Farthest From, Vintage Star Wars Collector Toy Show, December 2018, Fordingbridge, Hampshire.

David Tree

Jedi Master
Last call for meal bookings.

As all the food is freshly made and prepared, we have to know how many we are needing to cater for :)

Join us for an evening of entertainment and delicious food.
As part of our schedule, we begin with a pre-dinner screening of a one hour documentary of Empire Day IV, a Star Wars Collectors Convention held Watford back on 9th of June 1996 where some 3,000 pre-internet/ pre-facebook fans and collectors assembled for the biggest UK Star Wars show at that point.

Post Dinner, we continue our programme with our Commercial Reel, 10 years ago All The Cool Stuff undertook a project that collected and digitized many of the original Star Wars UK toy commercials by Palitoy. As part of that research, many commercials that had Star Wars/ Lucasfilm influence were also logged, but very few were included within the project (those that were included were 'Easter Eggs' and included Burtons Biscuits, Signal Toothpaste and Atari for example).
As part of the Fantha Tracks Christmas Dinner Event, we will be showcasing a one off reel of some of these television adverts, plus the odd British classics. You might remember some, you may not recall others, but if you are fan of the late 70's and early 80's era, you will appreciate seeing what impact Star Wars had on the advertising culture in Great Britian back then.

Mark Newbold will host a Making Tracks interview with Ross Sambridge, the 7'.1" actor who helped breathe life into Snoke.

Martin and David take Star Wars Author and Collector Gus Lopez for a Question and Answer session with Fantha Chat, plus we have a few additional games and surprises lined up along the way.

Book your ticket by midnight here:

https://allthecoolstuff.co.uk/collections/star-wars-weekend

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Darth Bobby said:
Got to work on Sunday, gutted I won't make it down. Have a great time everyone!
I can't make this one either.
Have a great weekend all that attend, enjoy the meal this evening.
Post some pictures if possible.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Facebook:-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156701040070149&type=1&l=474e05e4f4

Google:-

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HdctHXAQA3ojLaRDA

Pics from this weekend!

cheers Jason

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
mr_palitoy said:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156701040070149&type=1&l=474e05e4f4

Pics from this weekend!

cheers Jason
Saw these on FB, looked a great FF.
Thanks for going to the trouble of posting these.

coomber75

Sith Lord
looks a great day... stunning tri logo jawa and a nice bit of die cast too :roll: i will get tyere one day!!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
My third Xmas dinner and Xmas evening event and it was a country mile ahead of those I've been to before.
The talks were engaging; both Gus Lopez and Ross Sambridge (Snoke body actor) as well as a very humorous end to the evening putting Gus head to head with Jez and Stuart in a game of Blockbusters!

The Sunday was a good event, but far quieter on than before, which was a real shame as the traders were probably in greater numbers than I've seen for at least a couple of years. Jason Joiner put out a very nice tribute to Gary Kurtz with a displayed business card against a black matte board and a genuine Cast & Crew Norwegian unit coat from the Finse shoot; many folk were invited to try it on and have photos too - a true gem and a very rare experience to see, let along hold/touch or even wear!

As ever a great 48hrs and always worth travelling to; I'm blessed with the distance being short, but for guys coming from Newcastle (or Seattle) it does suggest despite being Farthest From (anywhere) it is always worth the trip!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
The Sunday was a good event, but far quieter on than before, which was a real shame as the traders were probably in greater numbers than I've seen for at least a couple of years.

I guess it's hard to tell but I actually thought it seemed busier than the last one, for longer anyway. I left at 1.30 and it was still pretty busy, I'm sure the last one I went to in the summer was a lot quieter by the same time.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
This was my first ever stay over and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The presentations On Saturday evening were great, especially the talk by Gus. He made his history of collecting so fresh and interesting, I could have listened to him for hours. The night was made even better by everyone there. It was great to meet many people I only knew from online and the podcast.

The Sunday was great as always. I was a bit more careful with my spending but I couldn't resist a signed copy of Gus' book on prototypes. Without the risk of going a bit fan boy, he was such a lovely guy to talk to. Many thanks to Dave for organising such a superb weekend!

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Back from the second trip to FF, I can say I enjoyed the x-mas show that much (went there early this year in April, which was a lot of fun as well).
This time, I took a flight, which was a bit more comfortable and not that time wasting than doing the complete trip by car from near Cologne to Fordingbridge. Even though driving the rental car from LHR to FB was a complete horror for me (used to drive with a steering wheel on the left, on the right lane), but I managed it without a crash (even a few times it was close :roll: ).

The Saturday evening dinner was so much fun for me. The meal was tasty and the programme led by Dave was a good fun. Not to forget the great talk from Gus, which was a bit like a sermon for the essence of collecting.
Needless to say the sunday event was stunning. So much great stuff to see. Also got some bits with me (2 lose, incomplete figures, a cardback, two MOCs, a Han Towel from Steve Savory(my second one), socks (yes!) and a nice patch from the charity auction).

But best thing was to meet up with all the nice guys from here. You have such a great community.
Also a big thank you from here to Dave to make this show possible over and over again.

Hope at some point of my collecting I will able to get my hands on the rare Lambada-Shuttle. :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Plastikheld said:
Back from the second trip to FF, I can say I enjoyed the x-mas show that much (went there early this year in April, which was a lot of fun as well).
This time, I took a flight, which was a bit more comfortable and not that time wasting than doing the complete trip by car from near Cologne to Fordingbridge. Even though driving the rental car from LHR to FB was a complete horror for me (used to drive with a steering wheel on the left, on the right lane), but I managed it without a crash (even a few times it was close :roll: ).

The Saturday evening dinner was so much fun for me. The meal was tasty and the programme led by Dave was a good fun. Not to forget the great talk from Gus, which was a bit like a sermon for the essence of collecting.
Needless to say the sunday event was stunning. So much great stuff to see. Also got some bits with me (2 lose, incomplete figures, a cardback, two MOCs, a Han Towel from Steve Savory(my second one), socks (yes!) and a nice patch from the charity auction).

But best thing was to meet up with all the nice guys from here. You have such a great community.
Also a big thank you from here to Dave to make this show possible over and over again.

Hope at some point of my collecting I will able to get my hands on the rare Lambada-Shuttle. :lol:

Thanks for the wampa poo, I enjoyed it :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Plastikheld said:

Great to see you again and thanks for the packaged poo. Not often I can say that!

The Saturday was really good. My new BFF Snoke and (my new Pokemon Go friend :lol: ) Gus's talks were brilliant, informative and entertaining. There was a really good atmosphere in the hall this year despite numbers being lower than previous years. Really enjoyed it.

Sunday was great. Lots of dealer tables, big and small. True rarities were thin on the ground and whilst I found it relatively easy not to spend up to lunchtime, I weakened after lunch and ended up with an armful of goodies from Mark D, Martin, Christian, Stefan and last and by all means least, a load of utter crap from Stu.

Whilst there was no made rush and numbers may have been down, I also thought that it didn't tail off early like a couple of previous shows. It was good fun and great to see so many from here.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I really wanted to make it to the Saturday evening, the xmas FF beers are brilliant and I love to catch up with everyone but events at hoe prevented that.

Set off at 5am on Sunday morning, probably when most of you lot were headed to bed, and got there for 8.30am.

Lee wasn't with me this time as he's taken a break from trading so it's just me from now on. It's a long journey on your own but luckily I had the Rogue One soundtrack on full blast to keep me company :)

Definitely quieter this time compared to other shows BUT that did not make it any difference in terms of the buzz. Always good to see so many mates, and made a couple of new ones too.

Must say a massive thank you to David Aitken and Christian Somma for my pick ups :)

Long live FF.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom