Don't You Love It When...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
You put in a best offer on eBay, and it gets declined. So you put in a bid, and it ends up going for far less by auction 8)

I bet the seller is pissed! Serves him right for being greedy, I knew my offer was very fair.

lejackal

Grand Master
I've had this a few times recently whilst on my quest for a B&O CRT, the auctions all seem to end up within a couple of pounds of my offers.
Dear sellers, yes, your lovely TV may have cost thousands when the technology was still relevant but nowadays it's worth about 20 quid, 30 if you're lucky :roll: :lol:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I think that's the definition karma. :lol: Nicely done, Edd. It seems to be 50/50 with me; sometimes my offer gets declined, sometimes they accept it for what it is, a fair offer.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
You've been watching an item for 6 months that's had no offers and you finally put a best offer which is the going rate and the 'best offer', but the seller counters with £5 of the BIN price. Happens often to me.

poncho

Grand Master
I put a best offer on heman figure for £10 he declined he countered offered me at £20. I won it for £3 ha ha ha

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
You put in a best offer on eBay, and it gets declined. So you put in a bid, and it ends up going for far less by auction 8)

I bet the seller is pissed! Serves him right for being greedy, I knew my offer was very fair.

Nice one Edd yep seen it a few times.

lee gray

Sith Lord
2 months back an item was being sold for 30 with BO so i offered 25, he came back to me with 29, a sodding quid reduction so i left it, its still on ebay now 27.50 and i would have said yes otherwise no point in having best offer

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
lee gray said:
2 months back an item was being sold for 30 with BO so i offered 25, he came back to me with 29, a sodding quid reduction so i left it, its still on ebay now 27.50 and i would have said yes otherwise no point in having best offer
:D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes it really annoys me when people have Best Offer turned on, yet when you make a (fair) offer either decline it or send one back with a 50p discount. If you aren't open to offers, don't enable it!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think it's funny when you do get a bit of discount, like £5 off a £200 MOC and ebay send you a message saying great negotiating. Really?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom