EP IX Trailer

Leemcl

Jedi Master
grinchy said:
Looks brilliant, can't wait for December, loved the panel to, good to see Kelly get some love from the audience, after all the crap whiny fan boys put her through, I get some people didn't like her performance but she didn't deserve the hate she got.

She did not deserve the personal abuse she got. She deserved every single comment that reflected on her inability to act. It's fair to put most of the criticism towards the writing, casting and director as they frankly should have been better at their job. That's not her fault.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Loved the teaser, love the title, and it's a NEW STAR WARS FILM 8)

Underwhelmed, overwhelmed, not bothered, excited, at least there is a film for us to watch and judge as individuals no one is right, no one is wrong, I'm really looking forward to it.

Nothing in life is black and white, if it was we wouldn't have rainbows :D

Come on Dec 19 can't wait 8) :D

Nailed it, theres a few on here would hate regardless of what was in the trailer, decided they're not going to like it before giving it a chance, I get why some disliked the Last Jedi, doesn't mean this ones going to suck, the trailers ****ing ace, embrace everyone, lifes to short

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
The title is Ep IX Trailer so I don't see the need for all this talk of the last Jedi in this thread. I under
Stand people didn't like the last film but that's not what is being discussed here.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Michael Sith said:
Loved the teaser, love the title, and it's a NEW STAR WARS FILM 8)

Underwhelmed, overwhelmed, not bothered, excited, at least there is a film for us to watch and judge as individuals no one is right, no one is wrong, I'm really looking forward to it.

Nothing in life is black and white, if it was we wouldn't have rainbows :D

Come on Dec 19 can't wait 8) :D

Nailed it, theres a few on here would hate regardless of what was in the trailer, decided they're not going to like it before giving it a chance, I get why some disliked the Last Jedi, doesn't mean this ones going to suck, the trailers ****ing ace, embrace everyone, lifes to short

Stu,

I personally think it looks awful, but I just cannot get on with the sequels. I loved the stand alone but IMO the casting was awful for the sequels. Ridley , Boyega and Driver are awful actors who have about as much skill as Daffy Duck. Driver reminds me of Hayden C from AOTC and Ridley is just so wooden. She tries to over act and completely ruins the character with her pathetic acting.

However, as I always say I'm glad that people who like it are getting what they want. But, every person has a right to an opinion whether it be good.or bad and sometimes those opinions can be harsh, but that's life.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
 The 24-hour traffic for Skywalker following its drop at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago on Friday April 12 was 111M, which was 20M more than the Stars Wars: The Last Jedi teaser (91M as of April 14, 2017) and more than double the 24-hour traffic for Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser from Thanksgiving, Nov. 27, 2014.

Alive and kicking 8)

GLucas

Padawan
It's a little bit vague, isn't it? Rey jumping over a sort of Tie Interceptor, that has Kylo's wings on it? :?

And why is she doing it? Some kind of test or practice? I can't make anything of it. Very strange. It is almost the biggest part of the trailer. Why?

Is it getting better? Lando laughing, C3PO on a glider, Rey, Finn and Poe on the hunt finding a crashed part of the death star? :roll:

This trailer is one of the vaguest in the sequels. But it's the first of episode 9, so it may become more clearer to us. Hopefully... 8)

UKS

Jedi Knight
I think a lot of that desert scene is going to be a Dagobah style vision sequence.

I also think that will connect into the Death Star Wreckage,

WARNING INSANE THEORY COMING.

The DS wreckage has a "dark side cave" aspect to it. Into it Rey ventures.

I believe this is where the return of the Emperor comes in. He is some sort of spirit/apparition in that cave.

I am also of the opinion that Rey is either reincarnation of Anakin or the Emperor. Probably some sort of clone thing if not the entire "Chosen One reborn".

I also hate these films with a passion!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thats not a bad shout UKS, would make sense the Emperor being connected to the Death Star wreckage. :shock:

Crumm

Padawan
Meh...

I have fallen out with Star Wars films in a big way (apart from the OT) and this trailer did not excite me one bit. They probably only brought Lando back because they now have a huge gaping hole where all the original heroes once stood.

After the complete mess that was TLJ, I don't think I will see EP IX at the cinema.

Probably wait for it to come on Sky for free a few months later.

It's a shame for me personally, I am all for more Star Wars, just not in the way they are doing it...

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Dunno. It looks too good to be an amateur one but I havent heard anything about a new trailer release so I suspect it may be.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
There's no way that's legit :) Who's the random guy who looks like he's just walked off the set of The Hobbit? :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Each to his own on the SW films and opinions, for me it's a new SW film and can only be a good thing :)

In a world where we have Trump as president and Boris the Bafoon looking like our next PM, a new SW film giving us some light hearted escapism is badly needed IMO and needs to be seen for what it is, a film to enjoy or not enjoy whatever your reasons but for those that do look forward to it it's a little bit of SW escapism :D

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
Each to his own on the SW films and opinions, for me it's a new SW film and can only be a good thing :)

In a world where we have Trump as president and Boris the Bafoon looking like our next PM, a new SW film giving us some light hearted escapism is badly needed IMO and needs to be seen for what it is, a film to enjoy or not enjoy whatever your reasons but for those that do look forward to it it's a little bit of SW escapism :D

This!!!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Michael Sith said:

This!!!

This again!

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Looks like a fan trailer made up of deleted TLJ/fan film scenes etc.

Hoping against hope that TROS is a much needed return to form for the SW franchise.

Michael Sith said:
In a world where we have Trump as president and Boris the Bafoon looking like our next PM, a new SW film giving us some light hearted escapism is badly needed IMO

I agree SW should be pure escapism for the child in all of us, with contemporary political beliefs kept well away from it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom