Palifan

Sith Lord
Really great set up and some great pictures of it for us to drool over :D

Looking real good my friend!

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Looks great, I bet your pleased that it's finally in your display case and populated.
Is there a master plan for where the figures are placed or have you used the film as a guide?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Looks great, I bet your pleased that it's finally in your display case and populated.
Is there a master plan for where the figures are placed or have you used the film as a guide?
Thank you. Yes, it's a relief to finally have it on display with figures :)

As for the figures and their placement, I drew up the list of figures to populate it based on those characters I could actually see on the barge in Return of the Jedi (and which had figures made of them, of course!), plus a few other favourites of mine that plausibly could be there, like Ephant Mon. I would have loved to arrange them as they appear in the film, but as large as the barge is, there's still not enough room inside it to do that fully. For instance, Max Rebo is shown on the barge in the film, but it is unclear (to me at least), exactly whereabouts relative to Jabba he is. However, unless I relegate Max to outside of Jabba's room, which I did not want to do, there is only one place where his organ will fit (insert your own 'Carry On' style joke here ;-)), and hence that dictated his position. Similarly, Ephant Mon does fit inside, but with Max where he is, there is only one place left where he can go, so that fixed his spot too! The other characters I tried to arrange based on what seemed logical and, if possible, where they appear in the film. If Max Rebo is in Jabba's room, then Sy Snootles (whom we don't see on the barge in the film - doubtless actually due to the way the puppet was operated in reality rather than a deliberate decision to exclude her) logically should be in there with him, as should Droopy McCool (who is seen). Bib Fortuna, C-3PO, Leia, R2-D2, Bossk, Dengar, Boba Fett, some Jawas and Yak Face should also be there, based on the film, so that's where I've tried to put them, but there's only so much room to play with and I don't want the other areas to look too sparse, so I've had to relax things a little and assume that the characters might have moved around a bit as the Khetanna made its way across the Dune Sea :-D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom