look different from one another, so if Yak also has true variants, I'm interested! :)

Sadly, I do know Yak's body is prone to discolouration as I actually have a 4th loose Yak which is starting to change colour, but only at the front and only on his right-hand side :-(

Yuck Face 01.jpg

Yuck Face 02.jpg

Yuck Face 03.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
poncho said:
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

tatsie i believe

No I was not thinking about him :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
A was thinking PGowdy, had or has loads if I remember correctly.

Correct, I was thinking about PGowdy, I do not remember why he is not here anymore, but I remember that I talked with him sometimes and he had a huge yak face collection.

Any one who remember why is not here anymore and where he is ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

P1170233.JPG

P1170234.JPG

P1170235.JPG
Great collection, Lars! I wasn't really sure if the head colour variants were real, but presumably you are satisfied that they are indeed all genuinely different and not simply starting to discolour? Would it be possible to have a close-up photo showing the colour difference of both the heads and the legs? Your photos are good, but a little bit grainy, as if a flash wasn't used?

As ever, I am always keen to learn about new variants that look different from one another, so if Yak also has true variants, I'm interested! :)

Sadly, I do know Yak's body is prone to discolouration as I actually have a 4th loose Yak which is starting to change colour, but only at the front and only on his right-hand side :-(

Yuck Face 01.jpg

Yuck Face 02.jpg

Yuck Face 03.jpg

Thanks mate for the kind words, I am also not sure about the head colours are real, some say they are and others say it is discolour :? I try to keep my mind open, I am sure that some would also have said 15 or 20 years ago poch figures with pale hands also is discolour today we look after the pale hands to ID them :lol: the same with melt marks etc. etc. Sure I can try to take some close-up pictures, finally we got some rain when I took the picture so it was dark and maybe why the picture is grainy :? I never use the flash, I try to use sunligt but it does not always work when it rain :lol:

Sorry to read you have a 4th discolour, I also have one where the chest is beginning to change :( A friend of mine had 10 yak faces a few years ago, he had them with him when he visited me and we comapred them with mine to look after difference or new variants between them. They were the same as the 2 that I have, also the no coo was the same.

I remember there was a link about it on tig a few years ago http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3858-yak-face-white-head

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
Cardbackkid said:
Pomse2001 said:
sorry to read your dad is selling, so are you buying some of his items ? :wink:

I'm going to keep one or two pieces but there's so many to choose from lol :D

Nice, any special pieces ? :D maybe you so lucky so your dad also give you something for free :wink:

Yeah he lots of really nice mocs ... oh and he wouldn't charge me a penny for them he actually said they are my inheritance but I'd rather him sell them and enjoy the cash while he can

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Cardbackkid said:
Pomse2001 said:
Cardbackkid said:
I'm going to keep one or two pieces but there's so many to choose from lol :D

Nice, any special pieces ? :D maybe you so lucky so your dad also give you something for free :wink:

Yeah he lots of really nice mocs ... oh and he wouldn't charge me a penny for them he actually said they are my inheritance but I'd rather him sell them and enjoy the cash while he can

Sounds like you are a good kid, also nice of your dad to offer them to you for free :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
Here's mine

DSC05721.JPG

Wow, wow, wow, wow :shock: one of my favorite moc. I also hope that I one day have the money for such a cool moc :D Thanks mate for sharing a picture of that ****ing cool moc, it looks awesome 8)

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Thanks Lars, I don't really think he's that cool but since the thread didn't have a trilogo moc I felt like it needed posting.

I also had a yak as a child but my best mate conned me out of it when we were kids and the bastard won't give it back!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Clarkspie&chips said:
Thanks Lars, I don't really think he's that cool but since the thread didn't have a trilogo moc I felt like it needed posting.

I also had a yak as a child but my best mate conned me out of it when we were kids and the bastard won't give it back!
:lol:
Lovely example of a TL Yak, really nice!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:

I guess we all have our favorites :lol: :wink:

Sorry to read that you can't get your childhood yak back :( You can always try to give him an offer that he can't refuse :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom