Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffius

Sith Lord
TK423 said:
Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome!

Here's my official presentation.

Name: David
Residence: Paris, France
Born : Beverley, Humberside
Kids: 2 Boys
Pets: Small Black dog named Sam

I got into re-collecting Star Wars figures and ships a few months back having owned quite a lot of stuff when I was a kid in the early to mid-eighties. I sold it all off (including a Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker) for about 30 or 40 quid when I was a teenager except for the Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder and a Y-Wing > All boxed.

I've recently acquired quite a few figures as well as a nice AT-ST with original stickers an' all :)

Cheers,
David

Welcome David and all recent joiners. Its a great place to be for SW figure goodness. :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TK423 said:
Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome!

Here's my official presentation.

Name: David
Residence: Paris, France
Born : Beverley, Humberside
Kids: 2 Boys
Pets: Small Black dog named Sam

I got into re-collecting Star Wars figures and ships a few months back having owned quite a lot of stuff when I was a kid in the early to mid-eighties. I sold it all off (including a Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker) for about 30 or 40 quid when I was a teenager except for the Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder and a Y-Wing > All boxed.

I've recently acquired quite a few figures as well as a nice AT-ST with original stickers an' all :)

Cheers,
David

Welcome David :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Taffius said:
Taffius said:
Known as: Taff
Relationship status: Married
Children: None

Collecting focus: Would like to collect some of my childhood figures (ROTJ) for display on shelves around my man cave. Did have a previous spell of collecting during my mid 30s but sold them off. New films got me nostalgic again!

Modern items appealing but got to focus on what I would like to view whilst chilling in my space. Do not trust popular online auction sites so seeking original and authentic figures even if play worn a bit. Original weapons, etc, a must.

Regrets: Not buying more MOC figures from a car boot stall in WSM during the mid 90s. He had hundreds!

Always open to experienced advice and guidance and joined this forum for such prior to restart.

Taff

Well its nearly been a year since restarting my collection and today I become a forum Jedi Master. My Christmas is complete! :lol:
Do you look back on this and reflect how your collecting has evolved?

Taffius

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Taffius said:
Taffius said:
Known as: Taff
Relationship status: Married
Children: None

Collecting focus: Would like to collect some of my childhood figures (ROTJ) for display on shelves around my man cave. Did have a previous spell of collecting during my mid 30s but sold them off. New films got me nostalgic again!

Modern items appealing but got to focus on what I would like to view whilst chilling in my space. Do not trust popular online auction sites so seeking original and authentic figures even if play worn a bit. Original weapons, etc, a must.

Regrets: Not buying more MOC figures from a car boot stall in WSM during the mid 90s. He had hundreds!

Always open to experienced advice and guidance and joined this forum for such prior to restart.

Taff

Well its nearly been a year since restarting my collection and today I become a forum Jedi Master. My Christmas is complete! :lol:
Do you look back on this and reflect how your collecting has evolved?

Mini I did! Flip flop comes to mind. :D

Nottsey

Padawan
Hi, thought it was about time I properly introduced myself.

Name: Sophie
Residence: South Wales
Kids: 2
Pets: Cat

I recently brought my 'toys' out of retirement to show the kids. Was really pleased at how good they still looked...especially when I compare them to the toys my kids play with today. :roll: I could never sell all of my collection but am looking to sell a few figures and then look at buying some pieces with an Empire Strikes Back focus as thats my favourite film.

Have really liked how people are willing to share advice/knowledge on here. :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Nottsey said:
Hi, thought it was about time I properly introduced myself.

Name: Sophie
Residence: South Wales
Kids: 2
Pets: Cat

I recently brought my 'toys' out of retirement to show the kids. Was really pleased at how good they still looked...especially when I compare them to the toys my kids play with today. :roll: I could never sell all of my collection but am looking to sell a few figures and then look at buying some pieces with an Empire Strikes Back focus as thats my favourite film.

Have really liked how people are willing to share advice/knowledge on here. :D

Welcome to the forum Sophie 8)

Jaxxon

Jedi Knight
Hello all,
My first post, so I should introduce myself:
Name: Simon
Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!
Residence: New Forest
Collecting Focus: Initially finishing off my loose 3 3/4" collection (namely Blue Snaggletooth, variations & Droids and Ewoks)

Looking forward to chat and advice from fellow forum members.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
s1d0w said:
Hello all,
Collecting Focus: Initially finishing off my loose 3 3/4" collection (namely Blue Snaggletooth, variations & Droids and Ewoks)

Welcome Simon, you really couldn't live in a better place for the best vintage show in the UK, and it's a lovely place to live as well. :D
If you haven't yet get yourself to "Farthest From" in Fordingbridge, can't recommend it enough.
Enjoy your time here.

Jaxxon

Jedi Knight
Mini99 said:
Welcome Simon, you really couldn't live in a better place for the best vintage show in the UK, and it's a lovely place to live as well. :D
If you haven't yet get yourself to "Farthest From" in Fordingbridge, can't recommend it enough.
Enjoy your time here.

Thank you. Visited Farthest From on Sunday and had a great time. Looking forward to the next one.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
s1d0w said:
Hello all,

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum mate, lots of nice people on here :D

Taffius

Sith Lord
s1d0w said:
Hello all,

Hi Simon. Welcome and FF on your doorstep! Handy a few times a year!

Taffius

Sith Lord
Todays a special day for me today. Its my SWF 1st Anniversary.

Ok, I have more modern than vintage currently.

However finding items and good value I think is at the heart of some other collections too.

So much more planned on the horizon but wanted to post how great its been on here and how many fellow collectors I owe a great big thanks to. So many great people met and some I have not had the privilage to meet face to face yet.

It all started here so thanks Edd and all the other contributers for making it such an awesome place to be!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Taffius said:

However finding items and good value I think is at the heart of some other collections too.

So much more planned on the horizon but wanted to post how great its been on here and how many fellow collectors I owe a great big thanks to. So many great people met and some I have not had the privilage to meet face to face yet.

It all started here so thanks Edd and all the other contributers for making it such an awesome place to be!

Happy Anniversary Taff 8)

Taffius

Sith Lord
Ruby2511 said:
Taffius said:

Happy Anniversary Taff 8)

Cheers Russ. Its been a great year! :D

Phil2174

Hi all
I've recently been left a starwars collection that I now wish to sell. I am now doing some research as to what I've actually got.

Cheers
Phil

cmoorhouse

Ey up all,

I have been a lurker on the forum for the last couple of years now, gradually building up a focused collection on Evilbay and the FB groups. Have used the SWFUK for a lot of cross referencing, and hoping to gte more involved in the ongoing discussions to further my knowledge of the hobby and its endless facets!!

Started collecting again after leaving the hobby and selling my original collection back in 2000. Focusing on what I thought initially would be an easy choice on mail away offer mailers, and all related items. How little I knew then lol!! the breadth of this 'niche' focus is crazy. Still lots to learn but hope to pull to eventually pull together a collection with items from all of the vintage markets. Baby steps!

Attached is a group shot taken recently of the mail away items Ive snagged to date, not included are supporting offer adverts / cardbacks / catalogues / manufacturer letters etc.

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,161
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom