Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Phil2174 said:
Hi all
I've recently been left a starwars collection that I now wish to sell. I am now doing some research as to what I've actually got.

Cheers
Phil

Hi phil, welcome to the forum. Good luck with the sale :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
cmoorhouse said:
Ey up all,

I have been a lurker on the forum for the last couple of years now, gradually building up a focused collection on Evilbay and the FB groups. Have used the SWFUK for a lot of cross referencing, and hoping to gte more involved in the ongoing discussions to further my knowledge of the hobby and its endless facets!!

Started collecting again after leaving the hobby and selling my original collection back in 2000. Focusing on what I thought initially would be an easy choice on mail away offer mailers, and all related items. How little I knew then lol!! the breadth of this 'niche' focus is crazy. Still lots to learn but hope to pull to eventually pull together a collection with items from all of the vintage markets. Baby steps!

Attached is a group shot taken recently of the mail away items Ive snagged to date, not included are supporting offer adverts / cardbacks / catalogues / manufacturer letters etc.

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris, nice collection. Frank is the big baggie and mail away collector on the forum. I am sure you can talk with him if you need some help with your collection :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
cmoorhouse said:
Ey up all,

I have been a lurker on the forum for the last couple of years now, gradually building up a focused collection on Evilbay and the FB groups. Have used the SWFUK for a lot of cross referencing, and hoping to gte more involved in the ongoing discussions to further my knowledge of the hobby and its endless facets!!

Started collecting again after leaving the hobby and selling my original collection back in 2000. Focusing on what I thought initially would be an easy choice on mail away offer mailers, and all related items. How little I knew then lol!! the breadth of this 'niche' focus is crazy. Still lots to learn but hope to pull to eventually pull together a collection with items from all of the vintage markets. Baby steps!

Attached is a group shot taken recently of the mail away items Ive snagged to date, not included are supporting offer adverts / cardbacks / catalogues / manufacturer letters etc.

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris

Welcome, Chris. Awesome mailer collection! Please do start a showcase here:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=2

And please, please start with those three Palitoy mailer boxes you have front and centre :D Love seeing what's out there. Survival kit mailer on the right? Never seen a posted one before :mrgreen:

poncho

Grand Master
Wow look all that white and brown goodness as per above comment. Do a showcase thread fella and welcome aboard

TK-7785

Jedi Master
cmoorhouse said:
Ey up all,

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris

Welcome, Chris. Fantastic mailer collection. Would love to see it in more detail when you get the chance.

Chris

Taffius

Sith Lord
Phil2174 said:
Hi all
I've recently been left a starwars collection that I now wish to sell. I am now doing some research as to what I've actually got.

Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil. Best place to be then! :D

Taffius

Sith Lord
cmoorhouse said:

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris

Hi Chris and welcome. Cant wait to see all this in greater detail! :D

Mabawsa

Youngling
Name: Richy
Single/married: Married
Residence: Scottish Borders
Kids: Yes
Pets: 3 dogs
Collecting Focus: Just picking up a few items I had as a kid.
Character Focus: none
Wants list: A good Millenium Falcon and Compulsion Gallery items. My aunt is leaving me the large Darth Vadar in her will, so would be nice to pick up a few others.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Mabawsa said:
Name: Richy
Residence: Scottish Borders
Kids: Yes
Pets: 3 dogs
Collecting Focus: Just picking up a few items I had as a kid.
Character Focus: none
Wants list: A good Millenium Falcon and Compulsion Gallery items. My aunt is leaving me the large Darth Vadar in her will, so would be nice to pick up a few others.

Hi Richy, welcome to the forum mate, lots of nice fellow collectors here, good luck with your collecting :D

titusillu

Youngling
Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to the group:

Name: Titus
Residence: Berlin / Germany
Kids: Boy and Girl
Collecting Focus: Carry Cases and Landspeeder
Character Focus: Stormtrooper
Wants list: right now looking for laser Rifle Case with cardboard box, canadian Vader Case, canadian Vinyl EsB Yoda Case

Life as a freelancer can be pretty stressful, but Star Wars (and some other Toylines of the 80ties mostly) are my retreat. I was mad about the toys as a boy, completed my loose set during student times, but it wasnt until 1998/99 that the collecting actually started. Luckily i got the stuff I really wanted before prices increased.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
titusillu said:

Wants list: right now looking for laser Rifle Case with cardboard box, canadian Vader Case, canadian Vinyl EsB Yoda Case

Life as a freelancer can be pretty stressful, but Star Wars (and some other Toylines of the 80ties mostly) are my retreat. I was mad about the toys as a boy, completed my loose set during student times, but it wasnt until 1998/99 that the collecting actually started. Luckily i got the stuff I really wanted before prices increased.

Hi Titus, welcome to the forum mate :D

Lots of really nice folks on here.....enjoy 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
titusillu said:

Yes, welcome Titus! This forum is a great place with lots of friendly and knowledgeable people, so stick around and enjoy yourself :)

Jeremy

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
titusillu said:
Ahoi mate, great to see you here. To be honest - if you like vintage-forum-action, this is the place to be ... :wink:

waxman

name: Chris
Residence: Austin/Texas
Kids: x2 Girls
Collecting Focus: vintage and new
Character Focus: girls love Ahsoka, my vintage collection skews to Vader

Just joining the group, haven't been actively collecting since the late 90's, and really was most active in the old usenet RASS before star wars got so big they split it into multiple groups. I used to collect mostly loose since I was a poor college kid at the time, but I do have some carded figures, and my oldest convinced me to dig them out tonight. One in particular brought me to your forum- Princess Leia Bespin turtleneck 45 back ROTJ, 45C, Palitoy, with Netherlands/Dutch clipper white sticker as shown on Mr Palitoy https://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/rotj45ccardback.htm. Just seemed really unusual, but I used to trade with a Dutchman in college via the usenet (before ebay) and I acquired the figure from him in 96/97 so I figured I'd ping this European group. Seems like it's a pretty rare figure? Thanks ya'll!

UKS

Jedi Knight
Hello! The post above triggered my registering! I am a very old school Star Wars fan (Posting on theforce.net/Texas A&M since the late nineties!)

I collected my original set of loose figures back... well I never stopped actually. I obviously had a fair few figures from the first time I entered Debenhams looking for Space Britains figures, and finding ESB stuff! I was about 4, and I bought with my birthday money an X-wing, Leia Bespin fatigues, an Ugnaught (or two!) and maybe Luke Skywalker Xwing fatigues. This must have been around xmas 1981? Maybe 1982? I collected pretty much solidly from then until the end of the range. You know, the standard AT-AT for one xmas, a Falcon for another, a TIE interceptor for another! As a poor child I was always into cheap deals at ASDA etc - So I picked up some of the final range off the shelves then. (EV 9D9, Imperial Gunner, Lando General fatigues, Romba etc) then picked up things like the Rancor boxed in Fine Fair for about 3 pound, bags of bagged figures at the same location, a few pound. (Sand people, General Madine, ANH Luke, etc etc) I picked the rest my figures up in the late eighties/early nineties from car boot sales and newspaper ads. Most at rock bottom prices. (10p a Stormtrooper, so picked up about a dozen!)

I put my collection to bed around the mid/late nineties when the new POTF figures came out and they out ran my (feeble!) student spending power! Girls and beer also got in the way...

Fast forward twenty years... I saw an article about the toy store with the large horde of old toys. This has always been my dream! Walking into an Aladdins cave of old toys! This led me to Vectis.

Vectis led me to the darkside. I am now about 30ish MOC(ish) figures into a MOC Star Wars Kenner set.

I've joined the forum (basically) so I can finish that set off. I am trying to not spend mad money on this, but it seems some figures have gotten really pricey MOC.

I am not card precious, as I only ever had one "original back" card as a kid. (Greedo) Mine where mostly ESB, ROTJ and Trilogo. (Luckily I still have a lot of the backs, as I stored them away - With the names cut out alas so I could get my Nien Numb, Ackbar etc!)

Anyway, I am married with children and due to the nature of my work, I stay as "UKS" on the galactic interweb!

Short version for the bored: I am here for reasonably priced carded (real not replica) SW figures.

UKS

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have an impressive collection, hopefully you can complete your moc's here as we have some really great members on here.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom