Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevoREX

Hi there everyone, I came here to find out about some wierd collectibles I have. I've never been able to find out anything about them online before so I'm hoping someone here might have an idea.

Kiwi-Dave

Youngling
Hi folks
So here's my introduction.....

Dave phillips
Originally From fleet in hampshire uk
Now live in Wellington New Zealand
2 kids , girls ages 10 and 7 ( they love sw)
Married
I Drive, restore and love vintage Volkswagen's
Collect old skateboards and still skate

Work for Weta digital and do visual effects on movies. Been doing vfx for 23 years and it's a busy life.
Started collecting in the 90's whilst at college. Packed it away when emigrated.
Started again a few years back once the old collection here to nz.
I love wild finds and I've been super lucky to have a few. ( I'll share soon soon)
Focus - no focus. If I like it I'll buy it.
Love loose , beyond the toys and now more boxed and moc.

I was lucky to do an interview on the vintage rebellion podcast at the end of last year. Episode 53 I think. Really enjoyable and that podcast bought me here and has certainly fuelled my interest in Sw collecting. It's a pretty lonely existence here in the South Pacific as far as collecting goes. There are quite a few collectors but we are all widely spread. The podcast has filled that gap over the years . Always appreciative of the work those guys do.

Anyway , I'm looking forward to spending more time browsing this forum.

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• 06EC3592-1E38-4B0D-89E5-ACA3901881B4.jpeg
    06EC3592-1E38-4B0D-89E5-ACA3901881B4.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 2,173
  • 9A5119B9-DFD9-40D1-A630-F3871677C971.jpeg
    9A5119B9-DFD9-40D1-A630-F3871677C971.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,167

mocempire

Hi Everyone,

My name's James and I'm new to the forum, introduced by way of the Vintage Rebellion podcast (great work guys!)

Ok, so this is me:

Age: 45 (old enough to remember seeing Empire in the cinema but not Star Wars)
Marital stuff: married with 2 daughters (ages 4 and 3 - just about into the Galaxy of Adventures YouTube episodes)
Work and living stuff: I'm a software project manager, based in Singapore (I'm English but have lived here for the last 12 years)
Interests (other than SW and family): most things tech, PC gaming, Python programming, football, cars, booze...
Collection stuff: 71 MOCs so far, each on their original release card front - the aim being a complete collection. Not too fussed about card backs nor whether it's Kenner or other, and no particular focus (yet)

I'm also the web admin for a new site I've created along the line of the Star Wars Tracker, http://www.mocempire.com. The background to this stems from my learning to programme in Python, an early exercise being to download info from the web, format and clean it up, then write it to a database. As I'm a vintage figure collector, plus definite inspiration from SW Tracker, I gave it a go. The result is a simple website sat on top of some Python code and a database that automatically connects to eBay, Vectis and Hakes and downloads all MOC sales info. It also calculates average prices and compares them to live eBay auctions, so you can see if something is over (or under) priced.

If anyone is interested please head over and take a look. All feedback welcome as I'll be refining the data quality and look and feel over time! I'll also refund the first month's fee for the first 25 people to sign-up.

Looking forward to contributing to the community!

Cheers
James

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
mocempire said:
Hi Everyone,

My name's James and I'm new to the forum, introduced by way of the Vintage Rebellion podcast (great work guys!)

Ok, so this is me:

Age: 45 (old enough to remember seeing Empire in the cinema but not Star Wars)
Marital stuff: married with 2 daughters (ages 4 and 3 - just about into the Galaxy of Adventures YouTube episodes)
Work and living stuff: I'm a software project manager, based in Singapore (I'm English but have lived here for the last 12 years)
Interests (other than SW and family): most things tech, PC gaming, Python programming, football, cars, booze...
Collection stuff: 71 MOCs so far, each on their original release card front - the aim being a complete collection. Not too fussed about card backs nor whether it's Kenner or other, and no particular focus (yet)

I'm also the web admin for a new site I've created along the line of the Star Wars Tracker, http://www.mocempire.com. The background to this stems from my learning to programme in Python, an early exercise being to download info from the web, format and clean it up, then write it to a database. As I'm a vintage figure collector, plus definite inspiration from SW Tracker, I gave it a go. The result is a simple website sat on top of some Python code and a database that automatically connects to eBay, Vectis and Hakes and downloads all MOC sales info. It also calculates average prices and compares them to live eBay auctions, so you can see if something is over (or under) priced.

If anyone is interested please head over and take a look. All feedback welcome as I'll be refining the data quality and look and feel over time! I'll also refund the first month's fee for the first 25 people to sign-up.

Looking forward to contributing to the community!

Cheers
James
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum! Stick around and enjoy yourself :)

Jeremy

Pomse2001

Grand Master
chazb73 said:
Not a new memeber but I've been absent far too long!

Good to see some familiar names here still :)

Great to see that you are back on the forum andy, we have missed you :D

RichardColeman

Youngling
Hi my name is Richard,
Age. 30
1 baby girl
Live in the south east
Not really a collector just looking around to see what my eBay listing might go for.
It's had more interest than I initially imagined so thought I would try and find out a bit more about star wars collecting before they go!

Secsijo

Padawan
Hi everyone
My names is Jo, slightly older than I'd like to be!
My husband, Darren collects star wars"everything!" but he's a terrible technophobe lol so I have to do all the research, posting etc.
He's got a VERY extensive collection, including an original data east star wars pinball machine. It's got to the point now that we don't even know what we have or haven't got.
Admittedly the majority of it is '90s stuff but there is a fair bit of boxed vintage bits too!
We have decided that we would like sell up (mainly because I want my bedroom back) so over the next few months or so, I may need some assistance in valuations, selling etc
I hope I've done the right thing, introducing myself, any help given will be gratefully appreciated and if anyone lives in the top end of Kent and wants to help us organise what we have got even better!!!
Thank you and happy collecting :D
If I've breached any rules/etiquette etc I apologise in advance :D

Taffius

Sith Lord
Wecome all. Great to see so many variations in members joining. Its a great resource and a friendly bunch.

Enjoy tbe goodness! :)

Angrydoormouse

Hi all! Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm only just starting out in the land of Star Wars collecting. My initial childhood lot have grown slightly with some generous gifts of other people's collections. I'm looking to complete a non complete loose collection of the original run of figures as my first project

Look forward to chatting to you all!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom