UK Modern SW news and views podcast

Taffius

Sith Lord
Well I have done some trial podcast recording runs and they are pants.

Need decent recording gear, an interesting guest or two and more sound bites.

I have tried and will keep experimenting but I am afraid to say its not to any standard that I am happy with yet. Very sorry if you were expecting something sooner.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Taff, I'm sure everyone here will agree with me, ignore the glimmer and gold of grandeur and shiny things and do not be disheartened at all. Most of us are mature enough not to be captivated by flashy things but good discussions and conversations. Start small, and build a good foundation then grow :shock:

I'm sure many here will support you and be happy to share advice and ideas, pm on its way.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Sundancer Squadron said:
Taff, I'm sure everyone here will agree with me, ignore the glimmer and gold of grandeur and shiny things and do not be disheartened at all. Most of us are mature enough not to be captivated by flashy things but good discussions and conversations. Start small, and build a good foundation then grow :shock:

I'm sure many here will support you and be happy to share advice and ideas, pm on its way.

Sundancer - many thanks again for the support and kind words. New equipment aquired so will be testing and adjusting that soon. Weekly podcast might also be a tadge ambitious!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Agreed! Content is far more important than flashy bells and whistles. God knows how many YouTubers I've watched who focus far too much on sharp looking intro graphics and music over actually having something worthwhile to say. Besides, you can bet that Led Zeppelin's first recordings were pretty poor compared to what they went on to produce. Don't be disheartened, mate.
Chris

Taffius

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Agreed! Content is far more important than flashy bells and whistles. God knows how many YouTubers I've watched who focus far too much on sharp looking intro graphics and music over actually having something worthwhile to say. Besides, you can bet that Led Zeppelin's first recordings were pretty poor compared to what they went on to produce. Don't be disheartened, mate.
Chris

Cheers Chris. Better get on with it then! :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Taff is you want to have a Skype one evening I'm happy to go through a few things we do on TVR and what we use.

Weekly podcast will honestly be tricky, not sure what length your aiming for but recording and editing process can take time depending on what you're doing and how polished you want it to be.

Also I would start looking at a podcast hosting service and get it linked to iTunes, your first show will go through some inspections and takes a while to be accepted, think from the time we finished to actually getting released with first show was nearly a month.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Taff is you want to have a Skype one evening I'm happy to go through a few things we do on TVR and what we use.

Weekly podcast will honestly be tricky, not sure what length your aiming for but recording and editing process can take time depending on what you're doing and how polished you want it to be.

Also I would start looking at a podcast hosting service and get it linked to iTunes, your first show will go through some inspections and takes a while to be accepted, think from the time we finished to actually getting released with first show was nearly a month.

Cheers Stu. That is very kind and welcomed. Its a date! Be in touch soon then.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
Stuart Skinner said:

Cheers Stu. That is very kind and welcomed. Its a date! Be in touch soon then.

No worries mate x

Taffius

Sith Lord
Well I have had some great podcasting advice and mentoring from the Grand Master himself tonight and still plugging away at it.

Tweaks here and there but its moving (albeit slowly during development!)

Thanks to members of TVR, I might not be that far off (or he was being kind to me! :lol: )

Thanks again Stuart and Peter...very kind and generous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom