Time travel investment

UKS

Jedi Knight
In 1985 I was given 3 pound to open a girobank (post office) account. I have no idea if the account is still around but I assume it will not have much more in it than the original 3 pound!

If I had bought two SW figures and kept them in their boxes (a big ask I know) how much would they be worth?

And which two figures would you have stored away? Don't forget to take into account temptation.. a really good fig may not have made it to the nineties unopened!

UKS

lejackal

Grand Master
In '85 in the UK it would have to be 2 Trilogo Yaks, which these days would be £2-3K
Dial the time machine back to '80 and you'd want 2 Palitoy 30 back Fetts which in today's money would be north of £50K
Head back s bit further to '78 and then you probably want Palitoy 12 back Chewies at about £6K the pair

Palifan

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
In '85 in the UK it would have to be 2 Trilogo Yaks, which these days would be £2-3K
Dial the time machine back to '80 and you'd want 2 Palitoy 30 back Fetts which in today's money would be north of £50K
Head back s bit further to '78 and then you probably want Palitoy 12 back Chewies at about £6K the pair

This lines up with my thoughts although going back to 78 I would try to hunt down the 12 back VCJ and Large Head Han, both of which I had as a child :D

Ian

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
In 1985 if you were REALLY lucky you might have been able to find a Tri-Logo X-Wing, probably would have cost more than £3 though. Similarly the Irish 3 packs would have been great investments if you could find them. Buying 3 of the Woolworths 99p 8 packs would also have been a good buy (at least before Jeff opened the flood gates of baggiegate).

UKS

Jedi Knight
A Jawa or boba would never have made it through my grubby hands I fear. Too much play factor!

Were Yaks around in the UK in 85?

I definitely think an Imp Dig or Madine or Leia would have stayed in pack.

Hilariously I bought multiples of the "Woolworths" bags back then (maybe a little later though) mine were full of Luke Farmboy, Madine, Sand People.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great thread/idea. Taking into account temptation a POTF Anakin and Trilogo Madine would be the two to have stashed away for me. :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree, the temptation to open a Madine would be pretty small, and in fact I have one (ROJ carded, not Tri-Logo, sadly!), which my mother stashed away for years in a bedroom drawer, before I finally appreciated its merits and asked if I could have it.

As for the very best investments for your £3, courtesy of time travel? A Glasslite Vlix or two would surely be up there, as would a nice double-telescoping Ben and Vader on 12 backs. Or how about a nice pristine toxic limbs Poch-carded Bossk? :)

coomber75

Sith Lord
strangely and not sure how, i actually never opened a snag on sw back when i bought it, my guess is i already had one so just put it to one side, then moved it from loft to loft.... so i guess hes worth 2-300 as a palitoy but eith some bends from his travels.
sadly at the same time i rediscovered tye snag i found my loose jawa... now tyat fella moc would have been a whole different ball game :lol: but as like most i ckearly wanted that cheeky chappy out if the card

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom