Furtin

Padawan
Hello there!
For those of you, who enjoy a more force driven final fight:
https://youtu.be/to2SMng4u1k

I like it! :D

Dantooine

Padawan
It's a type of scene I'd like to see in a new film with Vader, but it's pretty awful shoehorned into Star Wars. Completely different style with a **** ton of lense flare. I had to stop watching when they added dialogue from the prequels. Urgh!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I was expecting to see ridiculous somersaults etc like Yoda in Episode III, but thankfully they didn't go that far. I think it's an OK 'enhancement' but loses some of the original 'less is more' charm.

UKS

Jedi Knight
If they had done 50% less and kept the dialogue and ending the same, it would be brilliant.

As it is, it is very very fanboyish. I am surprised there were not flashbacks.

(There may have been flashbacks - I can't remember)

I watched again! Flashback audio.

GLucas

Padawan
Awesome!!!!!! Bl**** F****** awesome this is. Although very modern put into a piece of cinematic scifi history, it clutches episode 3 onto episode 4 in a stylish way 8) CGI is not so good on Obi Wan, but it gives an idea about more action into the former dull battle. Thanks for sharing :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think it's a bit of fun to watch, but it should not have any official place in the Star Wars world for me. Sure someone had a lot of fun making it.

f1982

Youngling
Looks fantastic to me! I always felt the fight scenes were way too tame in the originals compared to both the pre and sequels to the point where you almost have to compensate for it in your head whilst watching them.
The style is more medieval swinging at each other than the marshall arts style of the newer films (which I think works better). So to me it's great to see this where they've added the 'missing' elements from the fight as we know it really should have been.
The only thing I don't like is how they didn't try to match the cinematography a bit more. The new scenes have a look of the new films which takes away from it a tiny bit - lens flare etc. But the angles of the shots are great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom