Episode 9...your personal feelings *No Spoilers*

Will you be going to see Ep9 in the cinema?

• Hell yes! I've already given Disney my wallet, bank details and first born.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • I'm interested to see what they do with the next chapter.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I'm on the fence.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • If most fans say it's good, I could be persuaded.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Hell no! I'm making an effigy of Rian and Kathleen that weekend.

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
I've definitely lost a lot of enthusiasm for the franchise since TLJ was excreted on to us.
The OT will always hold a special place in my heart, but I have next to zero interest in how the ST pans out.
It seems to be a clusterfuck all around.
No planning of the trilogy is amateurish at best, a complete piss-take at worst .
In one film we're told to "kill the past", the next they're hitting all the nostalgia buttons again because they know they've ****ed up.
Got to get us toxic white males back on board, eh Kathleen?.
Just **** off.

Sinniberg

Padawan
I just can't forgive Disney for what they've done in essence to Star Wars and the beloved characters.

In TLJ Luke says "it's time for the Jedi to end" and off course it did in a way, and the film was, worse than anyone could've imagined.

I see in the E9 trailer it has "The Saga comes to an end".

Sadly, I suspect it'll be Disney sticking the knife in for the last time.

I read a comment on Youtube which said "I can assure you, the boycott will be fully operational".

I think it shows you the state of the franchise under Disney that fan, amateur and semi-professionally made films on Youtube are better than most of what Disney have made.

Check out Vader: Shards of the past and Star Wars: Birth of a monster.

av6

Jedi Knight
I'm not fussed. I'll see it when it hits the small screen for free. Its given that J.J. will do a better job than Ruin (no typo), but I still really could not give a ****.

Heard an interview with Mary Sue a few days ago saying how much is explored in Ep 9. You could hear the 'I'm ****ing shitting myself' tone in her voice.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Sinniberg said:
I think it shows you the state of the franchise under Disney that fan, amateur and semi-professionally made films on Youtube are better than most of what Disney have made.

:lol: :roll:

People boycotting a film that nobody has seen or knows anything about yet? Well done :lol: :roll:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Cazza said:
Sinniberg said:

:lol: :roll:

People boycotting a film that nobody has seen or knows anything about yet? Well done :lol: :roll:

Whilst I tend to agree boycotts are a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, I can somewhat understand it in regard to the handling of the ST.

My feeling is that if there is a fan boycott of Ep9, it is a reaction to Lucasfilm/Disneys demonization of fans valid criticisms of TLJ (russian trolls, man babies, misogynists blah, blah), rather than a boycott of the film itself.

The jury is still out on whether a boycott had any bearing on Solo's failure at the box office.
I tend to think it had more of an effect than the tired 'SW fatigue' excuse that gets rolled out ad nauseum.

I have no intention of boycotting EP9. If only out of morbid curiosity of how they can salvage something from this clusterfuck.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Boycotting a film.

Has there ever been an example of such a noble deed.

A true demonstration of moral principle for the greatest cause of our time.

Godspeed heroes :lol: :lol: :lol:

jayums

Jedi Master
Oh I will definitely watch it. But it won't be at midnight like force awakens. I'm just meh about them.

If nothing else it makes me appreciate of the genius of the writing and editing of the original films (apart from the production / casting / music / sound effects and everything else) even more. Those films never had any flab (besides Jabba!) - can't think of a scene you could cut that would not be missed or served a purpose in some way.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Im well excited about it. Teaser was just enough to get me frothed.. Rey looking boss.. Lando, death star, a skiff.. Emperor cackling. I'm hoping for more Last Jedi craziness.. BRING IT ON

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I will definitely watch it, I didn't love TLJ but also didn't hate it as much as some people seem to. I personally don't regard any Star Wars film since ROTJ even in the same league as the original trilogy, so I try to watch the new films subjectively and on their own merits. If the OT are all 10/10 I would probably put every film since somewhere between 2 and 5 out of 10, but that's simply because I love the OT so much, not because I hate the prequels and newer ones. So I'm definitely willing to give IX a go, even if I thought the back flipping over a TIE fighter bit in the trailer was stupid.

jayums

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
So I'm definitely willing to give IX a go, even if I thought the back flipping over a TIE fighter bit in the trailer was stupid.

Agreed - It is flipping stupid. Lay down on back, ignite the saber, point it up, and slice the tie fighter in half. Job done.

Or why not just have Rey desperately running to escape the tie as it gets closer.... tension builds, then cut to black.

It reminds us that whatever happens, Rey is never in genuine peril because she has superpowers and can do anything (compare and contrast this with OT E.g. running away during the Death Star escape, or Luke on Endor).

It reminded me of how far removed Star Wars today is from the spirit of the original films. Now it's just a superhero movie (don't want to give Disney ideas). Luke defeating the Emperor by not fighting him would never happen today, because it wouldn't look cool enough.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Are we getting a new trailer soon? Less than 6 months to go until another Star Wars Christmas.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Would be surprised to see a new trailer at SDCC- think the main trailer will be October sometime. Would think a BTS showreel would be more likely. They definitely need to show something though!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
This vid really puts thing into perspective and is also pretty amusing! https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=MM-3lw9bIjE

grinchy

Sith Lord
that video is spot on, :D :D
So sick of all the negativity, at least here we can talk about this rationally elsewere its a different story

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Hopefully, the completion of the Sequel Trilogy will herald a clean break from all the divisiveness we've seen over the past few years.

Whilst tempered with caution, I think the future looks bright for the franchise.
The Mandalorian, Clone Wars and Obi-Wan series, from what I've seen, have all been met with enthusiasm from the fanbase.
Not forgetting the Cassian Andor/K2SO series as well.

Still think someone like Filoni or Favreau should be given the reins at Lucasfilm once Kennedy is given a dignified exit.

My only worry is that the Rian Johnson trilogy might still see the light of day. That will just cause more grief, in my opinion.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Spoilers are dropping left, right and centre at the mo, so be careful what you click on! Made the mistake of clicking on something about the soundtrack and the author had included a track name that is a huge spoiler :( There was absolutely no spoiler warning, so not happy! This was on a Reddit sub where there is supposed to be spoiler warnings. Be careful!

Latest posts

Top Bottom