SWTOTW, Week 27, 2019, Part 1/2 Bespin Security Guard (Black)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Bespin Security Guard (Black):

Sorry for the small picture, it was not easy to find a bigger picture of a black guard :shock:

01.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Here you go Lars.
My one and only example of this figure.
PS: Nice to have you back!

Attachments

• 6EC7A139-78D8-487D-AE8F-AA03B205A252.jpeg
    6EC7A139-78D8-487D-AE8F-AA03B205A252.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 887

UKS

Jedi Knight
Why does he exist?

(I always thought he was Asian. So I have learned something new today with that sharper photo!)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
Here you go Lars.
Fantastic MOC, Nick!

Thanks for sharing :)
Thank you.
I assume that you have an army of these? :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Here you go Lars.

Thanks mate for sharing that beautiful moc with palitoy logo 8) and thanks for the kind words, it is also great to be back :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
UKS said:
Why does he exist?

(I always thought he was Asian. So I have learned something new today with that sharper photo!)

I thoght the same as you, why make a white and a black :roll:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
Here you go Lars.
Fantastic MOC, Nick!

Thanks for sharing :)
Thank you.
I assume that you have an army of these? :wink:
I don't have the faintest idea what you mean! ;-) Actually, I don't quite have an army of these, but I can muster up three...

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The black Bespin Security Guard, eh? I thought it was an interesting choice by Kenner to make this figure (doubtless as a way of increasing the ethnic diversity of its figure range), but I can't escape from the fact that both Bespin Security Guards are frankly not all that exciting. Additionally, the black one has a ridiculous walking pose, which I hate! It's the same deal as the Luke Hoth figure, which has an equally stupid pose. That aside though, it's another solid enough figure.

Not an awful lot of interesting variants (at least for me!) to be found with this one, but I do have three of them, each with a different skin tone. I can't rival Nick's wonderful Palitoy 45A MOC, but I can contribute a Palitoy 45B.

Stupid Pose - 01.jpg

Stupid Pose - 02.jpg

Stupid Pose - 03.jpg

Stupid Pose - 04.jpg

Stupid Pose - 05.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The black Bespin Security Guard, eh? I thought it was an interesting choice by Kenner to make this figure (doubtless as a way of increasing the ethnic diversity of its figure range), but I can't escape from the fact that both Bespin Security Guards are frankly not all that exciting. Additionally, the black one has a ridiculous walking pose, which I hate! It's the same deal as the Luke Hoth figure, which has an equally stupid pose. That aside though, it's another solid enough figure.

Not an awful lot of interesting variants (at least for me!) to be found with this one, but I do have three of them, each with a different skin tone. I can't rival Nick's wonderful Palitoy 45A MOC, but I can contribute a Palitoy 45B.

Stupid Pose - 01.jpg

Stupid Pose - 02.jpg

Stupid Pose - 03.jpg

Stupid Pose - 04.jpg

Stupid Pose - 05.jpg

3 figures, I would call them an army :D I agree about the legs, they are ridiculous also on luke hoth, any idea why they made the legs like that ?

Nice beautiful army of figures, I love your variants and that moc looks fantastic 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
3 figures, I would call them an army :D I agree about the legs, they are ridiculous also on luke hoth, any idea why they made the legs like that ?

Nice beautiful army of figures, I love your variants and that moc looks fantastic 8)
Thanks, Lars.

I remember reading somewhere that the same sculptor was responsible for both the Luke Hoth and black Bespin Guard figures. He was not a fan of the static poses all the other figures had been given and wanted to do something more 'dynamic' with these two. I *think* I remember correctly that he was not allowed to push things too far, so pushed it as much as he was able to get away with / was allowed to.

Personally I hate the poses on both figures, not least precisely because they don't match the rest of the line with their static poses, but I'm sure both figures will also have their ardent supporters and fans! :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks, Lars.

I remember reading somewhere that the same sculptor was responsible for both the Luke Hoth and black Bespin Guard figures. He was not a fan of the static poses all the other figures had been given and wanted to do something more 'dynamic' with these two. I *think* I remember correctly that he was not allowed to push things too far, so pushed it as much as he was able to get away with / was allowed to.

Personally I hate the poses on both figures, not least precisely because they don't match the rest of the line with their static poses, but I'm sure both figures will also have their ardent supporters and fans! :lol:

Thanks mate for the info, I did not know that :shock:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Stupid Pose - 01.jpg

Stupid Pose - 02.jpg

Stupid Pose - 03.jpg

Stupid Pose - 04.jpg

Stupid Pose - 05.jpg

Jeremy,
Great MOC with a nice clear bubble.
And only three loose "variants"... I'm surprised! :wink:

Lars, I believe that the guy that sculptured this figure had a thing for this pose, possibly from Greek philosophy I can't recall exactly.
I seem to remember that there is lots of information on this on the "chive cast pod cast" and then look for the episode on the BBG.
If I get chance I'll find which episode it's on.
Really worth a listen if you don't listen to this.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Stupid Pose - 01.jpg

Stupid Pose - 02.jpg

Stupid Pose - 03.jpg

Stupid Pose - 04.jpg

Stupid Pose - 05.jpg

Great MOC with a nice clear bubble.

Lars, the guy that sculptured this figure had a thing for this pose, possibly from Greek philosophy I can't recall exactly.
There is lots of information on this on the "chive cast pod cast" and then look for the episode on the BBG.
Really worth a listen if you don't listen to this.

Thanks mate, I also did not know that, looks like I am still new only collected in 18 years :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom