Fake ESB R2D2 Sensorscope MOC

tigerham

Sith Lord
It's kind of obvious...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-ESB-R2-D2-Sensorscope-Figure-On-Card-1982/254195981687?hash=item3b2f42dd77:g:YwQAAOSw~6Fcrmpq&frcectupt=true

See the obvious tape underneath the bubble which is used by the spanish resoration kit seller on eBay (I have bought a couple n my time).

Plus the cardback itself is too light and faint in colour and of a matt finish. Plus bubble stem too short. Notice the effort to make it look authentic by cracking the bubble and rubbing some litho off. :roll:

I have messaged the seller stating this so see if they take any notice.

It's been reported either way.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice one Ham.
Are the bubbles brittle on these kits, or have they broken this one on purpose to make it look vintage?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Nice one Ham.
Are the bubbles brittle on these kits, or have they broken this one on purpose to make it look vintage?

Personally, I have never cracked or broken any of mine, quite strong, even after being crushed. So at a guess (and it is only a guess) I would say it's done intentionally along with trying to age the cardback to make it look authentic.

The first thing to me that gave it away was the obvious tape and tape lines underneath the bubble where the tape ends and another starts.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Nice one Ham.

Also, having a closer look at the R2 itself it's even got nice clean shiny new fake decals, lol. :roll:

If anyone see's this please report it as 'Copyright and trademark/Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer/Counterfeit, fake, or replica items'.

Hopefully if enough people report it then it will get removed. Thank you.

tigerham

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Good spot, the colours do give it away though. Horrible.

Oh it just gets better (and should have spotted this first off)... no 4-lom offer sticker on the front, lol!

tigerham

Sith Lord
Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 21.48.23.png

'sell'

tigerham

Sith Lord
I replied thanking him for his honesty and to relist it as a recarded figure adding what I had mentoned in short and not to chuck it away as there will be someone willing to buy it.

tigerham

Sith Lord
All good...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repro-FAKE-Vintage-Star-Wars-ESB-R2-D2-Sensorscope-Figure-On-Card-1982/254196994022?hash=item3b2f524fe6:g:YwQAAOSw~6Fcrmpq

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great work Ham, as you say TBF the seller has more than confirmed the card etc is not original and been very clear in the new listing .

tigerham

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Great work Ham, as you say TBF the seller has more than confirmed the card etc is not original and been very clear in the new listing .

Absolutely. He's quoted what I wrote to him which was spot on. I stated eBay needed more honest sellers like him. :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom