SWTOTW, Week 7, 2019, Part 2/2 Squid Head

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dr_Ball_MD said:
My Kenner and Lili Ledy burgundy cape.

16470201048_2dd3d231c2_z.jpg
27170982981_72daf6ebd0_z.jpg

Lovely collection 2 beauties 8) a lili ledy and a kenner, I love the lili ledy cape 8)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Lots of appreciation for Squid head on this toy of the week, lots of very nice examples 8) 8) 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
and my squid figures :lol:

my lili ledy on the first picture to the left :D

P1180102.JPG

P1180103.JPG

P1180104.JPG

P1180105.JPG

P1180106.JPG

P1180107.JPG

P1180108.JPG

P1180109.JPG
What a lovely load of Squid! Another impressive collection, Lars, and another excellent Lili Ledy example to make us all envious! Many thanks for sharing your wonderful collection, as always :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
and my squid figures :lol:

my lili ledy on the first picture to the left :D

P1180102.JPG

P1180103.JPG

P1180104.JPG

P1180105.JPG

P1180106.JPG

P1180107.JPG

P1180108.JPG

P1180109.JPG
What a lovely load of Squid! Another impressive collection, Lars, and another excellent Lili Ledy example to make us all envious! Many thanks for sharing your wonderful collection, as always :)

Thanks mate for the lovely words as always. I had an idea about there was a few more squids in some bags from some lots that I bought last year that I have not had time to look at yet. I found 6 more squids in the bags so I will check if there is some new variants for my collection between them, I checked them last night for a lili ledy, but there was no lili ledy between them, but maybe some other variants :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Nice collection Lars, Apack... here's mine as promised. Just a Smile factory variant. I'm going to try and pick up a Kader and MIM... and maybe a degraded cape variant... Ledy is out of my price range

Attachments

• 0EF36367-3F24-4E9F-8774-D5B4FAF073A9.jpeg
    0EF36367-3F24-4E9F-8774-D5B4FAF073A9.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 863
  • 42BFE207-18BE-42E0-8E7A-C90DED4D5506.jpeg
    42BFE207-18BE-42E0-8E7A-C90DED4D5506.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 861

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Nice collection Lars, Apack... here's mine as promised. Just a Smile factory variant. I'm going to try and pick up a Kader and MIM... and maybe a degraded cape variant... Ledy is out of my price range
Another beautifully clean and mint example, Jay! :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

Thanks mate for the very kind words :D

Nice figure, it looks mint 8) what is a Smile factory variant ? never heard about it for squid head :?

and what is a Kader ?

I hope you find the figures you are looking for :wink:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Nice figure, it looks mint 8) what is a Smile factory variant ? never heard about it for squid head :?

and what is a Kader ?

I believe that they were the two factories for the HK figures.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

and what is a Kader ?

:shock: I am lost :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:

and what is a Kader ?

A guy called Mark Andrews has done some good recent research on FB on Squid Head. He has identified 4 variants: Smile, Kader, Made in Mexico (Euro No Coos) and Ledy. Smile and Kader share the Hong Kong CoOs and are the most commonly available variants. There are minor differences between the figure moulds and accessories.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Another beautifully clean and mint example, Jay! :)
Just picked up another with the mintiest cape I have ever seen without a stitch dropped on the collar. Impressive... most impressive. :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:

A guy called Mark Andrews has done some good recent research on FB on Squid Head. He has identified 4 variants: Smile, Kader, Made in Mexico (Euro No Coos) and Ledy. Smile and Kader share the Hong Kong CoOs and are the most commonly available variants. There are minor differences between the figure moulds and accessories.

Nice, I did not know about smile and kader, can you tell me more about them ? what do I have to look for ? :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:

Nice, I did not know about smile and kader, can you tell me more about them ? what do I have to look for ? :D

Hi Lars, I'm sure I've read a brilliant article on the Kenner factories that produced the figures we know and love, but I can't find it at the moment.

One way of variant collecting is through the mold or Coo variants. If like Wolff wBobafett, Alex Magraw (Luke Bespin), John Meade (Yoda) or Mark Andrews (Squid Head) they have gone a step further and identified what Coo relates to which factory. They identify the differences in mold, as well as the different accessories that were produced at each factory. Knowing the size of your collection you will have many of these variants already, you will just not of related them to the individual factories.

Here are a couple of links to articles on factories that I could find written by Wolff:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6815-cardback-factory-codes
https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/factory-codes/

Identifying moulds and accessories is easier when it is a figure like Squid Head, but when it is Luke Bespin it is a lifelong discovery. Check out the extraordinary work by General Khan (Alex Magraw) on Luke Bespin on the Tantive XI forum:
http://www.tantivexi.com/t1419-luke-bespin-an-accidental-obsession?highlight=Luke+bespin

Another person who has done some brilliant work is Jon Meade on Yoda. Not only has he identified which factories made which figure and what accessories go with which one (which is no mean feat given Yoda had 4 accessories), but he has also determined what Yoda came with each card Back variant for all Kenner, Palitoy and foreign cardbacks. His brilliant work can be found on the Yoda group on Facebook, should you ever succumb to the dark side and join.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Hi Lars, I'm sure I've read a brilliant article on the Kenner factories that produced the figures we know and love, but I can't find it at the moment.

One way of variant collecting is through the mold or Coo variants. If like Wolff wBobafett, Alex Magraw (Luke Bespin), John Meade (Yoda) or Mark Andrews (Squid Head) they have gone a step further and identified what Coo relates to which factory. They identify the differences in mold, as well as the different accessories that were produced at each factory. Knowing the size of your collection you will have many of these variants already, you will just not of related them to the individual factories.

Here are a couple of links to articles on factories that I could find written by Wolff:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6815-cardback-factory-codes
https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/factory-codes/

Identifying moulds and accessories is easier when it is a figure like Squid Head, but when it is Luke Bespin it is a lifelong discovery. Check out the extraordinary work by General Khan (Alex Magraw) on Luke Bespin on the Tantive XI forum:
http://www.tantivexi.com/t1419-luke-bespin-an-accidental-obsession?highlight=Luke+bespin

Another person who has done some brilliant work is Jon Meade on Yoda. Not only has he identified which factories made which figure and what accessories go with which one (which is no mean feat given Yoda had 4 accessories), but he has also determined what Yoda came with each card Back variant for all Kenner, Palitoy and foreign cardbacks. His brilliant work can be found on the Yoda group on Facebook, should you ever succumb to the dark side and join.

Thanks mate for the info and the links, so much still to learn :wink: and I thought I was at the dark side :lol: but I will still try to stay away from facebook :D I have just found another variant to my squid head collection between the 6 I had in a bag from some different loft find :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom