Haslab Khetanna

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
This was an interesting video and update from RetroBlasting worth a watch, I do believe Hasbro should take some responsibility for their lack of willingness to distribute these to other location's than just North America ,

They should pay some consideration to the numbers of collectors that have bought their products over the years , not penalise them in this way by restricting the market spread of this particular item crowd-funded or not, with the extra charges that are incurred just to get it to your door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5WtyUgFcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExuCjYlyOAg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
So guess what finally turned up today :-D

About Bloody Time!.jpg

More photos to follow in due course! :-D :-D :-D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:

About Bloody Time!.jpg
Congratulations, at long last!
Won't be seeing you posting much for a while! :lol:
Enjoy, it's been worth the wait. 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:

About Bloody Time!.jpg
Congratulations, at long last!
Won't be seeing you posting much for a while! :lol:
Enjoy, it's been worth the wait. 8)
Thanks :). It's a good job I like playing cards, given the patience I've had to show :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's great news that it's finally arrived and it looks to have arrived in great shape which must be a relief.

Can't wait to see some more pictures if you're opening it.

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
That's great news that it's finally arrived and it looks to have arrived in great shape which must be a relief.

Can't wait to see some more pictures if you're opening it.

Ian
Indeed I am, and have! The box is actually held together with numerous cardboard tabs rather than tape (which Hasbro announced previously, but it's still nice to see), so if you're very careful, you can open it, inspect the contents and reseal it again. However, I always intended to display mine, and it's now unpacked, assembled (which is a lot harder than it looks, as some of the parts and pieces don't fit together as smoothly as they should), and is tentatively on display. I haven't had time to populate it with any figures yet, but it is in the cabinet. I'll take and post some better pictures in due course, but for now I simply needed it out of the way as it's massive!:

Barging In - 01.jpg

Barging In - 02.jpg

Barging In - 03.jpg

Barging In - 04.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
robpmarsh said:
Nice display!......looks like there was a great deal of shuffling around to get that in there :D

Yes, once I decided I wanted to display it in that cabinet, I had to reorganise the contents, especially since the cabinet wasn't actually built with the Khetanna in mind. Luckily there was a long lead time from when Hasbro announced it to when it was actually released (and then I had to wait another few months for mine to arrive), so I had plenty of time to shift everything around and make sure I could shoehorn it in :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's one amazing display and now I can see the size of your cabinet, it's huge! :shock:

Such an impressive piece and I'm looking forward to seeing it populated with all the figures, it really is going to look awesome :D Also you should try to fit the skiff in there if you have one, I bet that would make quite a nice diorama with the two of them.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:
That's one amazing display and now I can see the size of your cabinet, it's huge! :shock:

Such an impressive piece and I'm looking forward to seeing it populated with all the figures, it really is going to look awesome :D Also you should try to fit the skiff in there if you have one, I bet that would make quite a nice diorama with the two of them.

Ian
Don't you have two skiffs on order...where are these going to go!
I knew it was big but it fills that cabinet, I thought that there would be more room.
Agree with Ian that it looks great and will be even better when full of figures, looking forward to seeing pictures.
I assume that your not fitting any lighting?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:

Ian

Mini99 said:
Don't you have two skiffs on order...where are these going to go!
I knew it was big but it fills that cabinet, I thought that there would be more room.
Agree with Ian that it looks great and will be even better when full of figures, looking forward to seeing pictures.
I assume that your not fitting any lighting?

Yes, I do have a pair of the new skiffs on order, and yes the intention is to display them, with figures, in the same cabinet as the Khetanna. However, as stated above, that particular cabinet was not built with the Khetanna in mind. It was actually just for those other 6" figures that you see in it - including the Matrix Chateau set - as originally I did not want to overlap the Family Guy, Buffy and Angel figures (the lower third of the cabinet was originally only to have shelving over three-quarters of its width, allowing room for the Matrix set on the right-hand side).

However, when the Khetanna was announced, I realised it would fit in the cabinet if I ruthlessly compressed the other figures, and hence that is what I did. The problem though has always been that the exact dimensions of the Khetanna were slightly blurred for me due to the sails extending so much higher and wider than the rest of the craft. I was confident the thing would fit in the cabinet, but I was hoping to also fit a pair of skiffs in as well. However, now that the barge is in there, sadly there is no room for a skiff to be displayed along side the barge as it appeared at the Sarlacc pit in Return of the Jedi. But, if I remove the Matrix set and shift the barge to the right, there should be room to display 2 skiffs in front of it, in a sort-of recreation of how they appeared as they flew on their way to the Sarlacc in ROTJ. At least one of them will probably be suspended from the shelf above, although I am tempted to suspend both at different heights :-D

Having said all of that, if the two skiffs and Khetanna either won't all fit, or if they do but look too cramped, I do have a backup option of shifting a lot more stuff around and displaying them in a completely different cabinet that's a bit wider and deeper.

As for populating it with figures, that will probably be done next weekend as I have other commitments this weekend, but once it's done I will post more (and better!) photos right here.

Oh, and no, I currently have no plans for lighting, but in the future... who knows!

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
This will look amazing when fully displayed with other skiff well worth the wait, ( where're gonna need a bigger cabinet ) sorry couldn't help the jaws reference :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Displaying the skiffs as if flying is a great idea, looking forward to seeing this.
And I think that keeping it as is, i.e. no lighting is for the best.
As Ian has said, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures with the figures.
I assume your Yak arrived safe and sound?

where're gonna need a bigger cabinet
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Displaying the skiffs as if flying is a great idea, looking forward to seeing this.
And I think that keeping it as is, i.e. no lighting is for the best.
As Ian has said, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures with the figures.
I assume your Yak arrived safe and sound?

where're gonna need a bigger cabinet
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, sorry I should have mentioned both the Yak and the Jabba. I am pleased to say that both arrived safe and sound thanks. And here they are, plus a photo of how they were packed (BTW, the Jabba is tiny! It's probably actually the most authentically scaled version Hasbro have sculpted to date, but it still seems like the Ronnie Corbett version! :lol: ):

Unboxing - 01.jpg

I Wish It Was POTF - 01.jpg

I Wish It Was POTF - 02.jpg

Gemma Collins - 01.jpg

lee gray

Sith Lord
Nice, I actually had a replacement box for my one but the massive box they sent it in was so flimsy that it too was a bit damaged but atleast they tried.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
OK, I have populated my barge with figures, and as threatened, here are some pics to prove it. First though, I thought you might like to see a quick size comparison between the vintage and Khetanna Jabba figures. The new one is significantly smaller, and also has an impression moulded into his dais inside the barge (which, although non-removable, slides about an inch from side to side, btw) for him to sit in. You can just about squeeze a vintage Jabba inside the Khetanna, but due to the impression moulded into the dais, he really doesn't sit in there very comfortably! :lol:

01 - The Mighty Twins.jpg

02 - The Mighty Squeeze.jpg

03 - The Mighty Impression.jpg

04 - The Mighty Fit.jpg

And here is the barge with lots of figures shoehorned inside. I tried not to use visible stands if possible (most of the figures needing them have them hidden, but a couple are more obvious), but some figures are simply too unstable to trust to stay upright unaided:

05 - Barging In.jpg

06 - Barging Left.jpg

07 - Barging Centre.jpg

08 - Barging Right.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom