Haslab Khetanna

lejackal

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
News from Toyfair that this will be available in Europe through ebay to be released in March.
Couldn't give us a couple of months notice to save, could they :lol:
I wonder what the pricing will be like?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
Richard_H said:
News from Toyfair that this will be available in Europe through ebay to be released in March.
Couldn't give us a couple of months notice to save, could they :lol:
I wonder what the pricing will be like?
This is great news, although it would have been nice if Hasbro had announced it would be available over here from the start.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm a bit confused!
Wasn't this a subscription type of sale, if so then where are the extra ones comming from?
I thought that they only made enough to fulfill the pre orders?
So will they now be churning this out continuously and you will be able to pick one up in say a years time?

Richard_H

Grand Master
No, it was a one-off limited run. They'd always said they'd produce more if the 5000 was hit. Don't know how many they over produced but I can't see them running a second batch

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
That's correct. Once the pre-order process was well underway, Hasbro indicated that if their target number was exceeded they would probably make an unspecified extra number of Khetannas for other markets around the world. However no details of any kind were given out, such as production numbers, countries where they would be available, where or how within those countries you could obtain one, or the price!

With so many unknown factors for non-US / Canadian collectors, the only guaranteed way of getting hold of a Khetanna was to try to get someone in the States or Canada to order one for you. Basically, Hasbro handled the whole process very poorly from the perspective of collectors outside of North America.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Many thanks guys for clearing that up.
It will be interesting to see how quickly the EU quota sells out and what price it's offered for.

TEEBO1979

Padawan
There is not a separate quota for the Uk, there is one allocated stock pile for the whole of the rest of the world. It is to stop on country running out of stock while there is still demand and another country sitting with excess stock.

Here is a link for the Q&A from Hasbro at the NY Toy Fair.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSv_SsJ5pbU

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TEEBO1979 said:
There is not a separate quota for the Uk, there is one allocated stock pile for the whole of the rest of the world. It is to stop on country running out of stock while there is still demand and another country sitting with excess stock.

Here is a link for the Q&A from Hasbro at the NY Toy Fair.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSv_SsJ5pbU
Thanks for that. Very interesting. So the Haslab Khetanna pre-orders came to 8,810, and Hasbro say in this video that the total number made globally will be less than 10,000, meaning at most there will be 1,189 for the rest of the world, and probably fewer.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Exactly that mate so the remaining thousand-odd will be even topper dollar to get hold of than the current 2 granders on evilbay! If i was a gambling man, which i am, i would say zero chance unless youre prepared to pay the price.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I imagine Hasbro's selling price for the 'spare' Khetanna's might be close to the original $500 asking price (before tax)... BUT, even if it is, they have announced that all such sales will be done via eBay, and also, as TEEBO1979 quite rightly says, Hasbro has just one global stock of these to stop any one country's supply running out. If you stop and think about what that fact probably means, it's that the stock will most likely be held in just one or two global locations and shipped around the world from there. The postage alone on this thing will be huge, and European buyers had better hope that one of those global stock locations is in Europe, otherwise there will be import charges to pay on top, plus I will be amazed if Hasbro doesn't cosy up with eBay and use their rip-off Global Shipping Program, which certainly won't lower the costs!

In short, buyers had better prepare themselves for a pretty hefty postage / import fee on this thing, however Hasbro chooses to slice the Khetanna cake...

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
They've started to arrive Stateside! This image is from rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/fron...lection_Jabbas_Sail_Barge_Arriving_183327.asp).

Not long to wait now!

I wonder why it didn't fit through the letterbox? :lol:

Barge Box.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well that's a beast! :shock:

It's going to make a fantastic centerpiece to anyones collection ion you have the space but it's just not something I'd be able to fit in anywhere.

can't wait to see anyone on here who gets it though as I'm eager to see how you all accessories it, such a great item to own. 8)

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:

It's going to make a fantastic centerpiece to anyones collection ion you have the space but it's just not something I'd be able to fit in anywhere.

can't wait to see anyone on here who gets it though as I'm eager to see how you all accessories it, such a great item to own. 8)

Ian
I have hopefully sourced one and will be receiving it at some point in the not too distant future, all being well. I fully intend to post pictures of it here, both before and after unboxing, installing in its new home, and accessorising it, so watch this space! :-D

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:

Ian
I have hopefully sourced one and will be receiving it at some point in the not too distant future, all being well. I fully intend to post pictures of it here, both before and after unboxing, installing in its new home, and accessorising it, so watch this space! :-D

Jeremy

Can't wait Jeremy (same goes for you as well I'm sure!). :D

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Jeremy

Can't wait Jeremy (same goes for you as well I'm sure!). :D

Ian
I'm trying to be patient! :lol:

Mine's coming from America, so it's got to arrive over there, then be shipped over here. I don't know exactly how long it will take as it's coming over with a load of other items for a friend of mine who runs a comic shop. To be honest, I don't even know whether it will be sent by airmail or surface mail, so if it's the latter, I'll have a few more weeks to wait yet! Then again, I suppose I've been waiting over a year for this already, so what's a few more weeks on top of that?... But it will be great once it's come! :-D

TEEBO1979

Padawan
Here is an unboxing vid on YouTube, closest I will get to one ( don't have the room).
I would get your friend to bubble wrap the shipper box as I have heard saw stories already of the boxes inside being damaged.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vCP2YAZmnAA

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Does anyone know where I can get one of these in the UK?

Does it make any difference if the Yak Face is inside the box or out?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Hasbro have yet to announce the URL, but they will be selling the 'extra' Khetannas via eBay at some point. They recommend you check the Hasbro Pulse website daily for the announcement.

As for the your Yak Face query, sorry, but I don't really understand what you mean. The Khetanna comes with a unique POTF coin-carded Yak Face, which is packed inside the Khetanna's box.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Snaketibe said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Hasbro have yet to announce the URL, but they will be selling the 'extra' Khetannas via eBay at some point. They recommend you check the Hasbro Pulse website daily for the announcement.

As for the your Yak Face query, sorry, but I don't really understand what you mean. The Khetanna comes with a unique POTF coin-carded Yak Face, which is packed inside the Khetanna's box.

I have seen some on Ebay and some mention the Yak is inside the Box and some mention it comes with a carded Yak but the picture shows the Yak outside of the box I just wondered what the difference was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom