Haslab Khetanna

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Looks great, just a shame that they're not bothering with the UK/European market.....

Sure I've read they're going to do UK/Euro as a phase 2. Not something I'd want to own myself, but interesting to see the new way of working unfold for them as a business.

Massively risk adverse and profit protecting, while convincing folk they're getting something special/exclusive at the same time.

Clever marketing/business model all round

lejackal

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
lejackal said:
Looks great, just a shame that they're not bothering with the UK/European market.....

Sure I've read they're going to do UK/Euro as a phase 2. Not something I'd want to own myself, but interesting to see the new way of working unfold for them as a business.

Massively risk adverse and profit protecting, while convincing folk they're getting something special/exclusive at the same time.

Clever marketing/business model all round
Clever indeed, if it were to nose dive the cost to Hasbro would be minimal.

Sadly here's a link to an article suggesting that we won't be getting it, although it is very much 3rd hand information.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2018-12-11-jabbas-sail-barge-not-coming-to-the-uk-and-europe/?fbclid=IwAR0T1NU6gSFA0mskJcXPysoItR1Av8uvj7Mp8aCQmMS71ig3ZKUttfOjJrU

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
I'm just glad I don't have the space for it as it looks stunning! :D

Ian

Me to :lol: :lol:

I agree it is a stunning piece and the detailing is amazing 8) 8)

lambis500

Padawan
Well the end product looks fantastic that much I will say...
But I'm still angry that Hasbro & Steve Evan's especially (I know he's moved on,But with his history and being british) Can come up with a very clever initiative, And not include all global collector's. Or at the very least be more open about why not.
I hope anybody that did manage to get one,Gets it in perfect condition & without issue...

chiffy

Sith Lord
I really cannot wait for this bad boy and have a space reserved in the man cave already for it altho' with all the stuff ive bought pre xmas, and having to wait to put the decorations back in the walls in the loft so i can display new stuff, i dont know if there will be said room now. Anyways, who cares, aslong as it comes minty mint, which it should as a friend is sending me it over, i dont care, it looks amazing.

Taffius

Sith Lord
chiffy said:
I really cannot wait for this bad boy and have a space reserved in the man cave already for it altho' with all the stuff ive bought pre xmas, and having to wait to put the decorations back in the walls in the loft so i can display new stuff, i dont know if there will be said room now. Anyways, who cares, aslong as it comes minty mint, which it should as a friend is sending me it over, i dont care, it looks amazing.

Will be great to see mate when you get it. Whats the eta?

chiffy

Sith Lord
Mid Feb is release apparently so give it an extra couple of weeks to get over to the uk. Only thing is i dont open my stuff so wont be much detail of the inside or the Yak im afraid.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
As per the article here http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_HasLab_Update_182744.asp, apparently Hasbro are planning to go with a box design which opens by pulling tabs. It isn't entirely clear, however it sounds like it might mean it can be opened and closed again seamlessly. Here's the quote:

"We're also deep into interior and exterior packaging development. We are constructing and testing our interior packout, so the barge is easy to access and also protected for when it is shipped to you. We're implementing a new way to open the box using tabs instead of glued and taped edges. This allows easier access to the barge. Instead of sliding it out of a traditional box, you "unwrap" the barge, revealing the accessory tray, polystyrene protected hull, Jabba Figure, and the exclusive Yak Face on Power of the Force cardback with collectable coin!"

Regardless of whether the box actually can be opened and closed again seamlessly however, I will be opening my Khetanna and displaying it, so even if no-one else does, I will post pictures of mine here on SWFUK.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Looking forward to seeing yours on display when it arrives.
The box closing will be interesting to see as well.

poncho

Grand Master
i think something of that detail should be opened displayed for the price. i look forward to seeing the pictures :)

is yak available as a standalone moc or is in this set only?

poncho

Grand Master
poncho said:
i think something of that detail should be opened displayed for the price. i look forward to seeing the pictures :)

ahh it is a exclusive my bad :oops:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
poncho said:
poncho said:

ahh it is a exclusive my bad :oops:
It's exclusive to the Khetanna in POTF packaging, complete with coin and with the name 'Yak Face' on the card. However, the exact same figure, minus the coin, will also be available in ROJ packaging with the name 'Saelt Marae' (see below). Hope that helps :)

Yak Face.jpg

Saelt Marae.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's a good size comparison pic showing just how massive the Khetanna is. The Falcon is the BMF version, and it's enormous! :-D

Size Comparison.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom