Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Hi,

Am starting collecting PBP/Poch figures, know some is fairly obvious like the Hoth Rebel trooper with the dark brown vest but some seem to look standard figure. Can anyone help please with a guide or photo comparison please. Thanks

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas from some of the guys on here

Wolffs guides are always good for reference

https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I know the two members that jump to mind are Poncho and Auzziejames really know their stuff. Their are plenty more though. :)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas from some of the guys on here

Wolffs guides are always good for reference

https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/

Ace cheers

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
You should see if you can pick up a copy of Javier Ruilopez's Made in Spain book. It's a fantastic guide for pbp and Poch figures with large beautifully photographed comparison shots of the figures and their Kenner equivalents, along with detailed descriptions of what to look out for.

The first book is out of print but occasionally it is put up for sale. There was one up on Facebook recently for £95. His second book is just being printed though I believe that is more about the ship and playset market.

Alternatively if you're on Facebook there's a wealth of knowledge on the Echo Vintage Variant site or even the Jabba's Court site. If you need to know anything just post something up and I'm sure a few of us can try and answer any questions you have. I've got a few PBP figures up for sale on Jabba's Palace at the moment for example.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
You should see if you can pick up a copy of Javier Ruilopez's Made in Spain book. It's a fantastic guide for pbp and Poch figures with large beautifully photographed comparison shots of the figures and their Kenner equivalents, along with detailed descriptions of what to look out for.

The first book is out of print but occasionally it is put up for sale. There was one up on Facebook recently for £95. His second book is just being printed though I believe that is more about the ship and playset market.

Alternatively if you're on Facebook there's a wealth of knowledge on the Echo Vintage Variant site or even the Jabba's Court site. If you need to know anything just post something up and I'm sure a few of us can try and answer any questions you have. I've got a few PBP figures up for sale on Jabba's Palace at the moment for example.

Hi ok great thanks a lot sorry not on Facebook, which figures are you selling?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Hi ok great thanks a lot sorry not on Facebook, which figures are you selling?
It's an auction format. PBP Greedo, Walrus Man, Hammerhead, Imperial Commander.

poncho

Grand Master
One that keeps eluding me is the white face pbp cloud car pilot ang big lips bossk

The pbp figures are easy to get and find if you look hard enough

Poch figures are very hard to find and authenticate. To the untrained eye they look kenner its the paint application that gives the poch tell signs normally bobbly/drip like. I reccomened you buy javis book

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Should you be interested in the book here is the guy's site:
https://m.facebook.com/STAR-WARS-PBPPoch-Comprehensive-Catalog-1396708397293772/

Thanks

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
poncho said:
One that keeps eluding me is the white face pbp cloud car pilot ang big lips bossk

The pbp figures are easy to get and find if you look hard enough

Poch figures are very hard to find and authenticate. To the untrained eye they look kenner its the paint application that gives the poch tell signs normally bobbly/drip like. I reccomened you buy javis book

Thanks Poch been going through my figures think have found some along with LL figures will post photos in due course

Pomse2001

Grand Master
StarWarsFan said:
Hi,

Am starting collecting PBP/Poch figures, know some is fairly obvious like the Hoth Rebel trooper with the dark brown vest but some seem to look standard figure. Can anyone help please with a guide or photo comparison please. Thanks

I have the first pbp/poch book so if you need help I can always try to help

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
StarWarsFan said:
Hi,

I have the first pbp/poch book so if you need help I can always try to help

Cheers mate, that would be great. Thanks a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom