New retroline.......

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Has anyone received these as yet ?

I have an order with Star Action Figures, but it's looking like they have kicked them back from a May delivery to a July delivery - which is quite frustrating.

Crumm

Padawan
Leemcl said:
Has anyone received these as yet ?

I have an order with Star Action Figures, but it's looking like they have kicked them back from a May delivery to a July delivery - which is quite frustrating.

The first 6 have not released in the USA yet, I think they come out there in the next week or two, and pre-order was a Target exclusive. The Tarkin figure and game is out in USA now, someone has posted images of it on Imperial Gunnery. Keep an eye out on there and Rebelscum over the next few weeks and you will probably see the actual first 6 start to be reviewed.

EDIT: People are now starting to pick these up in the US, take a look: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1141046&page=50

I have also pre-ordered with Star Action Figures, initially the estimate for UK was April/ May, now it has moved to June/ July.

EDIT: now moved again to July/ August.

Just noticed that scalpers already have them on a certain auction website for £30 apiece!

Hope this helps buddy!

Crumm

Padawan
Just found some more info which shows an image of the European versions.

I believe the image came from Germany.

Does anyone know if the U.K. versions will be like this? because I think I may cancel my pre-order if they are.

I am not keen on the retro-sticker, but I can live with it because I like the idea of these.

A dirty great piece of folded paper wedged in behind the figure however, is not acceptable. Spoils the entire look that they were going for in the first place.

HAN.png

Retro line.png

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wow yeah that is a real shame if all the European ones have that piece of paper behind the figures, looks naff.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I agree that these "safety" sheets behind the figures detract from the figures but I'm not surprised either.
These are included in most if not all of Hasbro's European releases.

jayums

Jedi Master
Well that sucks. What the hell is a safety sheet? Some sort of inane EU regulation no doubt! Will cancel my preorder and import.

Crumm

Padawan
jayums said:
Well that sucks. What the hell is a safety sheet? Some sort of inane EU regulation no doubt! Will cancel my preorder and import.

It's weird. Almost like Hasbro don't know who to aim these at in our market, surely they must know that collectors don't want that monstrosity behind the figure?.

If they are aiming at kids who will open and play with them then I think that is a misfire.

If they are aiming at 40-something collectors who will collect them all, then the sticker and paperwork is a big misfire.

Maybe they are trying to appeal to everyone, collector, casual buyer, and kids, I don't know.

I was definitely looking at collecting all of these, but that paper inside is a deal breaker for me.

jayums

Jedi Master
Perhaps it's something Hasbro doesn't have a choice about if it's a legal requirement over here.

Having seen the imported ones in hand I actually didn't mind the sticker. It's nicer than it appears in photos, and personally I don't think I'd attempt to remove it. The ageing affect on the card isn't great, but actually the biggest turn off is the quality of the card. It's cheap and thin. It doesn't give me vintage vibes at all.

That said, IMO the figures are excellent. I have a minty loose vintage set, and they look a bit tired next to these. Army building stormtrooper collectors must be on cloud nine. The highlight for me though is definitely Tarkin, which I think was a nicely done figure that doesn't look out of place with the originals.
I had no interest in the board game really but it is very nice done. I hope it does well as I'd like to see more characters not previously released.

I would agree that I wish they put more effort into the cards. They aren't perfect. But they aren't bad either. I still think at about a tenner a pop these are a pretty cool set, and certainly an affordable alternative to the real thing.

Crumm

Padawan
jayums said:
Perhaps it's something Hasbro doesn't have a choice about if it's a legal requirement over here.

Having seen the imported ones in hand I actually didn't mind the sticker. It's nicer than it appears in photos, and personally I don't think I'd attempt to remove it. The ageing affect on the card isn't great, but actually the biggest turn off is the quality of the card. It's cheap and thin. It doesn't give me vintage vibes at all.

That said, IMO the figures are excellent. I have a minty loose vintage set, and they look a bit tired next to these. Army building stormtrooper collectors must be on cloud nine. The highlight for me though is definitely Tarkin, which I think was a nicely done figure that doesn't look out of place with the originals.
I had no interest in the board game really but it is very nice done. I hope it does well as I'd like to see more characters not previously released.

I would agree that I wish they put more effort into the cards. They aren't perfect. But they aren't bad either. I still think at about a tenner a pop these are a pretty cool set, and certainly an affordable alternative to the real thing.

Maybe Hasbro don't have a choice as you say.

But I find it really disappointing, I was going to collect these and keep them carded as I am doing a loose run of vintage, and these would have been nice to collect alongside that.

I don't mind the sticker, but the paper really spoils it to the point where I won't bother with these now.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
They look hideous. Talk about saturating :D

IMO they lost themselves after the Phantom menace line. Horrendous looking figures, awful packaging design and so much more since then. I havent bought a figure at full price for around 16 years now.

Mr-Trilogo

Padawan
Agreed. Not worth it with the ugly paper sheet behind them.

Was thinking of ordering Vader and Chewie.

Now I might only get Chewie , crack it open and display him next to my 1995 classic edition Chewbacca.

jayums

Jedi Master
Apparently the U.K. stock is going to be from a different production run (heads up variant collectors!) and its uncertain whether they will have the safety sheets at this time.

Probably worth holding off cancelling pre orders until we see what they look like.

indianawars

Sith Lord
I'd love to see what they would do with the prequels! Maul, Anakin, etc...

I like the idea, although little unnessusary re-releasing the classics. Give us something new with an old twist.

Crumm

Padawan
jayums said:
Apparently the U.K. stock is going to be from a different production run (heads up variant collectors!) and its uncertain whether they will have the safety sheets at this time.

Probably worth holding off cancelling pre orders until we see what they look like.

That is good to know.

I thought about cancelling, but I am going to leave my pre-order on and just see what turns up, I really hope they don't have the paper inside though.

If they do, and I hate it enough not to keep them, I can probably move them on for the same as I paid, or a little less.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Regarding the horrible safety sheets, I'm hoping the Tarkin figure won't require one as it's bundled with a bigger set which should carry its own bumf. As for the others, modern figures traditionally have had these beneath the feet so here's hoping.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Can anyone advise what the UK release date is ? I've had on pre order for a long while now and I think they were due out in June but finding the correct information is hard. Will they be generally available ( lol - as if anything is "generally" available these days )

Also I have been trying to get some of these for my nephew's Birthday. He's in Australia but finding them from a Aus shop is proving really hard and possible they are not being generally stocked or won't be out until the Autumn. You can get an "open" set from EBay but that sort of ruins the effect of being able to open the figures.

Any / all advice welcomed.

jayums

Jedi Master
Think I read somewhere the release date for wave 1 is end of August. However there are rumblings this might change (possibly delayed).

They have been released in some stores in Australia already by all accounts so probably easier to get there than they are here?

The stock levels in Target stores seems pretty healthy stateside now, so I wouldn't be tempted to pay scalper prices for them.

jayums

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
They have been released today in comic stores across the UK

cheers Richard - I didn't know that - I thought it was pre-order only at the mo - are these imported stock (not hasbro U.K. stock)? What's the price looking like?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom