That Lightsaber

Olly66

Hi everyone,

I'm a first timer on here so please bare with me!!

I've have put this post on to see if other people have thought about this question i have. which i'm sure they have!!

That Lightsaber.

Is it possible that the light saber from TFA was not Luke's Saber??
Is it possible that the light saber was Obi Wan's from A New Hope???
Luke's Saber dissapeared, along with his hand. What happened to Obi Wan's??
Would that explain why its manly Obi Wan's voice calling to Rey in that scene, its his light saber calling??
Is it possible that Rey has someyhing to do with Obi Wan and that the whole starwars saga is about him and not the Skywalkers??
Ever noticed that Obi Wan, who is a huge Starwars character is just not seen, mentioned, thought of?? Is he been kept secret for a huge reveal??

Anyway, i'd love to hear some other views!!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Firstly, welcome to the forum. Stick around, you'll love it :)

Secondly, the content of the response below is in no way a reflection on you or your question, so please don't take offence. I simply hate The Last Jedi with an undying, burning passion that could incinerate the stars themselves. To answer your question then...

It's not Obi-Wan's saber, as that has the same shape as Luke's replacement saber from Return of the Jedi, which is very different to his / Anakin's saber from the prequels, A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back (and we know this because the ROJ prop literally IS Obi-Wan's saber from A New Hope, re-purposed by Lucasfilm). No, crap writing though it most certainly is, the saber Maz hands to Rey in The Force Awakens is Luke's lost saber from The Empire Strikes Back, or if not, one that looks EXACTLY like it. And an utter and completely insulting, unadulterated steaming pile of dogshit though The Last Jedi most definitely was, is and always shall be until the heat death of the universe, Luke clearly recognises his old saber at the start of that film, before that talentless, vandalising **** Ruin Johnson's piss-poor script has Luke toss it over his shoulder like the piece of garbage the script is.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Hi Olly and welcome.

Yeah, its definitely Lukes sabre....which Johnson casually tossed aside in a cheap, unfunny 'joke'.
**** indeed.

There was that godawful alternative opening to TFA, where Lukes severed hand is floating in space with the sabre from ESB.
WTF was that all about? How is that even possible? Just terrible writing.

Has Maz's contrived ownership of Lukes sabre ever been satisfactorily explained?
Maz also hands the sabre to Leia in that deleted trailer scene.
Another plot point conveniently swept under the TLJ **** carpet.

AFAIK the whereabouts of Obi-Wans sabre is unknown.
Presumably, it was in Vaders possession or destroyed on the first Death Star.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom