Something positive... Pinewood Studio Tour - Raffle for Charity

maxf

Jedi Master
There is a lot of negativity in the hobby at the moment, so here's something positive...

I have been amazingly fortunate and have won a tour of the world famous Pinewood Studios in Jez's charity raffle... but I've decided to offer the tickets to posters on SWFUK, as I was lucky enough to have a tour myself last year!

I'm told each tour is different and it depends on which stages are closed/in use, but when Jon and I went last year we had a great time... we saw some really cool things which any film fan would enjoy - I wont ruin the tour by posting our experiences here, but it was great!

The tour is on fixed dates and you will get 2 tickets.

The dates are: 26th July, 23rd August, 13th September, 25th October, 15th November 12th December 2019.

The rules are simple:

1. Winner gets 2 tickets
2. You must go on one of the above 2019 dates (if you don't the tickets are lost forever)
3. Tour includes restaurant lunch if you go in July, August or September (after that you'll just get the tour and will have to make sandwiches).
4. Entrants must have been a forum member before 1st July 2019 and be an active poster.
5. [this is important] the Winner has to donate a minimum of £100 to Jez's charity... if you're able to, then more money would be gratefully accepted and will help change even more lives, but I wanted to keep this as inclusive as possible, so the value of a nice Jedi moc it is.
6. You have to get there and back on your own... the limo is busy. Sorry.

7. To enter - make sure you agree with the above, then post a reply to this thread with something positive about the hobby - it might be a thanks to the selfless work Dave does at FF, an experience where someone has helped you find something you wouldn't have seen on your own, a review of the excellent Vintage Rebellion Podcast (or some other cool podcast), a SW website which has really helped you which others might not have seen (Jason's Palitoy site for example or something AWESOME on the SWCA.com), a review of a cool shop who sells vintage... as the anti-emperor said "go wild and let the positivity flow through you"....

8. I'll draw a winner randomly on, or just after, the 13th July. 1 entry per person.

Oh, and it is definitely not guaranteed that you'll see anything SW... but it's still amazing, and you might see something if you keep your eyes peeled - who knows!

Jez

Sith Lord
Max, I'm so grateful and blown away with your generous offer, thank you.

So all that someone has to do is write their name in this thread. If they get chosen as the winner all they need to do is donate £100 and they get a VIP tour and lunch for 2 (if before September)??
That's incredible.
If their name isn't picked they aren't required to pay anything.
The lunch for 2 alone is worth about £50 I think.

Thanks once again :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This is a really great offer Max and Jez, I'm going to see if any of the dates work

maxf

Jedi Master
Jez said:
So all that someone has to do is write their name in this thread. If they get chosen as the winner all they need to do is donate £100 and they get a VIP tour and lunch for 2 (if before September)??
That's incredible.
If their name isn't picked they aren't required to pay anything.
The lunch for 2 alone is worth about £50 I think.

Exactly! You can't buy a tour of pinewood (can't remember what I bid to win the one I went on but it was way more than £100). I wanted it to go towards charity and this seemed the best way. Hopefully I haven't misjudged this - I'll go myself again if no takers... might get a closer look at something we saw in the distance this time ;)

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Ah man, what a great gesture!
So many positives about this hobby, from the great work Dave does with FF, to the superb Vintage Rebellion podcast!
But my absolute favourite thing is meeting up with the friends made through the forum! Spoons is coming to Hereford in August if anyone fancies a few beers

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
What an amazing offer, I'm in for sure. This forum really is the corner stone of Star Wars toys.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Cheers Max, what a generous offer.

That's one of the things I love about the hobby - so many people are so generous to others, whether it's helping to find those sought after pieces for a collection, offering bargains or even giving away items to friends, helping with charity fundraising, or giving up huge amounts of time to assist, inform and educate, either in person or more widely through podcasts or websites, and organising collecting events. Such generosity really brings the community together and we all benefit massively from it.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow! That's an incredibly generous thing to do, that's an amazing prize.

The positive comment - that's easy
The community spirit shown on a regular basis here is fantastic. A quick scan through the feedback thread and you'll see nothing but people going out their way to help others - helping find items, buying and forwarding on bulky items. Highlighting bargains and adding extras to sales. All just little bits of magic with the purpose of making someone smile and enjoy our hoby even more.

maxf

Jedi Master
Some good interest so far... and the odds of winning are pretty decent!

So far we have:

Richard_H
Roundster
TheforceUK
AndyPreston
db94

20% chance of a win so far...with a few others checking the dates.

To give a little more info; the tour we were on lasted about 2 or 2.5 hours, and we saw some great filming locations and stages (I think it was 10am - 12 or 12.30 from memory). The tour was well thought-out and run by somebody who is in the industry with some good stories to tell and she dropped us off at the end in the restaurant. Lunch was a 3 courser and in part of the original house (and completely gratis).

This is the filming location of the Star Wars films, James Bond, Aliens, The Fifth Element,Memphis Bell and countless others! It's really cool to walk around knowing all that was filmed there. If you remember the SAS movie 'who dares wins' (which I loved), you'll like the old house!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
maxf said:
Some good interest so far... and the odds of winning are pretty decent!

So far we have:

Richard_H
Roundster
TheforceUK
AndyPreston
db94

20% chance of a win so far

Sorry for last minute message - pm sent bud.

maxf

Jedi Master
Right gents, the bbq is on and lunch is cooking so I've had a few minutes to select a lucky winner.

Thanks to all of you who entered. It's an awesome experience to see where these things were filmed and hopefully the winner will really enjoy their tour!

So, no video I'm afraid as I couldn't do justice to it compared to Jez's polished presenting skills and, frankly, I'm a bit hungover.

So, Each entrant got a number allocated to them, and google random number generator did the rest! And the lucky winner is.... Roundster

Drop me a pm mate and I'll sort the prize out! Well done!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Congratulations Paul, I'm sure that your have a great time.
Post some pictures if you can. :D

Jez

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Congratulations Paul - absolutely chuffed you chose me as your plus one, knew you loved me most

:lol: :lol:

You'd make a lovely couple

Congrats Paul and thank you Max. What a lovely competition

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/thelaststormtrooperrun

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom