Modern collection thread

Taffius

Sith Lord
Well apart from three vehicles (I think its Toys R Us exclusive Tie fighter, U Wing and AT-ACT) thats all the figures and vehicles I have (plus duplicates), released as Rogue One waves. Displaying them is next dilemma!

Attachments

• 20181126_143457.jpg
    20181126_143457.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 2,413

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
Well apart from three vehicles (I think its Toys R Us exclusive Tie fighter, U Wing and AT-ACT) thats all the figures and vehicles I have (plus duplicates), released as Rogue One waves. Displaying them is next dilemma!

Nice collection Taff and yep, going to need a few shelves :wink:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Taffius said:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow, that's quite something and I'm sure you're going to need that bed at some point so the quicker you figure out where to display them the better :lol:

Great run though.

Ian

Taffius

Sith Lord
Thanks guys. Thought I would gather them all for a group shot. Only problem is the floor aint as comfy as the bed but the bed looks better! :lol:

I think I started them early in the year so 10 months ish. Still after variants and upgrades but no rush as the rest of them can trickle in from now on.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
In readiness for the arrival of the Khetanna next year, I couldn't resist preparing a companion craft to display alongside it. I hope you like it :)

Skiff 01.jpg

Skiff 02.jpg

Taffius

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
In readiness for the arrival of the Khetanna next year, I couldn't resist preparing a companion craft to display alongside it. I hope you like it :)

Do like it and the planning phase. Not long now to wait for you!

Taffius

Sith Lord
Right, have to get my head around stuff. Compulsive buying is not working! :lol:

Options I have and after a bit of advice.

To fund my habit, do I:

1. Sell modern vehicles and just concentrate on carded modern?
Would save space and raise funds for vintage and modern figures .

2. Cut and run on TVC to raise funds?
Way too many to get and space for display.

3. Sell off any duplicates/spares in collection to raise funds?
Are they required when they are not variants but very hard to part with.

4. All of above?

5. Stop buying modern and focus really hard?

What your thoughts?

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
To fund my habit, do I:

Would save space and raise funds for vintage and modern figures.

Are you enjoying having them? If you are doing it because you feel the pressure to have a complete collection, then likely you are doing it for that reason rather than because you want to enjoy them. "gotta collect them all". I would advise on giving yourself some clear rules. They may be rules you are happy with yet may appear mad to others, but its your collection. Do it your way.

TVC is a really nice collection and the value appears to be decent over time especially on those earlier ones. But if you didnt get them early, theres a LOT to catch up on. I only get the TVC ones that fit into my focuses and I look longingly at those I missed out on worth 5 times the amount... (but happy I keep to MY rules)

Nope. Just wasting space. Sell em..

buy/collect what you enjoy. **** collections unless it keeps you happy. Completing these modern lines should be fairly straightforward, and might be something you complete then store away (for peace of mind). HOWEVER I would recommend getting a carded and loose . That way you can have the collection of figures in a much smaller space knowing you also have them carded.

I hope this helps.. make sure a collection doesnt stress you out.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
naughtyjedi said:
To fund my habit, do I:

Would save space and raise funds for vintage and modern figures.

Are you enjoying having them? If you are doing it because you feel the pressure to have a complete collection, then likely you are doing it for that reason rather than because you want to enjoy them. "gotta collect them all". I would advise on giving yourself some clear rules. They may be rules you are happy with yet may appear mad to others, but its your collection. Do it your way.

TVC is a really nice collection and the value appears to be decent over time especially on those earlier ones. But if you didnt get them early, theres a LOT to catch up on. I only get the TVC ones that fit into my focuses and I look longingly at those I missed out on worth 5 times the amount... (but happy I keep to MY rules)

Nope. Just wasting space. Sell em..

buy/collect what you enjoy. **** collections unless it keeps you happy. Completing these modern lines should be fairly straightforward, and might be something you complete then store away (for peace of mind). HOWEVER I would recommend getting a carded and loose . That way you can have the collection of figures in a much smaller space knowing you also have them carded.

All very sound answers, I'd agree with everyone of them.
Especially the first one "gotta collect them all" is a path to the Dark Side.

Taffius

Sith Lord
naughtyjedi said:

Thankyou very much for the time taken to write put thoughts down. You too Mini.

So, recently, this happened:

1. Concentrated on two lines - Rogue One and TFA. Love the thought of completion even though space for vehicles is tight. Two vehicles left for Rogue One completion but if i have one or five (k2so) i love them all if i am honest.
2. Still obtaining other modern lines if currently cheap but no rush to complete.
3. With my excess figures, one going loose and display, variants or marketing differences being kept. Others will swap out / sell.
4. TVC going. Only keeping Enfys nest - stunner.
5. Vintage loose retain. Jawa army and some mocs gone. Good for funds.

Thanks again for the insight. Always welcomed.

Chico

Jedi Knight
Hi folks,

Not sure if anyone is collecting the TLJ line but Home Bargains near Edinburgh was freshly stocked with single and twin pack 3.75" figures - priced the same as their Rogue One stock. :)

Hoping the SOLO stuff will show up soon - have seen almost zero from that line at retail.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Chico said:
Hi folks,

Not sure if anyone is collecting the TLJ line but Home Bargains near Edinburgh was freshly stocked with single and twin pack 3.75" figures - priced the same as their Rogue One stock. :)

Hoping the SOLO stuff will show up soon - have seen almost zero from that line at retail.

Cheers Chico. Did see something about that. Bonus!

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Got a few days off at last so will hopefully have a hunt and see what I can find. Must admit, Solo figures in general seem to be really thin on the ground, I kind of get the feeling the stock is there to be put out but not done so until TLJ and rogue one figures have gone and other stock is at a minimal level.

I was lucky to get a Mimban trooper that looked suspicious hiding right at the back of the others in my local entertainer, sadly someone is cherry picking and sticking them onto ebay so I have missed out on the others, maybe ill be able to complete the solo run at some point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom