Episode 9...your personal feelings *No Spoilers*

Will you be going to see Ep9 in the cinema?

• Hell yes! I've already given Disney my wallet, bank details and first born.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • I'm interested to see what they do with the next chapter.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I'm on the fence.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • If most fans say it's good, I could be persuaded.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Hell no! I'm making an effigy of Rian and Kathleen that weekend.

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Not sure if it's fake or real but this poster just popped up online. Looks pretty cool.

Attachments

• B38B0D73-6660-4437-9E84-8DDADA769592.jpeg
    B38B0D73-6660-4437-9E84-8DDADA769592.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,533

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Looks legit to me. Based on various previous leaks from "qualified" sources it has some of those elements. The Knights of Ren, the female character in purple, 3PO with Chewie's bandoleer and bowcaster etc have all been leaked previously.

Interesting to see the old Y-Wings are back. I guess Disney conceded that the bombers in TLJ didn't go down too well. :lol: It doesn't really strike me overall. Looks a little bit like a first draft by a junior graphic designer. Nothing is firing up any intrigue here for me, but I can admit I am being a little cautious over Ep9.

Does anyone else feel a bit odd about having no Skywalkers on a Skywalker saga film poster? I suppose you could argue Kylo is a Skywalker, but no prequel, original or sequel trilogy film poster has done this before...

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Looks legit to me. Based on various previous leaks from "qualified" sources it has some of those elements. The Knights of Ren, the female character in purple, 3PO with Chewie's bandoleer and bowcaster etc have all been leaked previously.

Interesting to see the old Y-Wings are back. I guess Disney conceded that the bombers in TLJ didn't go down too well. :lol: It doesn't really strike me overall. Looks a little bit like a first draft by a junior graphic designer. Nothing is firing up any intrigue here for me, but I can admit I am being a little cautious over Ep9.

Does anyone else feel a bit odd about having no Skywalkers on a Skywalker saga film poster? I suppose you could argue Kylo is a Skywalker, but no prequel, original or sequel trilogy film poster has done this before...
You might be right, but I'd be surprised if this was the poster, or at least a final one. It's no secret Mark Hamill is in Episode IX in some capacity, as are Billy Dee Williams and Carrie Fisher, and I can't see Disney not featuring those 3 on their IX posters. R2 looks to be absent as well, although perhaps JJ might want that one since he saw fit to barely include him in TFA :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I thought it's strange Luke is not on the poster, not sure what to think. I thought is was real, but seems not. Nothing on Starwars.com.
I'm really looking forward to another Star Wars Christmas. :)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I would be surprised if at least some sort of teaser, if not more, is unveiled at Celebration. So I guess we'll have a better idea in a couple of weeks.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
This doesn't look like a teaser poster. I would expect this poster in November. I think it's a really well made fan poster.

Palifan

Sith Lord
It's new Star Wars so I'll have to see it but I'm not that excited right now but it would only take a great trailer to get my interest re-ignighted.

I run a little hot and cold with JJ, I'm not sure he's made the perfect movie yet for me but he's always in the right area and I do believe he's the closest to a modern Spielberg we have right now so there could be a masterpiece in him. I think trying to tie all the episodes up in one final film is going to be to tall an order for anyone out there but as long as it's entertaining and feels like it's been thought out and not rushed (or trying to please everyone as that's never going to happen), it might come to a fairly satisfying conclusion to this new trilogy.

It'll be interesting to see where Star wars goes next on the big screen as most of the focus seems to be on streaming right now but I think a break from the cinema would be a good idea to let peoples interest build back up.

I know if it's Star Wars then I'm always going to have some time for it but it probably won't all be a hit.

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
It's new Star Wars so I'll have to see it but I'm not that excited right now but it would only take a great trailer to get my interest re-ignighted. Ian

Yeah I feel the same, problem is TLJ trailer got me excited! :roll:

RetroRyan

Padawan
i read that poster is official, but it was early concept artwork, so reading into any details would be kind of irrelevant.

I'm looking forward to IX, i just wish JJ had done the trilogy, even though i didn't hate TLJ, the poor continuity between the 2 films as far as linking the little story bits that JJ started is very apparent.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Have also heard it's real, but definitely NOT the official poster. More of a marketing campaign mock up poster apparently. Looks great, either way!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Have also heard it's real, but definitely NOT the official poster. More of a marketing campaign mock up poster apparently. Looks great, either way!

GLucas

Padawan
Looks like golden rod taken over the chew man... 8) Must be his revenge on the Bespin City incident... :?

20190401_194345.jpg

Bossk

Padawan
I actually really quite liked The Force Awakens and for my kids, 6 and 9 now, it's probably their favourite Star Wars film. Had it not been for that film I'm not sure they would have been all that bothered by Star Wars. Enough to be interested but not excited. So hell yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. On a related note though........Ryan f@*king Johnson to do the first Old Republic film. F&%k me! Joke!

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Stuart Skinner said:
I ****ing well can't wait, can't believe how many miserable bastards are on here, it's new Star Wars, **** YEAH

I wouldn't call myself miserable for not liking the new Star Wars films including the prequels. Distraught is a better description.
And for those who do like the new films I hope the 9th instalment is another rousing success.

As far as the poll goes I've got zilch interest in episode 9.

GLucas

Padawan
kingshearer said:
Stuart Skinner said:
I ****ing well can't wait, can't believe how many miserable bastards are on here, it's new Star Wars, **** YEAH

I wouldn't call myself miserable for not liking the new Star Wars films including the prequels. Distraught is a better description.
And for those who do like the new films I hope the 9th instalment is another rousing success.

You're right Brian. I can't believe that the moderator accepts terms like "miserable bastards" here on the forum. Each of us has a right to opinion, rather we like or dislike something about SW. Me too I hope that this 9th installment will become a success after the mediocre episode 8. Again: thumbs up and hopefully we will enjoy again....

kingshearer

Jedi Master
GLucas said:
Looks like golden rod taken over the chew man... 8) Must be his revenge on the Bespin City incident... :?

20190401_194345.jpg

I presume "Golden Rod" is reference to that erronous gum card :D

kingshearer

Jedi Master
GLucas said:
kingshearer said:
Stuart Skinner said:

You're right Brian. I can't believe that the moderator accepts terms like "miserable bastards" here on the forum. Each of us has a right to opinion, rather we like or dislike something about SW. Me too I hope that this 9th installment will become a success after the mediocre episode 8. Again: thumbs up and hopefully we will enjoy again....

Aye, I'd love to love the new films but I just can't, to me the magic is just not there.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
This is just a bit of fun. No name calling, shin kicking or poking anyone else in the eye. Just your honest opinion in a poll. :)

Come, come now children. I said at the beginning of the thread it'd be nice if people could refrain from name calling and prodding. This is about airing your opinions of the film, not each other. Play nicely. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom