SWTOTW, Week 8, 2019, Part 2/2 Ree-Yees

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ree-Yees:

yees.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Good old Three Eyes then, Lars? Perhaps not the most glamorous of figures or the most desirable... in fact, back when I started collecting again in the early nineties, my local collectibles shop had a bargain box of MOCs stuffed full of Ree-Yees, Klaatus and Squid Heads for £4 a pop, and they still didn't shift (and stupidly, I didn't buy one, because at the time I wasn't collecting carded figures, only loose!). However, the figure has its charms, and I do like the moulded hands vs painted hands variants (I personally prefer the moulded hands as I think they look better) that also differ in body shade, plus there are also some paint variants to be found on the boot colour.

Here are mine. From left to right, a pair of Taiwan moulded hands variants; light boots and dark boots. And then lastly, a Hong Kong painted hands variant. And of course, the COO's for Lars ;-)

Gegs Trio 01.jpg

Gegs Trio 02.jpg

Gegs Trio 03.jpg

Gegs Trio 04.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Good old Three Eyes then, Lars? Perhaps not the most glamorous of figures or the most desirable... in fact, back when I started collecting again in the early nineties, my local collectibles shop had a bargain box of MOCs stuffed full of Ree-Yees, Klaatus and Squid Heads for £4 a pop, and they still didn't shift (and stupidly, I didn't buy one, because at the time I wasn't collecting carded figures, only loose!). However, the figure has its charms, and I do like the moulded hands vs painted hands variants (I personally prefer the moulded hands as I think they look better) that also differ in body shade, plus there are also some paint variants to be found on the boot colour.

Here are mine. From left to right, a pair of Taiwan moulded hands variants; light boots and dark boots. And then lastly, a Hong Kong painted hands variant. And of course, the COO's for Lars ;-)

Gegs Trio 01.jpg

Gegs Trio 02.jpg

Gegs Trio 03.jpg

Gegs Trio 04.jpg

yes good old 3 eyes :lol: Wow you should have bought the box of moc :shock: but I think we all have seen something that we did not buy that we would have bought if it had been today :lol: I also prefer the moulded hands.

Nice collection of variants :D thanks for sharing them. Is the run complete or do you hunt a no coo and a lili ledy ? or maybe some other variants ? :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
yes good old 3 eyes :lol: Wow you should have bought the box of moc :shock: but I think we all have seen something that we did not buy that we would have bought if it had been today :lol: I also prefer the moulded hands.

Nice collection of variants :D thanks for sharing them. Is the run complete or do you hunt a no coo and a lili ledy ? or maybe some other variants ? :D
Thanks, Lars :)

Regarding any other variants I don't own, since I'm only really interested in collecting ones which looks visually different from one another, it depends entirely upon whether any of the ones I don't have look different from the ones I do! Maybe you can help with that?

spoons

Grand Master
Nice variants Jeremy. I sold this tri-logo just the other week to raise funds for die cast, sad to let him go after such a short time on the shelves.

Trilog_Ree_Yees_(1).jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Regarding any other variants I don't own, since I'm only really interested in collecting ones which looks visually different from one another, it depends entirely upon whether any of the ones I don't have look different from the ones I do! Maybe you can help with that?

Sure here is a link to the lili ledy Ree-Yees he is different http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/h28-tig-lili-ledy-guide-ree-yees

Here is some info about the mould http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6958p30-the-mould-family-guide-discussion-thread#122564

I collect a little different, first I collect after the coo/no coo and if I have 2 figures with the same no coo/coo then I look after a difference between the 2 figures :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Nice variants Jeremy. I sold this tri-logo just the other week to raise funds for die cast, sad to let him go after such a short time on the shelves.

Sorry Andy, to read you sold that beautiful moc, but if you bought something that make you more happy then it is the best thing to do :wink: It looks fantastic the moc that you had :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
Thanks, Andy.

That's a lovely MOC with a great bubble. Sorry to hear you had to part with it, but I hope you got the die cast you wanted.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Sure here is a link to the lili ledy Ree-Yees he is different http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/h28-tig-lili-ledy-guide-ree-yees

Here is some info about the mould http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6958p30-the-mould-family-guide-discussion-thread#122564

I collect a little different, first I collect after the coo/no coo and if I have 2 figures with the same no coo/coo then I look after a difference between the 2 figures :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Here's my two loose. I have a Taiwan (Molded hands) and Hong Kong (painted hands). I tend only to collect major variants and the mold differences on these mean they fall into that category, even though they look visually similar in terms of paint apps. I have noticed that my HK comes with a v1 Rifle and my Taiwan with a v4. Not sure what yours come with guys?

Attachments

• F3280741-04A3-4194-9588-B49FFA343027.jpeg
    F3280741-04A3-4194-9588-B49FFA343027.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,362
  • DB1BE725-11E7-4703-BB46-3CC8039330E8.jpeg
    DB1BE725-11E7-4703-BB46-3CC8039330E8.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,356

apack7229

Sith Lord
Here's mine.
4134EF49-2CAD-4CE6-8794-C5886B8CB82C.jpeg
D613B35C-49FF-4368-B859-98885B503FF2.jpeg

The broken bubble was a tsukuda that I bought from japan and got damaged during shipping. The other moc has the pop cut out.
9A95D76F-E74B-426F-A190-806FFF070C83.jpeg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Your welcome, I hope you can use it :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Here's my two loose. I have a Taiwan (Molded hands) and Hong Kong (painted hands). I tend only to collect major variants and the mold differences on these mean they fall into that category, even though they look visually similar in terms of paint apps. I have noticed that my HK comes with a v1 Rifle and my Taiwan with a v4. Not sure what yours come with guys?

I think I have a few that I picked up in childhood lots I can check which rifle variant I found them with :wink: About your collection, nice mint variants, thanks for sharing them :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Here's mine.4134EF49-2CAD-4CE6-8794-C5886B8CB82C.jpegD613B35C-49FF-4368-B859-98885B503FF2.jpeg

The broken bubble was a tsukuda that I bought from japan and got damaged during shipping. The other moc has the pop cut out.9A95D76F-E74B-426F-A190-806FFF070C83.jpeg

wow that is a huge lot of cardbacks :shock: and a moc thanks for sharing them :D Love the on with the ree-yees head coming out of the bubble :lol:

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Ree Yees was the last figure i had back in the day. A Christmas present in 1988. By then SW toys had long dropped off my mind and toys were being replaced by Spectrum games but receiving that figure so late in the day was a little spark that has probably lasted today.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
rhyfelyser said:
Ree Yees was the last figure i had back in the day. A Christmas present in 1988. By then SW toys had long dropped off my mind and toys were being replaced by Spectrum games but receiving that figure so late in the day was a little spark that has probably lasted today.

Great story mate :D any pictures of it ? :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Nice figures, Jay.

I couldn't tell you which rifles my ones came with originally, as I sadly kept none of my childhood figures. Mine mostly came from local collectibles shops where they matched up figures with weapons, but were unlikely to be the original pairings. I can however have a look later and let you know which weapon versions I do own though and take some photos, if anyone's interested?

Latest posts

Top Bottom