SWTOTW, Week 1, 2019, Part 2/2 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) (Droids)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
This was my one. I bought if with the intention of originally breaking him free of his case.

I was a bit too quick on the draw when I purchased him and didn't notice the slight chip in the dome. I was interested to know if AFA had graded him 75 with the chip or whether he had sustained it afterwards. He doesn't move around in the case and when I contacted AFA they said that, while they couldn't disclose information of that nature to me even though he was now in my possession (note UKG will disclose), they did say that a chip of this nature could be a possible reason for scoring a 75 and it could theoretically have scored higher without.

Well to cut a long story short I decided he didn't really fit in my collection even though I do like both the Droids R2 and C3PO, so I decided to sell him to fund my failed DSD 20 Back MOC purchase. The money was finally put to good use in the recent purchase of my 12 Back DSC. :D

Nice Droid you had, sorry to read you sold it, but I am glad you got something cool for the money 8)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
I'm surprised that he graded 75% with that clip to the dome.
Would have thought it would be more like a 60%?
Glad to hear that you managed to turn him into something that you wanted.
Yes, it was a shame they couldn't be more definitive than that. I was surprised to learn that too, but I wanted to know ahead of selling it in case anyone asked me.

Attachments

• D39487F5-733E-428C-84DE-F36B29C2F4D1.jpeg
    D39487F5-733E-428C-84DE-F36B29C2F4D1.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 894

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great graded example even with the chip but I'm also surprised at the grade. Also isn't it a bit odd that AFA won't disclose any grading info?! They know these things change hands so why on earth would they not let you know, maybe there aren't any notes when they grade but didn't want to admit it. :roll:

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Agreed, 75% does seem a generous grade. Mind you, in all other respects the figure looks lovely.

Thanks for sharing the pictures anyway :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom