SWTOTW, Week 47, 2018, Part 1/2 Imperial Dignitary

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
That bubble looks nearly clear, nice one!
And the loose one has a perfect nose, had to find like that these days.
Thanks. Yes, there is a slight tint to the bubble, but it could also be a lot worse! And as for the nose, what a design flaw by Kenner! :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
Thanks. Yes, there is a slight tint to the bubble, but it could also be a lot worse! And as for the nose, what a design flaw by Kenner! :lol:

Probably the clearest bubble I've seen for an Imperial Dignitary! Very nice! 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
StarWarsFan said:
Despite what a lot of people say about this figure I have always liked it. Was one of my first last 17 figures, only last 17 I have boxed and had a few join the ranks of my Imperial Army

Wow 14 loose imperial dignitary :shock: amazing and I thought I was a army builder :lol: Wow I think you are the first guy I have talked to that like that figure :lol: but there should be toy for all of us, some like one figure and others like another figure :wink: It looks great with all of them standing together :D I can see you also have gunners, now I can't wait to the imperial gunner thread :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
OK, Lars, so you have chosen Kenner's Old Woman for us this week then, eh? ;-)

I know a lot of people pour scorn on the Imperial Dignitary, and I have to say that I agree it is indeed a crap choice for a child's action figure, since it has all the action and excitement of a brick. However, I am also a bit of a fan of the figure from a collector's standpoint. Firstly, it's certainly bright and colourful, and stands out in any figure display, but also I'm still stunned to this day that Kenner bothered to make it at all! I'm glad they did, but I can't believe it sold in huge numbers! Perhaps they thought it would compliment the Imperial Shuttle and boost sales of that?

Anyway, here are mine. Another POTF like Nick's and Steve's, plus a loose complete with nose! :lol:

Imperial Old Woman - 01.jpg
The really weird thing about my Dignitary is that when flash photographed (like below), the torso suddenly looks discoloured:

Imperial Old Woman - 02a.jpg
However, when viewed in other light, it looks like this... perfect (I have tweaked this in Photoshop to show how it looks without a flash):

Imperial Old Woman - 02b.jpg
I can only assume there is some discolouration to the torso, but (thankfully) it is for now quite subtle and requires really bright light to show it up. Does anyone else have this issue with their Imperial Grandmas? :? :lol:

Kenner's Old Woman, Imperial Grandmas :lol: I love it :lol:

I never understood why kenner made the figure, but I agree the colour is great :D I never knew any kids who had one when I was a kid and I have only found a few in danish childhood lots, I have found many more anakin that imperial dignitary :shock:

discolouration to the torso, I found one some years ago in a childhood lot, if I remember correct it was beginning to change to purple green or something like that :lol:

Great collection of imperial dignitary that you have, thanks for sharing them :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here are my Imperial Dignitary collection.

2 different no coo variants

01.JPG

02.JPG

the potf coin

04.JPG

a Tri-logo bubble is not sealed and I have placed one of my loose figures behind the bubble so it looks better :D

03.JPG

Another tri-logo cardback where one of my loose figures stand in front of it

05.JPG

and last another tri-logo, bubble it crushed in the bottom and figure can be removed, I bought it like that with a imperial dignitary figure on the card with a broken nose :roll: all the cards are with danish price stickers 8)

06.JPG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
A nice selection of Old ladies you have Lars, but for the life of me I can't see any difference between those two, can you explain?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
StarWarsFan said:
Despite what a lot of people say about this figure I have always liked it. Was one of my first last 17 figures, only last 17 I have boxed and had a few join the ranks of my Imperial Army

Wow 14 loose imperial dignitary :shock: amazing and I thought I was a army builder :lol: Wow I think you are the first guy I have talked to that like that figure :lol: but there should be toy for all of us, some like one figure and others like another figure :wink: It looks great with all of them standing together :D I can see you also have gunners, now I can't wait to the imperial gunner thread :lol:

:lol: cheers mate have another one for my complete set of figures near mint don't have on display would show it but in a tin somewhere. Will post when I find it :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
A nice selection of Old ladies you have Lars, but for the life of me I can't see any difference between those two, can you explain?

It is the no coo that is different, but it is a very little difference. But I have found more than one of both. There could be more out there :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
StarWarsFan said:
Pomse2001 said:
StarWarsFan said:

:lol: cheers mate have another one for my complete set of figures near mint don't have on display would show it but in a tin somewhere. Will post when I find it :)

Yes please post it, can't wait :wink: :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I think there is some disgraceful behaviour towards this beautiful figure on this thread - we're discussing Imp Dig in depth on next podcast and I've fallen a little in love with him the last few weeks. Easily a top three figure from the entire collection

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I like the look of those POTF Mocs. It is a shite figure though. He's like the Emperors personal assistant or butler or something. Kind of pointless for kids, he can't even hold a blaster..! I bought one literally last week. I have to say I do quite like the overall sculpt and colour.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:

Probably the clearest bubble I've seen for an Imperial Dignitary! Very nice! 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:

01.JPG

02.JPG

the potf coin

04.JPG

a Tri-logo bubble is not sealed and I have placed one of my loose figures behind the bubble so it looks better :D

03.JPG

05.JPG

and last another tri-logo, bubble it crushed in the bottom and figure can be removed, I bought it like that with a imperial dignitary figure on the card with a broken nose :roll: all the cards are with danish price stickers 8)

06.JPG
That's another great selection, Lars! Thanks for sharing :)

Any chance of showing a close-up of the 2 different no COO's? I may not collect them, but they're still interesting to see, especially when there aren't any other obvious differences between the figure variants for the purple-rinsed old dear ;-)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

01.JPG

02.JPG

the potf coin

04.JPG

03.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG
That's another great selection, Lars! Thanks for sharing :)

Any chance of showing a close-up of the 2 different no COO's? I may not collect them, but they're still interesting to see, especially when there aren't any other obvious differences between the figure variants for the purple-rinsed old dear ;-)

Thanks mate for the kind words :D A few years ago I made this little guide see the link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24368&p=330999#p330984 and if you want to learn more about some of the other figures and potf figures then here is another link to the guide we did http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23894 but the guide is far from done. If you look at luke stormie then you can see the 3 different no coo is much easier to spot http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24209

Some coo and no coo is also better to spot with magnifying glass, a friend told me that. It is also good to use magnifying glass to spot different details on the figures and weapons :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks mate for the kind words :D A few years ago I made this little guide see the link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24368&p=330999#p330984 and if you want to learn more about some of the other figures and potf figures then here is another link to the guide we did http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23894 but the guide is far from done. If you look at luke stormie then you can see the 3 different no coo is much easier to spot http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24209

Some coo and no coo is also better to spot with magnifying glass, a friend told me that. It is also good to use magnifying glass to spot different details on the figures and weapons :lol:
Thanks, Lars! Those links are really great :)

spoons

Grand Master
I've always liked this figure as an adult but would have hated it as a kid

Nice examples chaps

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks, Lars! Those links are really great :)

Your Welcome, I did them with jeff, but we have not done some for a long time. But I hope you can use them. I hope we will find some time in the future to do some more work, others are also welcome to add info in the threads :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom