What is the point?

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can anyone logically answer why some people ruin others Ebay auctions. You always seem to get the 0 or 1 feedback bidder , but bidders with good feedback beat me, as why bid if you can't or don't want to pay?.
Do they feel a great sense of achievement for causing someone a little bit of hassle for possibly 5 days ?
I had a feeling this week I was heading for a problem after the 1st message from the buyer , but looks like my non payment is going to carry on until Monday :roll:
Paul

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
welshwookie said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can anyone logically answer why some people ruin others Ebay auctions. You always seem to get the 0 or 1 feedback bidder , but bidders with good feedback beat me, as why bid if you can't or don't want to pay?.
Do they feel a great sense of achievement for causing someone a little bit of hassle for possibly 5 days ?
I had a feeling this week I was heading for a problem after the 1st message from the buyer , but looks like my non payment is going to carry on until Monday :roll:
Paul
I always put this sort of behaviour down to one thing...beer! :lol:
Seriously it's a royal pain in the ar*e, and I hope it all gets sorted out as soon as possible.
Good luck.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
"I always put this sort of behaviour down to one thing...beer!  
Seriously it's a royal pain in the ar*e, and I hope it all gets sorted out as soon as possible.
Good luck."

Possibly Mini99 , with a time difference and wine you could be right :lol:
I just get a little concerned that other bidders don't think the seller is up to something when items get relisted or offered on second chance.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I have had this with eBay items I have sold many times. The worst is before the auction ends you get a message saying can you cancel my bid I don't think I have the money to pay. These things start making me loose faith in humans Wye even bid you dummy.

Beer wine or just plain stupid is the only thing it can be.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
welshwookie said:
Paul

Sorry to hear that Paul, had the same issues before idiots.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks all, don't sell too often on Ebay, have had a few cancelled bids to find a reserve over the years.
But never been asked for my bank details. Which I don't want to do, and was advised against by Ebay.
Paul

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
welshwookie said:
Thanks all, don't sell too often on Ebay, have had a few cancelled bids to find a reserve over the years.
But never been asked for my bank details. Which I don't want to do, and was advised against by Ebay.
Paul

My brother in law has had similar issue recently, bought an item and wasn't anything like as described, they asked for his bank details for a very small insulting refund told them not a chance.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It takes all sorts in life, the good and the bad,
Sometimes people can drive you mad,
But they are a minority, in general people are fine,
Nevertheless you will come accross idiots from time to time,
But don't despair, for every fool that takes a chance,
There are good people to redress the balance,
Take comfort that you are decent and true,
Then the detractors won't have an effect on you

:)

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
[quote ="StarWarsFan"]my brother in law has had similar issue recently, bought an item and wasn't anything like as described, they asked for his bank details for a very small insulting refund told them not a chance.[/quote][/quote]

Mine was a problem paying through PayPal and if I would give details for a transfer. The buyer is from abroad so would have been using Ebay gsp and have not used their Ebay account for a few years.
Although someone couldn't withdraw from an account, they can create direct debits with the details. So although I have no reason to suspect anything out of order, I was not prepared to agree.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
It takes all sorts in life, the good and the bad,
Sometimes people can drive you mad,
But they are a minority, in general people are fine,
Nevertheless you will come accross idiots from time to time,
But don't despair, for every fool that takes a chance,
There are good people to redress the balance,
Take comfort that you are decent and true,
Then the detractors won't have an effect on you

:)
That's good Michael :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
welshwookie said:
Paul
Sorry to hear you've been mucked about, Paul. I hope they cough up and pay very soon.

I've never really understood people that bid with no intention of paying. I know I'm not them and it's hard to put yourself in the shoes of another, especially if they're nothing like you, but I wouldn't dream of bidding on something if, a) I didn't want the item, or b) I couldn't afford or didn't want to pay for it.

Perhaps Nick's right, and a lot of bids are placed when people are drunk? But if so, surely when they sober up and realise what they've done they would contact the seller, cap in hand if need be, to apologise and explain what they've done?

I am lucky in that I have very rarely had any problems on eBay, but I am almost exclusively a buyer not a seller, so perhaps there's more scope to encounter problems when selling? At any rate, I always try to be the buyer I would want people to be with me, and unless there is a very good reason not to, I always pay for my auction wins within minutes of winning them.

Jeremy

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
welshwookie said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can anyone logically answer why some people ruin others Ebay auctions. You always seem to get the 0 or 1 feedback bidder , but bidders with good feedback beat me, as why bid if you can't

I've never really understood people that bid with no intention of paying. I know I'm not them and it's hard to put yourself in the shoes of another, especially if they're nothing like you, but I wouldn't dream of bidding on something if, a) I didn't want the item, or b) I couldn't afford or didn't want to pay for it.

Perhaps Nick's right, and a lot of bids are placed when people are drunk? But if so, surely when they sober up and realise what they've done they would contact the seller, cap in hand if need be, to apologise and explain what they've done?

I am lucky in that I have very rarely had any problems on eBay, but I am almost exclusively a buyer not a seller, so perhaps there's more scope to encounter problems when selling? At any rate, I always try to be the buyer I would want people to be with me, and unless there is a very good reason not to, I always pay for my auction wins within minutes of winning them.

Jeremy

Shame you hadn't bid/won my item . You probably would have left feedback too :lol:
Does anyone leave that anymore?
What's annoying is the second bidder would have been interested in it as a second chance. Time has gone on now . Bloody shame he missed out as the other person was a last minute bidder and won by £2 on bid history, although it could have been take higher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom